Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders

Go down 
+3
Mr.chair
Figgy
Ironfoundersson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Empty
PostSubject: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 23:16

Started putting together my Reiklanders during exams, and finished them up this morning.

This is my Captain, Rudolf Rassendyllson. Fluff-wise I was thinking ex-rebel/pirate from a wealthy family (see Pier Gerlofs Donia on wikipedia) who was given the choice of seeking treasure for the Emporer in Mordheim, or execution. On a gamble, he chose almost-certain-death over certain death.
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2015
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2012

These are the Champions. The first is a former rebel turned refugee and the other a lowly Lieutenant sent with the expedition to ensure the orders of the Emperor are carried out. Of course he is entirely ineffectual in his duty.
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2016Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2018

Young 'Uns- Not sure I really like the look of them. I may throw some others together once I've unpacked. One of them, in this case the one on the far right, is an Ensign in the army, and assistant to the Lt. Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2019

Two sets of Marksmen. I like the dog on the leash, but I think the leash is too long since it won't fit on a base without bunch up and looking silly. I'll have to find a way of shortening it and keeping the appearance of a leash, and not a dog on a string. Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2020Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2021

My swordsman, Egilhard Ebergar.
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_1910Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_1911

None are based yet because I hate painting/basing with the model glued hard to the base. I'm going to paint 'em all up first and then do the bases before combining them. Any comments before I start priming and painting are greatly appreciated! I'll post some more possibilities for the band soon. Cheers!

--Ironfoundersson

Last edited by Ironfoundersson on Thu 17 Jun 2010 - 2:30; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 0:05

Love the coat on the champion! LOVE IT! And the gun he totes really makes it for me.

I, for the most part, never truly enjoy human models...But I guess when one is loaded up like yours is it changes my mood a little bit!

The only thing I suggest doing is get a new string for the dog. Maybe a small wire with a thin coating of green stuff around it modeled up to look like rope...That poofy bit wont paint up well!

To make it short, you can even use the green stuff and "wrap" the "leash" around his wrist...Like he's holding on to the dog to keep him from running off.
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 0:44

Looking good so far, and nice backstory for the warband. Quick query, though. What is the blunderbuss tip doing on the leaders belt?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 0:56

PRETTY COOL use of the GW plastic...the Young Blood on the right & the hard drinking Swordsman are my favorites. The background fluff is a definite plus. Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders 544694
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeFri 30 Apr 2010 - 10:45

Love your poses! well done!
Back to top Go down
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeMon 3 May 2010 - 16:14

@Figgy; Thanks! I figured that if I'm only making a dozen I may's well kit them out Smile The coat is from the Outriders sprue. Well worth the money if you're doing Mercs. I agree, the rope does look thick. It was all I had at the time (it's the string off an Earl Grey teabag) so I really wanted to see how it looked. I'm not brilliant with greenstuff yet, so would you say it would be better to try to twist the greenstuff to look like a rope on the wire, or sculpt it after it's cured for a little? The other option of course is to find a nice thin piece of string.

@Mr. Chair; I tried to fill it with greenstuff and make a buckler, but it turned out to be a)too small and b) too thick. So I tore it off. If I try to find a buckler I may try the shields from the Quarrelers /Thunderers sprue. Have to take the rune off tho.

@DeafNala & Capt. Bernhardt; Cheers! I just play around with arms and heads until I find a combination I like or that looks really natural.

Another possible Captain model. I like my first one, but I'm not sure if he's ideal for the fluff. IMO he looks a bit like badly stereotyped German WWII general, sans monocle...
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2023Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2025

As always, comments are welcome!

--Ironfoundersson
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 10:35

This looks promising indeed. The posing is good, and the bits combination is well executed. You should try to find a thinner rope thingy for the dog though - it looks a tad strange...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 11:00

COOL! The new Captain has definite possibilities...one of which is as fearless leader of a second War Band. It's a never ending hobby. Keep up the FINE WORK! Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders 544694
Back to top Go down
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jun 2010 - 21:53

I haven't really been working on my Mordheim models recently, so I've just managed to get this chappy out. I've also done some work on the heavy drinking Swordsmen, and the mace carrying Champion, but both have some serious detail/highlight work to do. I'll post those soon. Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2026Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2027
I need to work on my skin tones. It's too pink to my eyes. Any suggestions?

--Ironfoundersson
Back to top Go down
Arathorn
Captain
Captain
Arathorn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun 2010 - 22:11

That's one nice looking dude. The only thing is that the arrow should on the other side of the bow Wink
Back to top Go down
Ironfoundersson
Hero
Hero
Ironfoundersson

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jun 2010 - 23:12

Arathorn wrote:
The only thing is that the arrow should on the other side of the bow

Yah, when I was painting it I realised how awkward it looked from some angles. However it is the safe way to load (?) a bow. Or at least that's what they told us at summer camp all those years ago Smile I presume he would raise the bow and turn it 90 degrees so it would be aimed normally. I think all the hands and other extraneous bits would be in the right places then.

Finished up my first Champion and the Swordsman today, and managed to get some pictures before my camera died (does anyone else's cameras eat batteries like beast?).

Champion:
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2029Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2030Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2031

Whiskey drinking Swordsman:
Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2033Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Img_2034
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders   Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ironfoundersson's motley crew of Reiklanders
Page 1 of 1