Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Foot paints his warbands!

Go down 
+38
Friedrich Hetzenauer
Codsticker
Tha Tall One
Tintin
katzenjammer
Eliazar
Svenn
Ordo Septenarius
Skoodge
HornedRat
floedebolle
shotguncoffee
Ashton
Nechrarh
Bratzor
dwi
ObsidianLord
Aldhick
Belzebub
No Time
jbfasta
Skavenblight
Drugart
Pfreck
Asp
Arathorn
Paluke
Mordheimer
JimmyD
justizius
Admin Tom
Mr.chair
FKSN
Da Bank
cianty
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 14:09

Much as it pains me to be critical, they are grimed up to the point of not looking like completed pieces, just poorly primed ones...of course it could just be the photos. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 14:26

Ow Razz

I can see what you mean tho, I think I went abit over bored with the Pigments. Was trying to give them a very dirty/just risen from the grave look. Just doing some experimenting mostly Smile

-Foot
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 14:43

I hope I wasn't too harsh. You've set the bar SO very high with your previous posts that it doesn't take much to seen like falling short. I've had more than a few experiments that have gone awry...beyond marriage that is. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 14:52

Not too harsh at all good sir! We need a bit of criticism now and then to get the ball rolling again, I have been quite lazy the last wee while which shows in the models.
Tbh tho, I did like how the paint jobs looked before I added the pigments,think I've added just abit too much of them lol Embarassed

-Foot
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 15:04

I have to second DeafNala. While I really love all the dirt and grime, and don't even think it's too much, the rest of the models need a little more contrast or some small highlights in my opinion, so they don't just end up looking like a brown and green thing Smile
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 20:28

WOW, again, excellent paint job as before, but this time you did an exceptionell good job with those earthy pigmints for the dryed mud on your zombies. Since i did Hr. Totmacher, i too love to use tamiya red for old crusted blood, and pigments for rust and dirt, looks so much better than just to use paints. Of course i have to thank you for introducing me into dust, rust and bloody gore with your magnificient modells, thanks a lot!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
katzenjammer
Youngblood
Youngblood
katzenjammer

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 21:41

well, I love them! to me they look good like that, i wish i could paint mine like that, but i cant even get the skin right on my undeads.

i wonder how your grime would look on a more brightly colored model, say a marienburger. i think red/blue/yellow would make the effect look a bit more "planned" then.

how did you get the effect by the way? are they mixed with browns or washed or is it one of those new fancy forgeworld paints or what?
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 22:31

my guess would be MIG pigments? They're a ton of fun to use. I can see how it would be easy to go nuts with them Smile
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jul 2011 - 13:18

I cant understand how I can have missed this thread earlier? The miniatures are really great. I love every single one of them. However, the ghoul with a baby is a bit too much for my stomach, even though this is how evil in the Old World should be depicted and how I perceive it, it still is very disturbing. Can also be that I have a small baby girl at home and are overly protective at the moment hehe.
The puppet master is, to say the least super nice, I totally love the whole concept. There was a Live Role Playing event in Sweden 1994 where a bunch of friends of mine had a gang of chaos infested landsknechte, complete with a puppetmaster. They even had a banner made like a giant puppeteer thing and a life size puppet hanging from it... when the puppet master showed him self, he was dressed just like the puppet in the banner, and of course they took down the puppet from the banner and hid it. Very cool looking Smile
Back to top Go down
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2011 - 0:34

i think they are fantastic
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jul 2011 - 11:22

Lovely work on the zombies, Foot! Though I gotta agree with the others that the pigments are a bit overused, some more highlights and adding some contrast would solve this easily. It does make sense though, as I think the bodies have been laying under the ground for quite some time.. I can't imagine a Necromancer that would clean them up after reanimating them! Wink

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
shotguncoffee
Warlord
Warlord
shotguncoffee

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 30 Jul 2011 - 5:57

moermoremoremoremomroemroermoeorm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 1 Sep 2018 - 23:52

Doing abit of threadcromancy here Wink

Been working on a new warband on and off for about a year now and i've finally gotten around to completing it! So I thought i would share it with me old favourite place...not really worrying about starting gear too much and gold crown costs, just having some fun and making some miniatures for a Middenheim-ish mercenary warband which i've been calling the Iron Crows. Slightly large pictures, been mostly posting on Instagram so it kinda works over there. Haven't posted on forums in a long time so the sizing seems abit big? idk.. Embarassed

Start off with the full warband.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 SZV7iMG

Heroes togeather.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 2jUZjWQ

Captain Yakov "The Man of Iron".
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 YDhIr6FFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 68WqT5f

Youngblood 1, Squire of Yakov and bannerman of the Iron Crows Adrik.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 VZCrtpgFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 EDhUlou

Youngblood 2, Rangvald and his trusty blunderbuss.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Fo1OBdJFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 M92Gz3fFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 WZ3dy7S

Champion 1, Sister Katja.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 HiEqQDSFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 SyQ41Ea

Champion 2, Sister Mischka.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 ZbusFGNFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Nl72eAT

Henchmen togeather.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 66PHGRD

Swordsmen.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 PcS3rtuFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 UGe1WcsFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 MLXz3WG

Marksmen.
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 SFlaSLpFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Cvku2L1
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 3mUx53CFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 L8nruiY

Thank you for looking and i hope you like them! Had been thinking about adding acouple of hireswords to these guys, might see what happens there. Been also playing around with a new possessed warband too, so you might seem them here now and then.

C&C always welcome \o/

-Foot
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 2 Sep 2018 - 14:10

WELCOME HOME, Foot! It has been awhile.
The new Group of Rogues are as BEAUTIFULLY painted & based as all your creations. They have the gritty feel that is generally associated with Mordheim. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2018 - 11:42

It has been awhile! Been kinda out of the hobby for awhile and getting back into it the last year or so.
Thank you for the kind words! Always love your comments, so full of encouragement Very Happy

-Foot
Back to top Go down
Tha Tall One
Knight
Knight
Tha Tall One

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2018 - 13:26

An absolutely stunning warband! I love the metal, and the muted colours work really well. The poses are interesting, and the bases are great. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2018 - 17:10

I agree with both DN and TTO; you've really captured the feel of Mordheim in that warband with dark colours and the bases. Very well done.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Sep 2018 - 20:20

Well, those look good enough that I'm going to have to make time to look over the previous 4 pages and see what I've been missing.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Sep 2018 - 11:17

Agreed, this is a grand looking warband. Beautifully grim, grimy paintwork; good story-building with the youngblood as squire/bannerman, & with the 'Sisters'; & I particularly like the choice of bodies to kitbash henchmen with more dynamism & character; especially contrasted with the bold, upright heroes.

Great stuff all round!
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Sep 2018 - 21:37

@The Tall One + Codsticker
Thanks guys, glad you like them! ^^

@Friedrich
Hope you liked what you saw!

@Rhydderch
Thanks man. I feel story telling is a very important part of making a warband,gives it abit more character Smile

More to come soonish, hopefully!

-Foot
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018 - 2:33

Another update!

Been playing around with ideas for a Cult of Possessed warband recently, always been one of my favourites and my old one needs a bit of an update.
After seeing the Cawdor plastics for Necromunda i thought they would suit the ideas i had abit too perfectly...So heres the first member of the Church of the Unseeing Eye.

Magister Rhymor
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Fy5J39eFoot paints his warbands! - Page 5 J47ObH7
Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Nm7LbR7Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 HOLtU5w

Sadly it was a little tricky to take pictures of this guy, looks abit washed out  Sad
This might be another on warband that takes awhile (I get distracted easily by other projects scratch ), though i have started acouple other members so I may start posting in my WIP thread again if people wanted to see that stuff?

C&C always welcome!

-Foot
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018 - 13:47

That is a VERY cool mini, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. I tend to be a bright color type, SO we balance out. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 20:43

Thank you Deaf! Very Happy
Our styles are very different from one another, maybe we should switch it up sometime Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 17 Sep 2018 - 20:49

Foot_of_adhesive_tape wrote:
Thank you Deaf! Very Happy
Our styles are very different from one another, maybe we should switch it up sometime Wink

I admire the subtle shades you use at least partially because it is something I have never done & may not be able to do. clown
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018 - 16:47

Now me finally. I wanted to comment for days now but didn't get around to it. I'm a big big fan of your warbands and style of both converting and painting. Converting 40k-Minis for MH is what I like doing also. The Cawdor scream "witchhunters" at me. Maybe a TOUCH of colour more would help the eye find a focus on your minis though.
Converting the sisters must have been a pain. What models did you use? The range of SoB is just so old and all the minis have a relatively static pose. The coat of raven feathers is a nice idea btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foot paints his warbands!   Foot paints his warbands! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foot paints his warbands!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next