Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

FEMALE MINIATURES

Go down 
+68
Hunger
renfield286
Nanod
Pervavita
folketsfiende
Mike
Montegue
Boreas_NL
HarryMason
Paboook
Captain Bernhardt
Grimscull
Mephysto
Speckie
Chemical Nova
Wyrdstone Dave
Omens
Mo!
Plague Docter
5pointer
cianty
vampirekhaine
SomeOrc
Drugart
Pirexian
drakkol
mweaver
the bearded snot
Dmig
Skavenblight
jbfasta
dwi
Paluke
Fungomungus
MonkeyShaman
Mithras
blessed knight
ChildOfKhorne
Mr_Sinister
JAFisher44
Pathfinder Dubstyles
magokiron
frog
Jadex
Figgy
BossFacePunch
elChelli
Burlok Blackaxe
Myntokk
Von Kurst
Joker2and53
Trulsa
HornedRat
Eliazar
Imbued84
No Time
toemasss
Mordheimer
DeathHead
lord siwoc
Milliardo
Gobbo Freak
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Kaptain Dedgob
Popmouth
hero
DeafNala
pascal the rascal
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 13:03

I've visited aurora-model.jp...all models inside are very nice...but...i think it's too much 20€ for one of them...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 13:21

The sleeping girl can be an objective marker... for Slaanesh warband, I think Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
the bearded snot
Warrior
Warrior
the bearded snot

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:02

And I was thinking a girl would never have a sight on such a topic Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/the_bearded_snot/image/118549049
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:44

the bearded snot wrote:

For some eye opening insight into the psyche of the female painter check out Brush Mistress' site: http://www.brushmistress.com/ . FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 544694
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 22:34

wow...now i can give my brushes to fire...or use them to make grass for basing my minis
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 22:40

drakkol wrote:
wow...now i can give my brushes to fire...or use them to make grass for basing my minis

Isn't she TERRIFIC? Don't burn or plant your brushes; take it as inspiration or a challenge AND just keep getting better...she'l never attain the heights of mediocrity I've mastered FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect . FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 23:19

Quote :
An objective marker? Although frankly, if any of my lot saw a hot babe sleeping peacefully in the middle of Mordheim, I hope they would have enough sense to leaver her the hell alone!

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Fe008-1

You can always use her as an objective marker for EiF or something if you think Mordheim is to violent to sleep in FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 23:51

DeafNala wrote:

she'l never attain the heights of mediocrity I've mastered FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect . FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Fresse

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Lol
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 0:50

the bearded snot wrote:
Oh, why not? You don't know me... Wink

Lovely minis from the site you gave the link to, Al! Beautiful girls with big tits... mmmm... big weapon skill, I thought... Although:
drakkol wrote:
No, no, no. Of course, such minis sometimes aren't a motivation for "normal" painters, but they're not for playing! This is art (kind of... I think) so it has another rules than our tabletop-but-beautiful-though-painting. You can admire a little 28mm lady but some of these minis are not good for playing. I know that for some people it doesn't make sense to buy armor in Mordheim, but fighting with naked tits may be really dangerous! So don't worry. You can paint your minis and they will be better FOR PLAYING than those.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 7:24

Skavenblight wrote:
Lovely minis from the site you gave the link to, Al! Beautiful girls with big tits... mmmm... big weapon skill, I thought... Although:
drakkol wrote:
No, no, no. Of course, such minis sometimes aren't a motivation for "normal" painters, but they're not for playing! This is art (kind of... I think) so it has another rules than our tabletop-but-beautiful-though-painting. You can admire a little 28mm lady but some of these minis are not good for playing. I know that for some people it doesn't make sense to buy armor in Mordheim, but fighting with naked tits may be really dangerous! So don't worry. You can paint your minis and they will be better FOR PLAYING than those.
Amen... I found funny how "high-Fantasy" always picture female-warriors like half naked or barely dressed woman with humongous breasts.. I mean.. first off.. I don't think they could even lift a blade the size of the ones they usually carry.. and second... be real.. they're going to battle.. who goes to battle naked?? come on... thats only william wallace... or chuck norris!.... lol!
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 9:41

I have a theory:

Since players are usually men...or boys...a couple of BUB (Big Uncovered Breasts) helps to sell out minis...
In fact in Italy we say:
"tira più un pelo di figa che un carro di buoi"
translated literally with
"one only vagina's hair pulls much more than a wagon of oxes"
but we can see nudity in those minis like a strategy used by "fermale minis" to fight easily... something like
"if you're too busy looking directly into my two big eyes you won't dodge my sword/axe/whatever" FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 153416
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 12:25

Chainmail bikini syndrome and over-sized weapons (male or female miniatures) = a no sale for me, no matter how elegant the sculpt.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 13:14

mweaver wrote:
Chainmail bikini syndrome and over-sized weapons (male or female miniatures) = a no sale for me, no matter how elegant the sculpt.

Having had a little shop for a brief period where I sold my painted minis among other things, it wasn't the Guys who bought the Ubersexy Babes...it was the Girls who snatched them up. I'm sure there must be a reason for this, but, like many other things, it totally escapes moi. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 14:58

DeafNala wrote:

... it wasn't the Guys who bought the Ubersexy Babes...it was the Girls who snatched them up. I'm sure there must be a reason for this, but, like many other things, it totally escapes moi. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect ...

really? maybe they were just thinking to do a gift for they boyfriends...
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 15:01

drakkol wrote:

"one only vagina's hair pulls much more than a
wagon of oxes"
I really have to translate that to Spanish and use it in a regular
basis! LOL! haha! awesome.

DeafNala wrote:
mweaver wrote:

Having had a little shop for a brief period where I sold my painted minis among other things, it wasn't the Guys who bought the Ubersexy Babes...it was the Girls who snatched them up. I'm sure there must be a reason for this, but, like many other things, it totally escapes moi. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect
Well.. maybe they want to be/look just like the minis.. with big breasts, be über skinny and wield HUGE swords FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_wink
But I'm getting off topic here, sorry xD!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 17:01

Not all the mini Ladies are scantily clad nymphs, this Holy Babe from Reaper's Pathfinder range is an example:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 60019_w_1

60019: Seelah, Iconic Female Paladin ($5.99)
Todd Harris

The weapon is somewhat on the inflatible side, but that could be an easy problem to remedy. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Fresse

AND I'll admit to a fondness for short Babes:

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 60020_w_1

60020: Lini, Iconic Gnome Druid and Droogami, Snow Leopard
($5.99)
Derek Schubert

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Herz
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2010 - 18:14

The art style in D&D 4th Ed. and Pathfinder both emphasize goofy over-sized weapons - the combined influence of the "Chaos/Bad Guys should have big weird weapons" school of thought (Ral Partha and GW) and Japanese animation. The Paladin DefNala links to is a nice figure overall, but does suffer from a goofy sword (albeit relatively low on the silly scale). She's one of those figures that would fall into the "eh - maybe" category for us.

In terms of women and men buying "sexy" figures, for "adventuring" sorts - fighters, rogues, etc. for RPGs, my wife and I both buy female figures, but both avoid chainmail bikinis, weird knock-kneed poses that for some reason some sculptors think is sexy, etc. However in the case of nekkid babes and general civilian tartlets, my wife is indeed more likely to buy them than I am (the woman in the bed is a case in point). In her I think the main reason is that her favorite D&D character - she's been running him off and on for 12 years - cannot seem to get laid. So spreading lots of hot chicks around will, theoretically, increase his chances.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010 - 13:18

McVey's Isabella : Lara Croft meets Victorian Age Steampunk princess ?

Never heard of Aurora models ; they seem quite nice. Specifically like the sleeping beauty ! A nice exception to all warrior/wizardly like females. I was also glad that these models didn't have the big round mangalike eyes.

thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2010 - 13:42

Pirexian wrote:

Amen... I found funny how "high-Fantasy" always picture female-warriors like half naked or barely dressed woman with humongous breasts.. I mean.. first off.. I don't think they could even lift a blade the size of the ones they usually carry.. and second... be real.. they're going to battle.. who goes to battle naked?? come on... thats only william wallace... or chuck norris!.... lol!

The ancients were big on fighting naked. Celts, Germans, Greeks. Norse berserkers. Many aboriginal peoples fought naked. The idea is to intimidate your opponent with your virility and to show how favored of the gods you are.

The Greeks also give us the artistic tradition that such miniatures follow. Civilization and/or advances in armor start to mean the naked guy is killed, so the tradition dies out.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Apr 2010 - 22:03

Jelisious1 (massive darkness)

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Jelisi10
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 11:35

drakkol wrote:
I have a theory:

Since players are usually men...or boys...a couple of BUB (Big Uncovered Breasts) helps to sell out minis...
In fact in Italy we say:
"tira più un pelo di figa che un carro di buoi"
translated literally with
"one only vagina's hair pulls much more than a wagon of oxes"
but we can see nudity in those minis like a strategy used by "fermale minis" to fight easily... something like
"if you're too busy looking directly into my two big eyes you won't dodge my sword/axe/whatever" FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 153416

Holy Shit! That is the funniest thing I've ever read!
Definitely a keeper.
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Apr 2010 - 16:59

We have been seriously neglecting Hasslefree miniatures - only one posted in 18 pages. Here are a few more:

Liberty

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Web%20liberty

One of several Tiriel variants:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Hfh024

Akanke:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Haremguard

Miranda:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Hfh030%20miranda

Gen:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Gen

Titania, Queen of the Fairies (and you are in sooooo much trouble for peeking!)
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 X012psd

Vissaria:
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Vissarisa%20painted

Anghela, a dwarf
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Anghela

Another dwarf, Haela
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Hfd013%20haela

A new dwarf release, Svala(b)
FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Hfd019

There are more - check them out if you aren't familiar with them (they do lots of nice SciFi figures as well).

http://www.hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk/index.php
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 20:54

what do you think of this one?

FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Dscf0568k.thFEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Dscf0917gkjk.thFEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Dscf0918fi.th

it's only a wip... 10 cm high...a sort of strange "incarnation of death"...i was studying the subject to make a mini in mordheim size...but i could use this "big" one as a statue...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 21:23

That is VERY COOL in a a SPOOKY sort of way...most of the females in my life have fit in the SPOOKY category. FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Suspect FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 544694
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 22:23

Looks great, Drakkol. I envy your GS skills. Can't wait to see it painted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FEMALE MINIATURES    FEMALE MINIATURES  - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FEMALE MINIATURES
Page 18 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 29  Next