Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?

Go down 
+2
Popmouth
Asp
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Empty
PostSubject: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2009 - 1:24

As the title says, are these skills potential exploits? In our campaign I have maxed out my Witch Hunter warband, have 300+ gc in the stash while my enemies only have about 50gc to spare. how did I make so much money?

I have

3x wyrdstone hunter
2x haggle
1x elven ranger mod

which nets me A LOT of gold, even when I loose

so as the title says: are these skills exploits? - only Witch Hunters have an all-academic hero-selection, but in time, every warband could have the same via lads got talent. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2009 - 8:56

Well fair to you, I guess. Can not see it as unfair really - the unbalance between warbands is quite the charm do you not think?
The problem would of course be if everyone played after this manner - and it always was an advantage. Are you in advantage becouse of your stash though?
Back to top Go down
Asp
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Asp

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2009 - 11:36

Popmouth wrote:
Are you in advantage becouse of your stash though?

good point Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.indadvendt.dk/mordheim/
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 7:48

You wanna make this worse? Hire an arabian merchant. He pays for himself and you will have the ability to get a hold of some very nice equipment.
The elf ranger and the merchant are my "show me the money" combo.
Back to top Go down
ts061282
General
General
ts061282

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 10:01

Re-roll all exploration dice simultaneously. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 12:32

What, how does that solve anything?
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 19:17

I don't think its exploitative any more than every Middenheimer hero taking resilient to be at least T4 (T5 if they get the right advance roll)
Or every Reiklander Warbands heroes getting shooting skills so you have 6 nimble crossbows running around.
Considering how many academic skills the Witch Hunters can't use. Warrior wizard, Sorcery and Arcane Lore, there had to be something intentional about giving them those skills. The concept behind the Witch hunters is a small, very well equipped, experienced band. Skills like haggle, streetwise and wyrdstone hunter play into that mold.

Even with alot of money, you still have to beat your opponents. Those skills won't help you do that directly. What happens when you roll up against Horrible monsters in undead and Possessed warbands? Money won't save you. Though, if you spend it you might have the hired swords to take them on.

I've been toying with the "money machine" warband myself. I never took it that far but I think I might to see how it does. Another thing to add is the Beggar and Warpstone amulets. (can't take tarot cards... curses) Those all generate some serious cash and or doubles, triples etc.
Back to top Go down
ts061282
General
General
ts061282

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2009 - 22:42

Popmouth wrote:
What, how does that solve anything?

The problem is with Wyrdstone Hunter and the fact you can hunt for multiples (especially w/ elf). Rerollig all at once tones this down by adding diminishing returns. Example: You roll a 1, 5 and 6. If you can reroll one only, you reroll the 1 obviously. If you could reroll two (two Wyrdstone Hunters), seperately, you would reroll 1, hoping for a 5 or 6. Assuming you get doubles, you can then choose to reroll the other (6, if you now have two fives) hoping for the tripple. If you reroll simultaneously, you obviously reroll the 1, but do you reroll the five or the six? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009 - 10:29

Ah I see. That makes sense - sorry if I sounded aggressive or something. Well yeah, that might be a solution, doesn't it say that you may re-roll a dice only once? Maybe not...
Still it's quite sad that you never find those really neat things when you start rolling four of a kind, or five of a kind. Still, that's the charm when you roll 'em right – that it happens rarely.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2009 - 13:27

You may re-roll a dice only once, yes, but after re-roll that dice, you can re-roll another, can't you?
So it's a lil' cheating not to re-roll all the dice simultaneously Wink
Back to top Go down
serge
Youngblood
Youngblood
serge

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009 - 21:54

If you like Hired sword, you can take a beggar for 10+5/battle.

1 extra exploration dice isn't wrong.

Hochland bandits have 0-2 poachers, each giving 1 exploration dice reroll.

Now imagine I have 2 wyrdstone hunter heroes, and 1 beggar, 2 poachers, and a total of 6 heroes : 7 exploration dice (you may only chose 6 of them after all rolls), then I have 4 re-rolls (which I roll before discarding one dice).
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2009 - 22:10

That beggar is just too good. We looked at him recently. At 5 (for good warbands) per game. While he is useless in combat he does add to your size (helping with route checks) and adds to your ability to get doubles etc?
Double his cost and he's fair.
We don't allow him. Still, 2 Wyrdstone hunter heroes, 2 poachers, elf ranger maybe?

The topic was about withchunters. 4 Wyrdstone hunter heroes, a few hagglers. Elf ranger, Arabian merchant. You are darn snappy. I'd take at least one streetwise in thee and start targetiing Mordheim maps. Get their +1/-1 in there too.
Back to top Go down
serge
Youngblood
Youngblood
serge

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 11:18

The thief from TC19 is probaby a must.

Roll rarity for any one item* per trading session on 2d6 (or 2+ on a 1d6 for common). If pass, you get it for free. If not, you might die.

* Any item, warplock pistols, swivelguns, bone helmets (Why would you want one?), weeping blades, hand held mortars, parrots, pigeon bombs, peg legs, sea dragon cloaks... anything from any equipment list, if I understood correct.

And witchhunters may have one.
Back to top Go down
Nastyogre
Veteran
Veteran
Nastyogre

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 16:30

Yeah the thief is snappy. Do you think that the theif should be able to steal items you can't normally buy with a warband?

Marienburgers aren't even going to see a set of weeping blades, they can't even roll for the check, so how does the thief steal it? Humans can't go to the skaven markets. I suppose it gets down to interpretation.

We tend to play ROI as much as we can. We only use RAW if there is a disagreement.
Back to top Go down
serge
Youngblood
Youngblood
serge

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 17:10

Theif being able to steal anything sounds logical.
____
Step one: Someone has a set of weeping blades.
Step two: Thief steals said set.
Step three: Thief has now said set, and probably gives it away to a warband member.
____

Good combo for anyone with weapon training or similiar (I.E: Hochland bandit duelist).

Otherwise, there are hochland bandit looters, but witchhunters can't have them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?   Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wyrdstone Hunter & Haggle = Exploits?
Page 1 of 1