Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Total Anihilation (or close enough)

Go down 
+6
Identity
Chad
StyrofoamKing
Captain Wolfgang
Da Bank
Ethlorien
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Empty
PostSubject: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009 - 23:25

Hey Folks (hope this falls under Gameplay),

Now, I've had some bad games of Mordheim: a lot of Died rolls, or you lose your leader, or your 200gc Minotaur Smile. But I was wondering if any of you have had such a poor game where you lost everything (or near enough). Not nescesarily 7 rolls of Died on the injury charts, but even just in game a whack of OOA?

Just looking to hera some sad (and funny) stories...

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jan 2009 - 23:32

It was many many years ago since this has happened.

I campaign I recall, I decided not to route and I had 8 models go OOA and 7 of them died.

I restarted.
Back to top Go down
Captain Wolfgang
Youngblood
Youngblood
Captain Wolfgang

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 3:46

I once had a Dwarf warband that started with : A Captain, Engineer, 2 Slayers, a Warror and a thunderer.

After my first game I hade the warrior, the thunderer and one slayer wuth a leg wound (M2 ouch).

I also restarted.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 4:21

Marienburg Warband, with 5 starting heroes, X number of henchmen, and a Warlock Hired sword right out of the gate. The very first game, all of the heroes were taken out of action, one or two of them died, and I had no income for the first battle, so I couldn't pay upkeep on the Warlock.

The same warband had some terrible luck. Once, the pistol wielding leader missed his target by 1 on a roll to hit, thus shooting his youngblood bodyguard in the back of the head, killing him. The same leader (in a different game, I think,) rolled the misfire on his pistol, which exploded, taking the hero out of action. The Injury? "Lose a Hand". Painful, but surprisingly appropriate.

Another warband was the Bretonnian Pirate warband, which gets a special bonus for Dueling Pistols. In the first 6-8 games, I lost 5+ dueling pistols due to death, robbery, or failure at the pits. And they 35gc for them each.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 11:52

I did that to my brother once: he had a load of skaven in the top of a house, and I managed to get an Ore Bodyguard and a load of combatants up their (oh, yeah, aerial ogre, baby!) and they all just jumped out the windows (my bro though they had a better chance of surviving a 6" drop than my fighters Very Happy ).
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 12:20

My memory was jogged by the flying Orgre above.

Mine involved Goblins and Orcs attempting diving charges on a Vampire.

Well, I managed to failed 6diving charges as they were above 3 inches. All of the Orcs and Goblins splatted in a circle pattern around the Vampire and I rolled 5 and 6s respectively. 5 died from the fall, one was stunned and the vampire took him out on his turn. What a mess.

Elsewhere on the battlefield I lost two more.

For a minute the Vampire thought it was raining Orcs and Goblins.
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 14:17

The first three games with my Ostlander wardband resulted in three restarts. They apparently were ill informed of the dangers of the City of the Damned, and paid dearly for their ignorance.

In their very first battle, my ogre barreled through a hail of arrows (sustaining only one wound) to charge a hapless elf henchmen. Wielding a 2 hander and confidently sitting on two wounds, I waited for the elf to make his dagger attack. It criticaled into two wounds with increased injury, taking my ogre out of the battle and ultimately resulting in his death. After the battle, half my army (and 70% of its worth) was dead.

I also had a lizardmen game where two of my skink heroes killed themselves, one with a critical miss throwing a bola, and the other falling from a 2" climb (with 5 initiative). I am infamous for the climbing ineptitude of my warbands. I typically field the high initiative skaven and lizardmen, but I seem to roll 6's more often than not when testing initiative, and the injury rolls are equally unlucky. In a spectacularly bad incident, the leader of my Ostlanders was climbing down 2 inches on turn 2 and failed. He rerolled with a rabbit's foot and failed again. One of the falling hits was negated with a lucky charm, but the other str 2 hit was enough to take him OOA and miss the next 2 games.
Back to top Go down
Oldcastle
Champion
Champion
Oldcastle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 17:31

We had a multi player game where a Chaos Possessed got 8 experience for taking models Out of Action. 6 of those were my Reichlanders... and 4 of those died permenantly. At the end, I had 2 marksmen, my Champion, and a hired Warlock. I kept making the leadership checks, and did not voluntarily route, simply because I kept thinking "It is already terrible, why not see how it works out?" And work out it did... On the same turn, the other players all had to make route tests, and all failed. So, beaten and hurt though my band was, I actually won the game.

I'm still using that band. It's never really recovered the numbers I had before, but there is a lot of sentemental feelings for them. They'll last to the end of the campaign, and I'll keep them around, for one off games and such...

And, as all of the casualties happened in a small circle around one statue, we are adding Blood Splatters to the statue, to commemorate the blood bath of that game...

Last edited by Oldcastle on Fri 16 Jan 2009 - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ethlorien
Ancient
Ancient
Ethlorien

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 17:42

Oldcastle wrote:
And, as all of the casualties happened in a small circle around one statue, we are adding Blood Splatters to the statue, to commemorate the blood bath of that game...

Oh, I love that. So fluffy.

Great stories, folks.

Thanks a lot and keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 18:03

That's the goal of our summer's campaign ending with my bro : the last man standing. My 3 warbands against his 3 warbands, he won, I take the half of his figs (randomly), he won, etc... And finally : he won with his possessed...
And it was FUN !!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord Xi
General
General
Lord Xi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 19:10

We played a small campaign for a few weeks, my Middenheimers vs. Skaven. By the end of a month of games, my opponent had all pistols and armour and stuff, and I had one less model than i started with. Enter our third player who had been unavailable until now. He had Amazons. He played one game against the Skaven player and wiped him out, due to some really bad OOA rolls. Skaven guy quit after that.
Back to top Go down
http://grimdarkvoid.blogspot.com/
Hawkeye
General
General
Hawkeye

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jan 2009 - 22:05

That was a fantastic game, Oldcastle. In fact, I'll bring the red paint along tonight so that we can splash blood all over that statue. I've been meaning to do it for weeks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total Anihilation (or close enough)   close - Total Anihilation (or close enough) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Total Anihilation (or close enough)
Page 1 of 1