Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Foot paints his warbands!

Go down 
+38
Friedrich Hetzenauer
Codsticker
Tha Tall One
Tintin
katzenjammer
Eliazar
Svenn
Ordo Septenarius
Skoodge
HornedRat
floedebolle
shotguncoffee
Ashton
Nechrarh
Bratzor
dwi
ObsidianLord
Aldhick
Belzebub
No Time
jbfasta
Skavenblight
Drugart
Pfreck
Asp
Arathorn
Paluke
Mordheimer
JimmyD
justizius
Admin Tom
Mr.chair
FKSN
Da Bank
cianty
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 20 Sep 2018 - 16:53

That's some damn fine work! & an ultra-Mordheimy start to a cultist warband (ragged clothes, check; candle stubs, check; hollow-eyed face locked in a howl of endless despair, check!). Looking forward to seeing others in this warband -- & I'd certainly be interested in seeing WIP posts.

Also... Yeah, what models did you use for Sisters? As Grimscull said, the poses seem wrong for classic Sisters of Battle, which must surely be too difficult to repose... I thought about the exactly two new SoBs GW have released in the last decade, but they don't seem right either. It's a puzzler!
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018 - 0:10

@Deaf
haha, i think i'd be the same with strong vibrant colours like yours Wink

@Grim & Rhydderch
Much thanks guys! ^^
The sisters were a mix of Inquisitor Greyfax and heads from the Living Saint minis. I'm not crazy enough to cut up those old metals Laughing

Cawdor could be used for alot of thing in mordheim tbh, its a really great kit. Nordic over on instagram is working on some witch hunters atm made from them, which are turning out fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018 - 7:40

Still crazy enough to cut up that expensive Greyfax - twice Laughing Thanks for the link, there is some interesting browsing behind that one!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Oct 2018 - 21:09

OH BABY!

Love the work you have done with the latest figures. Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Beer

Obviously I have not been paying attention
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct 2018 - 22:17

Fantastic warband, really lovely stuff!
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 11:42

Cheers folks! Very Happy

So sort of been working on random bits here and there including the continuation of the possessed warband, a start of an Undead warband and some nobles for Necromunda. The Mordheim related stuff i'll end up posting and resurrecting my old WIP thread from awhile back, so if you want to see some of that go check it out  Smile . But this is the painting thread and I do have something finished to show!

Mutant number one
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 0Em1ge3Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 JiAycUcFoot paints his warbands! - Page 6 9zjInSzFoot paints his warbands! - Page 6 0yo4Cd9

Was playing around alot with skin tones on this guy, was pretty happy with the results over all.

C&C always welcome as normal!
-Foot
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Feb 2019 - 13:37

OUTSTANDING...I think I said that before! That is a WONDERFULLY disturbing creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 11:02

Just glancing at it, there seems to be very little contrast or definition on the model... But then, looking closer, there's an overall horrible drabness that ties the whole thing together like a shadow. & all the different textures are well rendered, & distinct within that murky style.

Especially nice work on the swellings & deformities. Just those spots of bruised colour in the darkness...
Back to top Go down
Tha Tall One
Knight
Knight
Tha Tall One

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2019 - 15:44

Amazing paintjob! I really like the subdued colours, while the miniatures are spectacular in and of themselves as well!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2019 - 19:40

That's one badass paintjob. Nice to see you are at it again!
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Mar 2019 - 20:37

@Deaf, Grim
Much thanks guys! Very Happy

@Tall One, Rhydderch
Thank you! I'm much more of a person that likes muted and subtle colors or more "realistic" tones in a way? Edge highlighting and painting like that, while it looks nice if done well just not my style or dosent fit the story I want to tell if that makes sense? haha
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Mar 2019 - 13:07

It's absolutely a matter of taste as to how you like to paint. As much as anything else, I think I just wouldn't dare trying to paint anything so muted -- without strong contrast, I find my models can look very flat. Yours are far, far from flat. As I said, they're richly textured with the subtly beautiful paintwork. & they sort of put me in mind of a black & white horror picture -- something with Boris Karloff, or Tod Browning's Freaks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foot paints his warbands!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6