Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Space Hulk will be re-released!!!

Go down 
+2
WarbossKurgan
Mordheimer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Empty
PostSubject: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 17:07

Space Hulk will be re-released!!! M330276a_P1Mb1

For those who do not know, Space Hulk is an OLD board game made by GW, first released in 1989. It is about Space Marines in Terminator Armor exploring derelict ships (Space Hulks) that are infested with 'aliens'... which eventually became Tyranid Genestealers. The board is composed by 'tiles', which player put in randomly as the 'explore' the Space Hulk; this makes for a 100% re-playable game. Very simplistic, yet intricate.

I was mentioning to DaBank yesterday... it is funny that they are re-releasing Space Hulk on Death Squads 1st Anniversary! As you know, all this started when DaBank and I got together to TRY and play some Space Hulk and started changing the rules. Laughing Interestingly enough, one of the incoming sections on Death Squads is the 'Fighting in Close Quarters' module, which basically allows players to use tiles to simulate corridors or underground caves, using Warhammer Quest and Space Hulk concepts.

I will pre-order (and pay) my copy at my local store, 2D10 Games, today... and so will DaBank. I hope I do not get stuck playing Space Hulk instead of working on Death Squads' stuff! The models are superb (I'm also a Tyranid player) so I will be exited to work on them after we finish working on TLRB and Mike-loposis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 17:10

Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 17:25

Ohhh.... it was on the 'wrong' place.... hehehehe... I don't frequent the trading pit. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 19:51

Yeah, no idea why it was in there!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 20:24

WarbossKurgan wrote:

Because Dabank didn't know he could order from the GW Website so was asking someone to buy him a copy instore and send it to him.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 20:47

catferret wrote:
WarbossKurgan wrote:

Because Dabank didn't know he could order from the GW Website so was asking someone to buy him a copy instore and send it to him.

AND everyone else was swept along on a wave of ENTHUSIASM & BITTER RECRIMINATIONS. New releases from GW can be SUCH FUN! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2009 - 21:22

Yea, the initial word on the street was that you could only purchase from a GW store and since there is not a GW within a 10 hour radius I was inquiring with fellow forumites who might be in a tigher proximity radius to a GW than I who could or would purchase said release for me providing I pay them accordingly. Sleep
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 12:28

I got to look at an open copy of Space Hulk today. Man, those models are sweet! The broodlord is massive! I think I may have to shell out the £60 after all...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 18:17

@Cat...what you peaked at one??? Dude, that is sooo wrong but very happy for you.

Our local Rogue Trader store is supposed to tell us today if they can order them, if not then I will be ordering from GW by Friday.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:24

Da Bank wrote:
@Cat...what you peaked at one??? Dude, that is sooo wrong but very happy for you.

Pretty sure all the GWs have an open copy for enticing customers. You aren't allowed to play it but you can flick through the rulebook and handle the figures.
Back to top Go down
Jänis
Captain
Captain
Jänis

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:34

GW are adding an additional painted Terminator and Genestealer to the product page every day this week so make sure you go and have a look. http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1690000&prodId=prod210009a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Space Hulk will be re-released!!!   Space Hulk will be re-released!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Hulk will be re-released!!!
Page 1 of 1