Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg

Go down 
+34
BigD
Von Kurst
SerialMoM
floedebolle
Alex
Dreng Tromm
folketsfiende
mweaver
Mithras
meerkat
ebon_tower
Mo!
Da Bank
Gobbo Freak
Paul
hero
Lanyssa Ryssyll
abhorsen950
JAFisher44
Myntokk
Tagnator
matt
Eliazar
Pfreck
werekin
cianty
No Time
Pathfinder Dubstyles
FKSN
lord siwoc
catferret
Chad
DeafNala
Ezekiel
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 20:25

After playing a rather bad game today (well great game, but poor results) with Matt I realised I haven't even put up some finished pictures of the warband!

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Ezekiels%20Averland%20Merchants%202

The cart was finished, and now it got destroyed :S my merchants got killed off, so I'm making due with a meager apprentice (the 4th incarnation) and other than that, most henchmen died, and some heroes got replaced...

Luckily, I'm still kicking it with the band, though the chaos warband Matt's playing is just tooo damn strong

exibit A:
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 IMG_9255

he did this with just one of his 3 attacks (all WS 6 S 7 minimum - but also carrying a lance...)

wrecked/totalled, and killed 1 horse, and a hero... shame!!

working on more models though, so I can field some kickass guys... if only my heroes stopped going ooa.. I might have some income to pay for them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 21:15

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 21:56

I LOVE the group shots...too bad about your Demonically Possessed Dice from HELL! Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Fresse
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 22:12

DeafNala wrote:
... your Demonically Possessed Dice from HELL! Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Fresse

He he..
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Feb 2010 - 23:57

I'll give you the Award of Dedication for sticking with a warband that apparently gets slaughtered every time Very Happy

However, I strongly suggest that you cart drivers learn how to actually drive Very Happy
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010 - 0:28

I don't see a lance, just some scrappy looking Hung scumbag astride a flea-bitten shire horse. Oh and a plastic hog! Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_razz

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2010 - 9:22

hehe well that's matt for you, magnetized half his warbad, just not this guy... nor will you find his horses barding, his catayan platemail, his shield, or the fact that he's a hulking brutal conjoined twin... though it's the only painted dude in there!

and Eli, yeah, thanks for the advice... but my driver already had the skilled driver upgrade, and rather good initiative... but that still only leaves re-rolls on the out of control table... no matter what you roll, you're screwed anyway...

And Alan, yes it seems I'm stuck with dice from hell... any attacks will fail, (6 attacks need 2's to hit, and I still only manage to roll 2 hits...) but when it comes to LD tests, OoC tests, I tests... straight 6s!.. X(

but, my band is painted, and they're gaining more everyday, so I can retire them eventually and start a mercenary band! haha

(I'm soon to drop out of our campaign anyway due to travelplans I have, so I figure I should stick around...)
Back to top Go down
meerkat
Veteran
Veteran
meerkat

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb 2010 - 15:57

That's an excellent warband. I especially like the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010 - 0:05

The groupshot of the whole warband with the wagon looks fantastic! Very nice warband you have there.
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar 2010 - 12:54

I hadn't seen this report yet, but it was quite a good game, yes Razz
the reason my warband is not fully WYSIWYG is that I change my equipment very often, and that I have the feeling some other campaign members don't want to continue this campaign..

Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Mar 2010 - 16:59

matt wrote:
... I have the feeling some other campaign members don't want to continue this campaign..

Heresy!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar 2010 - 13:38

I will continue! even if it kills me! (wait, that happened multiple times already... :S) sadly I am gone for 3 months, so no gaming for me, but we will continue!!!

but yes, sadly, the campaign is stagnating a bit..

as for that wysiwyg comment... don't gimme that matt! you've got 5 models running riot on the same horses and with the same cloaks for some time now, if all it takes is a new sword/club... in just a day one paints 2 new arms for your whole band easily!

I know, mine all have at least 3 arms and weapons at their disposal (plus, you can exchange between models... -> you want my sword? here take my arm along with it! ;P)
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar 2010 - 6:01

That really is an awesome warband, Ezekiel - thanks so much for sharing. I love all of the little details, but in particular the checked pants on the boss.
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 12:52

Well Ezekiel, none of my models look a like, if you're to lazy to remember what's what, that's not my problem :p in addition, only one model in my warband WASn't WYSIWYG, which is also fixed now.

And what he didn't tell you either, was that the campaign is finished now, and I am the winner Very Happy!

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 20:27

Allright, I could just start up a new thread, but I like having it all in one place. Smile

I got my greedy little hands on the Low Kings warband list for the Mutiny in Marienburg settings recently, and I just couldn't help but start a new warband. I love the narrative to these guys, and the options they provide for conversions.
Some of you may have seen my scenery thread, in which I am currently working on building a Marienburg style city, meaning more canals, bridges, and tall city houses (kind of like my dear Amsterdam) Smile

We just started a little campaign down here, and it proves a great oppurtunity for some modelling.

So meet the friendly inhabitants of the city who've come out to greet you.
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Imag0710

Sadly, they also came out to club you on the head. Smile
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Imag0711

Luckily for you there are also some polite souls, who will take off their hat for you. - So they can take out that thrown dagger to aim at your eyes!
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Imag0712

And that guy running there? Good chance he just stole some of your valuables and is making off with them at rapid pace.
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Imag0713

These dodgy immigrants don't even try to hide their hostility, but can you follow their funky fightingstyles?
Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Imag0714

Obviously these guys are just in the first phase of modelling, but there's work to be done as well!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2012 - 23:49

Sweet! And good to see yet another MiM warband showing up Very Happy I really need to put the last touches on my River Strigany Wink
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 8:13

Excellent posing! Each model seems to come with its own story. Looking forward to more pics!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jun 2012 - 22:01

Thanks guys, And Eli, yes you should! Wink

Today was meant to be for modelling and some film editing, but, unfortunately one of my freelance employers dropped a pitch on me this morning, with the light comment of "DUE ON MONDAY MORNING, and oh yeah, big account so don't f**k this up"... guess that concludes my weekend.. Sad

But, just to take my mind off this gig, went to wayland and bought dead livestock to get that dead horse for my merchants caravan (Alan showed me this somewhere in this thread I believe) and some more casualties which I hope fit well with the Marienburg theme.

anyway, that's all I can update on this weekend, you guys enjoy yours! :s
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Jul 2012 - 21:08

Allright, so Pfreck came by yesterday, and we did some converting, modelling, magnatising and greenstuffing.
so now I have all my heroes complete, and need only some new torso's to make my bruisers.

and also, to wait for more magnets which we ordered. so while I do that, I decided to continue on my castle, which is taking shape now, all the roofing has been done, and I'm currently greenstuffing all the walls, and some more decorum. and trying to figure out the best way to make little dormers. and loads of them, seeing as the roof is high, really high! haha
Back to top Go down
Dreng Tromm
Elder
Elder
Dreng Tromm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Jul 2012 - 3:03

I love the "Kung fu" pose! Very dynamic.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2012 - 13:25

Bummer, I ordered some more casualties and dead livestock from wayland, turns out the casualties aren't in stock anymore, and the livestock is rather small... one cow is good, but especially the horse is rather small like a baby horse (what's that called? - foel?) so it sadly won't do for a carthorse casualty.... but hey... it will still be a nice addition to the scenery Smile
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jul 2012 - 19:46

That is some really great looking thieves!! Great start and fantastic use of the basic sprues!

Looking at your older posts I can tell that the thieving scum is gonna look great painted!

I'm waiting for MiM and these small teasers are a great way to build up the excitment
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2012 - 10:20

Allright, I've finished sizing up the warband, and decided on my theme. they're gonna be kislevite thieves (fits in nicely with my merchant caravan theme as well, and I still like the kislevite idea. The main reason however was that I wanted them to look a bit like gipsies, being thieves, I figured that would work fine with all the predjudice about gipsies. Plus I really like the look and feel of eastern european clothes, so that's what i's gonna be, combined with some kislevite robes and fur cloaks so they can hide their smuggled wares, and other contraband. just outfit them with a little boat and cart, and they're perfect for many a game! Smile

no pics as of now, but i'll see to that after the greenstuffing.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 9:20

Good to hear you're making some progress. I really should get myself to put the final touches on the River Strigany (now that's gypsies for you Wink)
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2012 - 10:36

Yes you should! and post your progress! Wink I've just put some greenstuff on the thieves, and a bunch of them are now sporting fur lined jackets, but still, three are a lot of gaps to fill up, and loads of details to put on before I can finally start painting them up... - the group started bitching about all the wip I field and use for scenery... so I should really step it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg   Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thieves stealing a thread from the Merchant in Marienburg
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next