Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Round or square bases

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ARTU
Warrior
Warrior
ARTU

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Round or square bases Empty
PostSubject: Round or square bases   Round or square bases Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2021 - 14:12

Hi friends, I'll be back here after a while on the forum after a parenthesis on the Lego forum where I also recreated some sigmarite sisters. And it is precisely about these that I would like to ask you. I have to insert bases into 3D printed models that they made for me and I was wondering what difference is there between using square and round bases? Sorry for the silly question, but knowing that in the original game there were square ones, I don't know why, now, the round ones are used a lot!
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Round or square bases   Round or square bases Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2021 - 16:33

For Mordheim, there is no difference. The rules don't need special bases, so it's up to you which you use. Originally square bases were used because it matched Warhammer Fantasy Battles, where square bases let players line regiments up neatly; but Mordheim is a skirmish game, so it's a free choice! If you like round bases better (& a lot of people do), use them.

& no worries about asking a silly question -- just as long as you don't get a silly answer...
Back to top Go down
Karl von Wald

Karl von Wald

PostSubject: Re: Round or square bases   Round or square bases Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jul 2021 - 20:09

Some games do require square bases. Such as Mantic's Kings of War Vanguard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round or square bases   Round or square bases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round or square bases
Page 1 of 1