Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Afew random pics of my tomb kings

Go down 
+2
Drugart
outbreak
6 posters
AuthorMessage
outbreak
Warrior
Warrior
outbreak

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Empty
PostSubject: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 10:07

Well i'm finishing painting up my tomb kings at the moment as my first warhammer army. These guys are the first real army i've painted (i did some night goblins from the skull pass set in a day with a stupidly big brush and about 4 colours that turned out terrible before these).
I think some models i've done have turned out semi-passable but most of my core seems to be too rushed and dodgied up! Below are afew pics of my units at the moment, i still need to come up with a good way of basing them as any scrap models i've tryed to base with sand ended up looking crap.

My liche priest on foot which is probably the only mini i've ended up happy with:
Afew random pics of my tomb kings Lp2

My greenstuffed tomb scorpion made to be comming from the sands, still needs painting once i figure out how i'm going to add sand to bases (first attempt using greenstuff):

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Scorp4

My tomb king:
Afew random pics of my tomb kings Tk1q

Some chariots:
Afew random pics of my tomb kings Img0685

My ssc (WORST MODEL TO ASSEMBLE EVER!):
Afew random pics of my tomb kings Catapult1
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 11:00

Nice job on the TKs. The Scorpion is going to look great I think!
Other than that, the only thing I would recommend is using some wash on thier bones, to give them a more 'worn' look. Cant wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 11:12

PRETTY COOL LOOKING DEAD GUYS! They're MUCH nicer than the "average" WHFB armies I've seen fielded. A redish brown wash on the bones & a bit more highlighting would make them execptional pieces. thumbsup

I find it easier to scenic the bases BEFORE painting the minis. Since that is not an option here, just CAREFULLY paint some watered down white glue [tacky works best] over the surface [avoiding the feet Suspect ], dip into a jar of sand or sprinkle liberally over the larger bases, & shake/brush off the excess BEFORE the glue dries. Once dry wash with a medium brown &, again when dry, dry brush with a sand color [off white]. For a desert style base that's all that is necessary.
Back to top Go down
outbreak
Warrior
Warrior
outbreak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeSun 31 May 2009 - 11:32

those chariot pics may be abit deceptive because of the sun, their actually quite brown in real life
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 12:27

YEEESSSSS! More Tome Kings! lookin good man keep it up! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
outbreak
Warrior
Warrior
outbreak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 12:51

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Newscorp3

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Newscorp5

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Archers2

Afew random pics of my tomb kings Archers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 13:43

COOL DEAD GUYS/THINGYS! These suckers ARE REALLY turning out nicely. You're well on your way to a FINE looking army. Keep up the GOOD WORK! Undead
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009 - 22:59

Nice work on the Tomb Kings! I like the color choices. I second Deafnala's advice about applying the sand. If sand gets somewhere I don't want it I use a paint brush dipped in water to clean the sand off before the glue can dry.

I don't bother painting the sand, but I have a mix of different colored/textured sands that I like.

I love the Tomb Scorpion rising from the sands. Just remember sand isn't mud so it doesn't stick to things (unless they are greasy or oily like tank engine parts...)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun 2009 - 0:27

very nice work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afew random pics of my tomb kings   Afew random pics of my tomb kings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Afew random pics of my tomb kings
Page 1 of 1