Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me

Go down 
+4
dwi
MyLittlePwny
DeafNala
Paluke
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Empty
PostSubject: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 18:16

Hi all!

I've been trying to pick up the Ork army for 40k.

however I cant make up much out of the organisation chart.

So far i know: Compulory, the black boxes are a MUST you have to have those. so 1 hq and 2 troop choices.

But what about the others?

can you get an additional hq, 4 troops and 3 elites and/or 3 fast attack/ heavy support?

and no more than that unless boss says otherwise with special rule?
(everything in under the points u agreed on)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeMon 6 Apr 2009 - 19:42

From my limited understanding of The Game, once you've satisfied the compulsory units you can chose ANY of the remaining choices within the framework of the decided upon points limitation. It's similar to satisfying the Core Troops requirement for WHFB. I'm sure the Voices of Authority within the Forum should be able to affirm or refute this. geek

NOW THEN, something I've always wondered: if the point system creates a balanced game, why do you need any restrictions on what you choose? That is 1500 pts of Elites/Rare should provide a balanced game against 1500 pts. of Troops/Core or whatever. Suspect
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 0:50

I'm starting an ork army as well at the moment, and yes:

You MUST have 1 HQ and 2 Troops
You MAY additionally take 4 more troops, 3 fast attack, 3 elites and 3 heavy support

(my current 1000 pointer is 1hq, 3 troops, 3 elites, 3 heavy support and 2 fast attack)
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 1:18

cheers! thanks for the replies Very Happy

i just finished 1 troop choice and 3 elites lol!

soo one more troop and hq to go!
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 2:46

Right Heres My Tought About This,For My 31st Penal Legion (ImpGuard) Right Now I Am Going Too Have 1HQ,2Troops,1Elitet,And 1 Or 2Heavy Support,Now If Your Going Too Ask Me On This Boys Like Mine,Yours Or Any Other Horde Tipe Force Are An Expendable Resource Do No't DO NO'T Spend So Many Pts On The Big Guys Like Es And Hs When You Have So Much Bug Food (The Troops) Too Throw At The Foe And Play Too Your Forces Thing,Yours Is HTH So If You Were Faceing A Guard Player Like Me Just Swarm Me With A Lot Of Boys With Sluggas And Chappas And Have 1 Or 2 Heavys And Elites

So Hope That Helps If No't Fell Free Too Use Your Force But I Don't Think You Will Be All That Good Fighting Against Space Mareins (Or However You Spell It Never Been Good At Spelling) And The Like Oh And If Your Just Starting 40k (Like Me, Read A Lot Of Taktaka Too Get All This Info) Just Have Your HQ And Troopers
Too Get Your Self Falmilyar With The Game thumbsup

(P.S And Have WAHHHHHH! 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me 387809 )
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 8:27

dwi, please read your PMs. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr 2009 - 9:57

As already stated you must have 1 Hq and 2 troops

then you are able to add up to 3 units from fast attack, elite, heavy, and if you wish you can add another hq and another four troops.

Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009 - 1:34

DeafNala wrote:
NOW THEN, something I've always wondered: if the point system creates a balanced game, why do you need any restrictions on what you choose? That is 1500 pts of Elites/Rare should provide a balanced game against 1500 pts. of Troops/Core or whatever. Suspect

its due to the abuse of the game that was known as 2nd Ed.

troop units were hardly ever used and it created a very power hammer sort of game.
by creating a force chart they provided maximums of the no troop options. making special troops more balanced in the force.

eg: Terminators clear a bunker and move on, tac marines move in and occupy it, leaving the elite unit to do what its best at.

generally pick up games and tournaments are a single force org chart, but as long as you have the minimum options you can take multiple force orgs if you and your gamers are OK with that.

with 5th ed its usually handy to have 3-4 troop options in your force.

(also at 3000pts many force orgs are full)

Apocalypse is the game for 0 force org. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009 - 8:41

Thanks, Lee. I still suffer from an "historical" gamers view, even after 30 years out of that style of gaming. When your used to 1,000+minis as an average size game, the small numbers [comparatively Suspect ] used in 40K & WHFB make them seem like skirmish style games where avante garde units would be predominant. Deaf Nala Smiley

Sorry for the off topic...sort of. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
blessed knight
Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2009 - 12:30

DeafNala wrote:
Thanks, Lee. I still suffer from an "historical" gamers view, even after 30 years out of that style of gaming. When your used to 1,000+minis as an average size game, the small numbers [comparatively ] used in 40K & WHFB make them seem like skirmish style games where avante garde units would be predominant. Deaf Nala Smiley

Sorry for the off topic...sort of. Embarassed

if it helps, think of 40k games as a small area of your 1000+ mini game. The battle lines are simply a lot longer and the forces more spread out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 15:19

The restrictions are to keep it 'fair' in aspects. Though certain armies *cough* SM *cough* Get all the fun stuff. My Orks did however get the Stompa, which sadly is only for Apocolypse games....but man it fun to see it rock!
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 21:48

Hehe yeah Space marines always find ways to get around corners in sneaky ways Razz they have that master of the forge HQ guy which allows you to have 6 dreadies... and yes - you can have 5 of those with 2x assault cannon and a single h2h one for 1000 points...
Back to top Go down
blessed knight
Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 23:33

Drugart wrote:
The restrictions are to keep it 'fair' in aspects. Though certain armies *cough* SM *cough* Get all the fun stuff. My Orks did however get the Stompa, which sadly is only for Apocolypse games....but man it fun to see it rock!

Rolling Eyes they always forget the burna units, the biker nobz, the whole codex upgrade allowing 100% Nobz.. lol!

marines got fun stuff but it all competes with each other and is costly in points. you don't see marine armies fielding 11 dreads in a single force org. *cough* Orks *cough* Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 10:33

Haha i got your hint BK,

Orks can just SWARM the field. i did some math Razz and here is something worth glancing at on the battlefield:

2HQ (warboss) + 6 troop choices:

1 warboss (60 points per model = 60 gold, add 70 g for upgrades = 130)
6 boyz (180 single units * 6 = 1080 gold, add 290 for upgrades = 1370 gold)

total 1500 points army xD you could tell your enemy to go and smoke a cig or take a coffee break whilst YOU setup your army

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 11:17

Paluke wrote:
total 1500 points army xD you could tell your enemy to go and smoke a cig or take a coffee break whilst YOU setup your army lol!

That's DA CUNNING PLAN tactic. Moving ALL those minis wears on your opponents nerves until he finally goes screaming into the night. After a number of games he'll develope a nervous tick whenever he sees you. Psychological Warfare at its FINEST. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 11:50

I'm liking how the newer codex's units all seem to have some use, as in i don't think i can see one horrible unit in the codex space marines for example, and so far haven't found one in the orks but then again i haven't read it fully.

Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 19:13

DeafNala wrote:
Paluke wrote:
total 1500 points army xD you could tell your enemy to go and smoke a cig or take a coffee break whilst YOU setup your army lol!

That's DA CUNNING PLAN tactic. Moving ALL those minis wears on your opponents nerves until he finally goes screaming into the night. After a number of games he'll develope a nervous tick whenever he sees you. Psychological Warfare at its FINEST. Suspect

until he meets the cunning double warbosses, grot horde and his 45 flamers in battlewaggons.

burn baby burn! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2009 - 10:16

ah some of the most fun combos are the most obvious,

Nob bikers, termies in land raiders, sternguard in drop pods, nasty orc units in battle waggons to name a few.

I've taken to trying out a mech marine list and its so far ben fun, though i may alter it slightly to get 2 preds in instead of th one land raider i'm using and some attack bikes instead fo the assault termies.

Warlord
Warlord
blessed knight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009 - 0:20

Duce wrote:
ah some of the most fun combos are the most obvious,

Nob bikers, termies in land raiders, sternguard in drop pods, nasty orc units in battle waggons to name a few.

I've taken to trying out a mech marine list and its so far ben fun, though i may alter it slightly to get 2 preds in instead of th one land raider i'm using and some attack bikes instead fo the assault termies.

linebreaker squads are nice in 5th ED. nothing like multiple vindicators for scaring the hell out of orks.
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitimeFri 17 Apr 2009 - 10:59

their very useful eslecially against hordes as you mentioned orks. I've got 2 so far, but i'm iffy if i should bother to get a 3rd.

I'm loving the loads of razorbacks list i'm currently getting a hang on. currently in 1500 points i'm fielding four but going to up it to 5th, 3 with lascnnon 2 with heavy bolter.

add that in with the two dakka predators as people call them, and a vindi and thats alot of vehicles on the table.

at the moment the list looks like:

chaplain with jump pack
10 assault marines

3x 5 man squads with razorbacks with twin linked lascannon
1x 5 man squad with razorback with heavy bolter

vindicator

land raider

5 man termie assault squad with thunder hammers / storm shields.

the landraider / termies will be swapped out eventually for a 3 attack bike squad with meltas when i ge tthem apinted, and another razorback with heavy bolter housing a 5 man squad.

as mentioned two dakka preds will also be put in the army.

It is a fun army to play with, and once i learn not to be so unlucky on vehicles blowing up and how to move them better i'll alter it as needs be

PostSubject: Re: 40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me   40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k Force organisation Chart is puzzling me
Page 1 of 1