Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Empty
PostSubject: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 10:16

hey all,
me and my mordheim group at my local gaming store have had a running campaign going for quite some time i'll try and recollect all that has happened but this groups been going for a couple of months now, but before i get started here are the warbands invloved:
i am currently playing The Dark Side (undead) skaven (disband) the lords of mordheim (witch hunters) (disband) Da Irken Invadaz (Forest Goblins)
sirith(the resurrected) and his dark elves have disband after the leaders 3rd death and is now trying his hand at skaven(disband)
Gorgor Fitsbanga(the resurrected) Willy Wazdakka(not dead...yet) and Da Krumpin' Kroo (orcs)
Aarondil's Seekers (shadow warriors) the same player is also now playing a group of sisters and mercs (i think marienberg)(disband) dwarf treasure hunters
orc guy #2
the cult of the really bad injury table rolling (cult) after disbanding the knights of the really bad injury table rolling (bretonians)
Skaven player #2
(we also have some other players who have stated interest in playing but i'll hold off on posting them till they get a game in)
we've had so many problems with dying leaders that we've implemented a reroll on the first death of warband leader so anyone "resurrected" has made use of their re-roll.

yeah this group has seen it's fair share of really bad injury tables perhaps it's the wrong idea to just give up on a warband just cause the leader died (or sold into slavery) but usually it's so early on in the warbads career that people don't feel its worth it, but actually alot of the guys hold on until they get royally screwed then they proceed to disband. sorry in advance if this battle rep is too wordy i don't have a camera and so i can't take pics, but if people don't like this "fluffy" format i'll go into more brief play by play and just cover the highlights. i went with the fluffy one on tis rep also because i dn't have a great memory of all the battle reps and i figure i might as well do a sort of fluffy style on the one's i can remember in greater detail. anyway without further to do the battle rep.

GAME 1 treasure hunt: dark elves v undead v shadow warriors
there was a total of 4 treasures for the game.
A strange an eerie mist fills the streets, the shadow warriors quitely sneak from one alley to the next. rumors of treasure and wyrdstone have brought these silent stalkers to these cursed parts of mordheim, for with the rumors of treasure and spoils also whispers the threat of the restless dead that scour the streets looking for human (and possibly elven) flesh. the leader with a motion of his hand brings all the shadow warriors halt, and after waiting for a moment signals again and all the shadow warriors take refuge in a broken down and abandoned building their they quietly wait, but not for long as figures begin to form in the mist. It's their hated cousins the dark elves this one accompanied by two cold one beast hounds but it's not long before he is joined by more of their hated kin, it's not long before the dark elves realise they are not alone, their leaders face fills with a sinister grin but before he can issue a single order one of his companions points off into the distance. The shadow warrios look over as well to see a solitary cloaked figure standing just outside of the mist, soon he is joined by mishapen and disfigured creatures, it would seem that the restless dead have arrived and none of the parties involved seemed at all intersted in sharing what spoils their maybe. Without saying a word the shadow warriors draw their bows in unison and begin firing upon their foes, the dark elves duck into cover, the slower undead are hit but the arrows only seem as a minor annoyance as their leader motions for the undead to decend upon the elves then he runs off into the ruins by himself. Then a dark elf sorceress jumps out from behind cover and lets loose two bolts out of her repeater crossbow but she fails to hit her mark; her target quickly adjusts his shot and lets loose and arrow. It finds it's mark in the sorceress' knee and as she cries out in pain she falls back hitting her head on some of the debris and knocking herself unconscience. Meanwhile on the ther side of the battlefield, a dark elf fellblade is skulking the ruins as he spots a piece of wyrdstone he runs over a reaches down to grab it. He raises it in the air with a smile on his face, "Truly the master will be pleased." He thinks to himself as he goes to tuck it away in a pouch where he has already acquired one piece but before he can secure it in his satchel an arrow pierces his chest. He looks down at the arrow as he sinks to one knee, then finally collapsing. Out of the shadows the cloaked figure emerges with a bow in hand, he shoulders his weapon as he bends down and takes the wyrdstone from the fallen elf, "For me? You shouldn't have." He quietly snickers to himself. Meanwhile the shadow warriors continue their defence, pinned down in their ruins beset on all sides by enemies. The shadow master pauses momentarily as he sees a pitiful creature fumble with his bow, he quitely chuckles to himself until the creature lets loose an arrow hitting him in shoulder, it sticks in his armor, but lacks the power to get through the shadow master angrily snatches the arrow out from his shoulder thrwing it at the ground, then knocks back and arrow letting it fly hitting the creature knocking it on its back as it gives out a YIPE! However now the dark elves are finally upon the shadow warriors they quitely attempt to sneak around the back of the ruins when, all of a sudden, a bolt of sickly green lightning splits the air slamming down on the dark elf high born his companions decide that even the gods are against them this day and pick up and leave. The shadow warriors may have narrowly averted that crisis but now the undead were upon them, and just when it seemed things couldn't get worse with a burst of inhuman speed the cloaked figure rushes past all the undead and stops right infront of the shadow master. Now that the shadowy figure has finally come into veiw, it's pale skin, and large fangs reveal it as the monster that it is; a vampire! They quickly draw their weapons, and the other shadow warriors draw their weapons to come to their masters aid but they are stopped by hordes of the undead. Despite the shadow masters skill he finds himself unable to dodge and pary the hail of blows from the vampire and a strong mace to the shadow masters face sends him reeling, on of the shadow walkers are able to cut through the zombies and lunges in defence of his leader but is met with a mace to the head for his trouble, the shadow master begins to slowly rise to his knees but the vampire clubs him in the back of the head to assure that he won't be getting up. the shadow weaver, able to get some distance from the undead looks at the fight, and sees that it is indeed a losing battle he pulls a vial out from his cloak and after shouting something elven smashes it against the floor filling the room with unnatural light blinding the undead and forcing the vampire to bring up his cape to shield his eyes when the light subsides the elves have vanished, the vampire looks around but not a single trace of the elves remain, save a broken vial on the floor. The vampire looks out into the pale moon as the mindless zombies begin scouring the ruins, a hooded man comes up behind him and begins to speak. "Should we go after them Master Dooku?" "No." Dooku replies, "I got what I came for." He opens a satchel revealing four shards of wyrdstone. Just then a low groan is heard on the other side of the wall Dooku and the robed figure go to investigate and find a barely conscience elf burned o a crisp desperately trying to crawl away. The vampire slowly pursues the wounded elf before picking him up with one hand and turning him over. The elf jabs a dark elf blade into the vampires chest, the vampire looks down at the blade before pulling it out of his chest and returning the favor plunging it into the elfs shoulder. The elf cried out in pain before the vampire punched the elf across the face knocking him unconscience. He throws the unconscince elf at the necromancers feet. "Summon Gregory and Markus, tell them to take this wretch tothe slavers in the mourning." You do not wish to feed on him master?" replied the necromancer. "No. I do not like my food well-done." He laughed to himself as he disappeared into the ruins, it would be mourning soon and Count Dooku needed his rest for the night to come.

Rough injury rolls for my buddy a captured highborn and a leg injury on his sorceress. everyone else turned out to be ok cept one of the shadow walkers, who lost an eye. Anyway here was my list as i recall it before game one:
Vampire Count Tyranis Dooku 110
sword 10
mace 3
dagger 0
total 123
Necromancer Skeletor Greyskull 35
sword 10
dagger 0
total 45
Dreg Gregory "Greg The Dreg" Grimm 30
Sword 10
Mace 3
Dagger 0
Total 43
Dreg Markus Igor 30
Sword 10
Mace 3
Bow 10
Dagger 0
Total 53
Dreg Arajj Ventress 30
Sword 10
Mace 3
Bow 10
Dagger 0
Total 53
Ghouls The Devil's Rejects x2 80
Zombies Left 6 Dead x6 90
Grand Total 497
The dark elves had a sorceress, a highborn, two fellbaldes, a beastmaster, and two cold one hounds. The shadow warriors had one shadow master, a shadow weaver, and 3 shadow walkers. After this game the dark elves disband and basically made the same warband again. Well thats all for now.
AFK mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 31836 TEHZOMBIE!
EDIT: constantly changing war band rosters.

Last edited by AFKzombie on Thu 5 Nov 2009 - 7:55; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 13:21

First off, let me say it is a FINELY WRITTEN Battle Report. The proof reader in me, however, has an issue or two. You need to break it up into paragraphs; as one VERY LONG run on sentence, it is VERY difficult to read. Try to capitaiize proper names. Misspelling can be lived with...most creative writers are NOTORIOUSLY bad spellers.
It's worth the reading; just a little more work on your part will make for a pleasant experience for your readers. Keep up the GOOD WORK! mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 544694
Back to top Go down
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
Champion
Champion
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2009 - 13:32

Yeah keep them coming dude. As I don't get to play I get my Mordheim fix by reading other peoples battle reports Razz
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009 - 5:19

Thanks for the advice, I’ll be sure to keep that in mind as I write battle reps in the future. In any case the next couple of battle reps I was either not present for the whole battle or it’s just a bit fuzzy. Their was a period where only me and the dark elf player were the only two people who were showing up and so we started playing one-off games that we didn’t count towards the campaign because we were afraid we’d pull to far ahead of the other people who couldn’t make it for various reasons. So I can’t remember which of the games we counted and which we didn’t, in any event here are the next couple of battle reps to the best of my recollection.

GAME 2: Defend the Find Dark Elves v. Shadow Warriors

With the dark elf player saving his highborn from the pits and acquiring a new sorceress, the next game was under way. (Actual conversation DE player: so with my new sorceress to replace the one that died- SW player: she didn’t die; she just broke her- DE player: MY DEAD SORCERESS! SHE’S DEAD NOW!) The game was defend the find and with the shadow warriors outnumbered five to six he put a three story building in the center of the table deploying on the third and second floors. The dark elves deployed on a table edge that gave them plenty of cover. I actually left to go get some food ( mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 480167 BRAAAAAAAAAINS!) and upon my return the dark elves had only taken one casualty and were on the second floor and in combat, unfortunately the dark elves were unable to OOA any of the shadow warriors but with some of the shadow warriors on their butts and all the dark elves standing at the end of the shadow warriors turn it spelled defeat for the shadow warriors. The fellblade that went OOA fully recovered.

GAME 3: Skirmish Dark Elves v. Undead

The dark elves stood back and let the sorceress fire her repeater crossbow into the shambling horde, but with little to no effect. When the undead finally came to grips with the dark elves a swirling melee broke out, meanwhile the necromancer stood back behind the crowd failing to cast his spell of doom (he was having a hard time reading what he wrote down in his spell book; spill of boom…that can’t be right) zombies, ghouls, and dregs oh my! But the main attraction was at the middle of the table my vampire charged in to face the highborn in one on one combat. The vampire was unable to land a hit on the quick elf and the highborn’s attacks were unable to sustain any real damage on the inhuman fiend! The highborn finally managed to put a wound on the vampire, but was otherwise unable to capitalize on the success, until one of the mangy cold one beast hounds managed to put one of the ghouls to rest and planted it’s fangs deep in the vampire’s @$$. As the vampire sank to his knees he cursed, “And I would of gotten away with it too it if weren’t for you meddling elves and your mangy cold one!” Despite their loss the undead managed to pass their route check and fight on, unfortunately the dark elves felt that they have taken enough casualties and failed their route check. A bitter sweet win for the Dark Side.

The time came for the injury rolls the zombies made it, a ghoul was lost, and then the vamp! The tens side rolled a one; I was filled with dread at the thought of losing my vampire, but then a six. I rolled another one, followed by a sixty six. MWHAHAHA! mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Lol

That's it for now folks,
AFK mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 31836 TEHZOMBIE!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2009 - 8:42

mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Lol "Spill of Doom"...I LOVE IT! EXCELLENT REPORT! mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 544694
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 10:30

GAME 4: Hidden Treasure Dark Elves v Undead

The fist buidling my vamp walks into; i roll double sixes and find the treasure, but before i can make it off the table a storm of chaos rolls in and strikes the highborn with a bolt of lightning. Fortunately for the crispy dark elf, the lightning fails to wound and leaves as quickly as it came. My vamp walks off with the chest and claims victory. No casualties on either side.
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 10:38

GAME 5: Surprise Attack Dark Elves v The Dark Side (Undead)

“I don’t like this one bit.” The dark elf sorceress, Orania, thought to herself. “It’s cold, dark, and I’m doing grunt work.” She continued thinking as she continued to scour the ruins in search of wyrdstone, or anything else of value. She dared not to direct any of her complaints towards her master, she remembers better than anyone what happened to her sister for simply having a broken leg, even after she had rescued the ungrateful wretch from slavery.

Just then an eerie fog began to roll in; she looked up and could hear something faint in the distance. “Is that an organ-“her train of thought was interrupted as a poorly aimed arrow whizzed by, snapping and breaking into the stone wall behind her. Shapes began to take form in the unnatural fog, coming into sight it was none other than their hated rivals, the undead. She ran into cover calling to her allies and warning of the oncoming threat. They took cover behind a mostly intact, abandoned house, it was her, Phyron the felblade, and Hiran the beastmaster; keeping in control his two cold one hounds. “Where is Sirith?” she demanded. “I don’t know,” responded Phyron, “he took Velias into the ruins with him, haven’t seen them since.” But there was no time for discussion, the undead were approaching, and they didn’t seem concerned that not every elf was accounted for.

Orania jumped out from behind the house and unleashed her repeater crossbow into the undead, but the bolts that didn’t miss seemed to only minorly inconvenience the shambling horde. “Well, we can’t take them all alone, fallback, we’ll force the quicker of them to abandon the slower ones.” Orania ordered as she began to run away. Phyron and Hiran were quick to follow, but before they could get far they heard a familiar voice shouting insults to the incoming warband; “If it isn’t the count, return to feed the cold ones, or are you just going to run away like the last time we met!” Count Dooku responded with his bow, as he let an arrow fly through the air, his mark was true but Sirith quickly picked up his cloak using it to block the arrow. Velias was not too far behind Sirith, and with their warband all present and accounted for Orania gathered the remaining warriors and they prepared for battle.

Suddenly, swarms of rats began flooding the streets; something must have had these little critters startled, whatever it was had to be more horrifying than the undead in front of them, as they ran over and clawed all that stood in their path. An unwitting ghoul was the first victim, disappearing under the vermin tide. Count Dooku was standing just in front of him and the swarm of rats poured over him too, but Tyranis stood there undaunted as the rats poured over him and not even all their numbers was able to bring the Count down. This sight was truly something to behold, and the dark elves found this sight truly disheartening, but they were only taken aback for a moment before regaining their composure, and into the fray they leapt. Hiran unleashed his hounds as they leapt forward and began mauling a couple of ghouls. Hiran followed them closely using his whip from a distance to strike at the ravenous dead. Skeletor, continued trying to get this acursed curse to work when all of a sudden ou from benath Hiran zombies came up from the ground and began biting and clawing at the unwitting beast master. "Holy s#!#!" he thought; "IT WORKED!" But Hiran hacked, smashed, and kicked the zombies untill they crawled back into the ground and left body parts strewn across the floor. "GOD D@^^!#!" he cried as he began shouting curses into the heavens. Meanwhile, Sirith and Velias charged into the undead horde hacking and slashing at anything that stood in their path.

Orania aimed her crossbow and put two well aimed shots into Dooku’s chest; unfazed the Count ripped the two bolts from his chest and ran headlong into the sorceress. Orania fumbled with her crossbow as she quickly tried to reload it, but Count Dooku was too fast and was upon her before she could even bring her weapon up to bear. The Count slammed his axe into her weapon; splintering the crossbow into pieces. She went for her weapon but then, Phyron charged the vampire; momentarily distracting him. At first the valiant felblade was able to keep Count Dooku at bay, but the skilled vampire quickly turned the tables, putting Phyron on the defensive. The vampire came down with both his weapons, the felblade, did all he could to block the attack, but the Count was too strong and his blade scratched down his face slicing the felbaldes eye. Before Phyron could even react the Count slammed the felblade into the wall knocking him unconscious. He went in for the killing blow, but Orania used her magical powers to glide into the vampire. Orania was no novice with a blade, but the Counts skill far surpassed the sorceress, and she too found herself at the Counts mercy.

Sirith and Velias were doing well, but no matter how many of the restless dead the fell, more would take their place. Then Velias was blindsided by a ghoul, who smashed a rock over his head. Sirith was able to fend off the ghoul, but given a moment’s respite he quickly glanced over the ruins, the hounds were beaten and Hiran was doing his best to fend off the undead, but with little success, and with his sorceress, and both his felblades out of action he called for a retreat. Sirith began to think that perhaps they should start searching the ruins during the day…

Last edited by AFKzombie on Mon 26 Oct 2009 - 14:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2009 - 11:07

ANOTHER fine Tale. WELL DONE! mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 544694
It's always good to see the Bad Guys smacking each other down.
Back to top Go down
AFKzombie
Captain
Captain
AFKzombie

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 7:20

Hey guys,

I haven’t made a post in awhile, not really busy just lazy mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Sleep . Although, even whilst I’ve been away I’ve still been playing games and thinking about the campaign thus far, and I think I may have made an error over the last couple of reports concerning the Dark Side(undead, me) and Sirith and his gang (dark elves). The treasure hunt game didn’t happen in the campaign (actually it took place before the campaign even got started) so disregard that post. Instead we played some game and I think it was the game where the felblade lost an eye. I don’t remember specifics, but I know that the Dark Side did win. The post after that DID happen it either happened right where it should be or right after that; of that I’m not 100% sure. I also know that in game number five is actually the game where Sirith got struck with lightning and lived. For game six I once again played Sirith and his crew with the Dark Side, with a Dark Side victory and the death of Sirith (MAN I wish I had spell of awakening I’d have two highborn zombies mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 965515 ). Also around this time I picked up my first ghoul hero; Old Man Ghoulkins(he’s that ghoul mini that’s ripping flesh out with his teeth and the first time I saw it I thought it was a beard mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 73199 ). After that Sirith’s evil twin brother mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Affraid (so I guess just twin brother mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_scratch ) Sirith came to Mordheim to seek vengeance on the undead for his lost brother. And now for game seven….NEXT TIME ON TOM’S BORING mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Sleep MORDHEIM FORUM!
Back to top Go down
Yitu
Champion
Champion
Yitu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 9:37

Nice Reports Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ao-lai.blog.de
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 9:59

COOL! I'll keep some popcorn on hand for the more cinematic moments. mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew 544694
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew   mordheim - AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFKzombie and the DLSA mordheim crew
Page 1 of 1