it is clear to me that a caster may cast a spell while being in combat himself. But I could find no section in the rules that treats casting into a CC from OUTSIDE.
also I'm aware that all spells need line of sight since the annual 2002.
Some months ago, I posed this question on specialist games and also in the FAQ-section here, but I did not get any answer so far.
So what about the following situation:
caster stands near a closecombat , where members of his own warband fight others. The caster stands clearly seperated from the cc, no enemy model in btb.
In which situations can he cast into the cc?
1) a buff spells that demands to target a friendly model (other than the caster)
2) a debuff spells that demands to target an enemy model
3) offensive spells working much like magic missiles in warhammer fantasy (something hostile "flies" towards an enemy target, defined as such beforehand
4) other offensive spells needing to pick a target
5) hostile Area of Effect - spells (either going from a point beside the caster or the caster himself being the center of the AoE)
6) friendly AoE spells
PS. sorry if this post should be redundant. I remember that this topic has been discussed briefly elsewhere but I couldn't find that thread again and I would like to discuss the topic in a more systematic manner anyway...