Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The faith points rule

Go down 
+6
Ethlorien
Asp
Da Bank
Chad
Popmouth
MagnoliaFan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MagnoliaFan
Warlord
Warlord
MagnoliaFan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned: none

The faith points rule Empty
PostSubject: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 9:01

Hey every one, on a different topic people were discussing the death of a leader. I think the biggest bummer in Mordheim is losing a captain. Because I like too think (and the rest of my game group also) that 'you' are infact the captain of the warband! And I hate it when I die Very Happy. So we came up with the folowing rule:

At the start of the campaign every warband gets 2 faithpoints. This is how blessed you are by the holy Sigmar or the gaze of the Shadow Lord.
You can use your faith point anny time during the game. The faith point alows you to re-roll a dice roll, but you must accept the second roll, even when its worse (the gods are fickle). So these faitpoints are ideal to save your captain from certain death! Once you used a faith point, its gone.

We also intreduced a other rule too get a extra faith point. At the end of every campaign day every one wrote a short story about the coolest action or the dumbest move he made. After that every player could vote one person and the person with the most votes got a extra faithpoint. This is a nice way to get everyone to commit and people will do all kinds off colls stuff like; go for that impasible diving charge with their dwarven warband Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 11:59

Sounds like someone has been playing Arcanum...
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 12:08

I hate it when I die, too..., Isn't their something like that in LOTR? Anyway, it sounds like a good idea, tell us how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 14:06

It is a nice idea. I had tried something a long time ago but never finished it. I like the idea of writing stories about it.

We introduced a medic to each squad, and the medic will allow one reroll on the injury table per game, as long as the medic was not taken OOA.
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 14:09

we just allow players to buy back the leader, he is not worth the 60gc/20xp compared to promoted henchmen anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 14:45

That is a really cool idea. I also feel the warband leader is 'me' on the battlefield. Which I guess should not surprise me when he dies... Smile I think I might give that a try. Love the writing but - though I'm not sure if my friends would go for it. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 21:54

As more of a modeler/painter/fluff Guy than a gamer/rules Guy, I think the Faith thingy is a cool idea. The leader, beyond representing & having emotional ties to the play, IS also probably the most pricey [in REAL $s that is Suspect ], probably the best painted, & most likely to be converted mini in the War Band; his demised is painful on several levels. Alternately or in combination with the Faith rule, the "look out, Sir!" rule MIGHT work well.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009 - 7:16

Yeah we allow anyone to buy back leaders as well, not just Undead.

Faith points remind me of Fate Points, which in turn remind me of Advanceed Hero-Quest

BEST GAME EVER
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 9:31

Ahah, and I like when my Carnival of Chaos leader dies, don't know why Rolling Eyes
It's the same with the Possessed Twisted Evil
But for all the other warbands, I agree with you...
We played "Heroïc action", in each game, one action is declared "the heroïc action of the game". When you have 3 heroïc action awards, you can buy :
. +1Xp to one of your heroe (choose which one).
. Re-roll a dice during the next game (to do another heroïc action? Laughing) and re-roll one dice during the exploration phase.
. Gain 30 Co.

They're not well-balanced, but they're quite cool to use. We need to develop more this concept, but it's quite close from your "faith point" Smile
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 10:13

This idea seems really cool... cause yeah... :S I don't wanna die! Razz Though earning the points by heroic actions is really appealing, it might also be the very reason to spend them! haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The faith points rule   The faith points rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The faith points rule
Page 1 of 1