Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg

Go down 
+34
BigD
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
floedebolle
Alex
Dreng Tromm
folketsfiende
mweaver
Mithras
meerkat
ebon_tower
Mo!
Da Bank
Gobbo Freak
Paul
hero
Lanyssa Ryssyll
abhorsen950
JAFisher44
Myntokk
Tagnator
matt
Eliazar
Pfreck
werekin
cianty
No Time
Pathfinder Dubstyles
FKSN
lord siwoc
catferret
Chad
DeafNala
Ezekiel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 12:41

The Kung fu Guys really kick ass, fantastic posing, look forward to see those two immigrants painted!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 15:26

If they bitch around cuz of WIP scenery, let them play with those wonderfully balanced giant mushrooms, perhaps they'll then shut up next time Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2012 - 9:01

hahah, stop your hating right there Eli! - I've fixed that problem! Smile added some big heavy bolts to the bottoms, so they don't really fall over all that much anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 14:44

Well, I made most of the models I need, just finishing up some touches and smoothing over some of the rougher bits...

Then we played some games yesterday, and half my warband got permanently killed... Sad
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0810
that's all of the models as they stand now. the 4 on the left (ogre, guy with the spear, the crossbow and the one waving) all got killed in one game of surprise attack even before I got to spraypaint them!

guess it's a lot less work now to set up some colours, but still not a good way to go for the warband! :s

Last edited by Ezekiel on Mon 31 Mar 2014 - 13:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 20:11

This is the fate of not painted warbands.

They die so fast without color.

By the way, did you built your fantastic wagon for the merchant warband yourself?

It is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Aug 2012 - 22:41

Sorry to hear about the fatalities The new Lads appear to have a LOT of potential. GOOD WORK! thumbsup
Of course, as unfinished pieces, they are not supposed to be in this section. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 4:49

Wow! I know someone who rolls recovery results like that! Shocked

Who attacked you?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 11:34

Sorry about that Alan, (they're sneaky little gits these thieves... can't help it) - though I believe it was you who moved my wip thread of the merchants to this section when they were done.. I do much prefer to keep al my models in one thread though, sorry.

I got battered by the undead from BtB - my cousin plays them and he was a serious underdog as well, but while I took out more of his models, my casualty rate is far higher... and the cost of the models as well (15 gc zombies are easily replaced... 74 gc thieves and ogres, not so much..

I'll work to paint them up fast and give them their rightfull place in this section, and maybe prolong their lives a bit.
And yes, I did scratchbuild that cart. quite easy really, only the wheels were a bit tricky (and magnetising the coffers was a bit more work then expected) but thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 28 Aug 2012 - 13:27

No problem, Ezekiel; you're one of my favorite Forum Fellows...I'm sorry I mentioned it. Like quidamcorvus & a few other Guys who post W.I.P stuff here, while the minis you post here may be W.I.P., I know they will be finished pieces in short order...or else. Suspect clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun 2 Sep 2012 - 0:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigD
Veteran
Veteran
BigD

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2012 - 23:30

Very nice and characterful conversions, Ezekiel.
I hope to see some paint on the models, even though some are already killed.

BigD
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2012 - 10:08

Well, first paint has actually been applied.
Or rather, the basecoat, and basing, on most of the models. Just not the ones still living... greenstuff still needs to be added on some of them. I did however manage to base all of my Wip models for random encounters and other loose projects - roughly 40 models, most of which are still just in a black undercoat. sigh, I need to stop making projects.
Back to top Go down
BigD
Veteran
Veteran
BigD

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Sep 2012 - 0:10

Ezekiel wrote:
Well, first paint has actually been applied.
Or rather, the basecoat, and basing, on most of the models. Just not the ones still living... greenstuff still needs to be added on some of them. I did however manage to base all of my Wip models for random encounters and other loose projects - roughly 40 models, most of which are still just in a black undercoat. sigh, I need to stop making projects.

Yeah, I read your whole thread and I saw the painted models, I meant I'd love to see some paint on the models of your more recent pictures.

It seems to me that nicely painted models seem to die easier.... sigh. The dice gods probably have a finely honed sense of irony.

BigD
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 13:06

Long time!

I had the place to myself last weekend, and I decided I needed to finish up a few models to make all my warbands complete, and then have them parade before the camera - which was of course long overdue after the fierce warnings received from our ever watchful (and vengeful I'm led to believe) Alan.

So, even though the camera might not have done all models equal justice, I hope it still pleases those who are easily pleased, and hopefully gets the evil admins off my back for a while Wink

A little groupshot of most of my models in the city
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0610

The painted up Thieves guild led by Nicu Veles
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0611

The vastly expanded trade emporium of Christian the merchant and his caravan
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0612

my first ever warband (Witch hunters) has recently found a new player, who's hopefully coming over more often for some games.
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0613

My brother had his interest in the game peeked again, so I quickly set him up with a Dwarf treasure hunters warband (partially painted by him when he still played WHFB dwarfs) he just needs to come up with some names for them.
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0615

And some random reinforcements for all my human warbands (I currently run 2 mercenary warbands, a merchant caravan, and the witchhunters, so I need quite a bunch of them to keep models seperated. - also there is the plan to one day make it to a small empire WHFB army, so I do need quite a bunch more!
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0616

And a bunch of random little shots from the parade (the warbands are used in completely different combinations in these campaigns. in these shots they are with the right warbands)
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0617

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0618

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0619

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0620

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0621

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0622

And though it's technically a bit of scenery, it would also be the Halfling thief Hired Sword Wink
And a bit of scenery I saw down the forum, and just had to make my own version of it, a billboard -or what it might be called. (more posters need to be printed and plastered all over)
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Imag0623

Cheers,
Mathieu.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 13:50

This really is a visual treat.Your BEAUTIFULLY painted War Bands look WONDERFUL in their FANTASTIC setting. It will take many enjoyable visits to take in all the SPLENDID little details. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 31 Mar 2014 - 17:11

Great great town! I'd like to get some closeups of the warbands because I suspect there are some nice conversions in there!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Apr 2014 - 0:38

Wonderful stuff! I've spent some minutes looking at those wonderful captions of your town and will certainly come back and check them out again. Love how your warbands bring the town to life!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Apr 2014 - 20:13

Thanks guys!

Closeups will have to be done at some time. though this camera isn't really working for me... hope to be able to shoot some proper shots soonish.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Apr 2014 - 3:40

JaoaS wrote:
Wonderful stuff! I've spent some minutes looking at those wonderful captions of your town and will certainly come back and check them out again. Love how your warbands bring the town to life!

Joao
+1 Great update!
Back to top Go down
stjimmeh
Youngblood
Youngblood
stjimmeh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Apr 2014 - 10:57

I love the halfling thief. Great work
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 21:01

Cheers guys,

quick update, after the Golden Tom has passed, I figured I should post a picture of my entry.

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Dsc_1310

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Dsc_1311

it's the roadwarden as seen in the hired swords section Smile reasonably accurate copy of the illustration. I'm quite happy with it, and it will fit nicely into my growing collection of hired swords.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 21:09

You captured the Road Warden's look & character SPLENDIDLY. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:57

Ahh, the roadwarden, great conversion!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2015 - 17:47

Looks really great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2015 - 13:17

Great conversion thumbsup thumbsup
I love seeing all of the entries. I don't envy the judges at all.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jan 2015 - 12:12

thanks guys! And like you said VK, great entries pop up all over the forum, it must have been hard for the judges!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next