Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin Morgrimmsson
Hero
Hero
Odin Morgrimmsson

Trading Reputation : 0

Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Empty
PostSubject: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2021 - 5:19

I have a couple of questions regarding the rules for woodland contained within the Empire In Flames supplement.

Does being in woodland offer cover? I would assume it does but the rules are not explicit. It does say if you are more than 2" inside a wood then you cannot be shot at, but what if you are in the edge of a wood?

Can you hide in a wood? Mordheim rulebook says "low wall, column or other position where he could reasonably conceal himself" so I would assume a wood qualifies as such?
Back to top Go down
Dreadaxe
Champion
Champion
Dreadaxe

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeSun 21 Mar 2021 - 14:49

To WFB, edge of a wood is a cover -1 to hit if I remember
For me, forest it's lot of vegetable column Wink it's ok to hide.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2021 - 4:29

Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames 5e0f9c10
Back to top Go down
Dreadaxe
Champion
Champion
Dreadaxe

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2021 - 14:11

I copy to text.
Extract from Empire in Flames page 13 wrote:
WOODS
The woods of the Empire are very dense and very dark, consisting of many huge ancient trees that block out the sun.
In games in this setting, warbands rarely stray into the deepest, darkest woods so only small copses and clumps of trees need be represented. The rules below reflect the effects of woods:

A stand of woods blocks line of sight to the other side, no matter how wide the stand is. This means that two models on either side of even a 1" wide section of woods cannot see each other if neither has actually entered it.

A model within a stand of woods can see or be seen for 2". This means that there must be no more than 2" between a warrior in woods and an enemy model for the warrior to freely charge or shoot at the enemy, and the same goes for enemy models who wish to shoot at or charge a warrior in woods. Models with more than 2" of woods between them may still test to see if they can charge unseen enemy models as per the normal Mordheim rules, of course.

Woods are difficult ground, and reduce movement to half speed.
Back to top Go down
Odin Morgrimmsson
Hero
Hero
Odin Morgrimmsson

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2021 - 21:06

Thanks, but have already read the the Empire in Flames rules, and they don't answer either of my questions.

More than 2" in a wood, cannot be shot at or charged. But less than 2" into a wood? Soft cover or no cover? And there is no mention of hiding in either case.
Back to top Go down
Dreadaxe
Champion
Champion
Dreadaxe

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitimeThu 1 Apr 2021 - 1:13

Odin Morgrimmsson wrote:
Thanks, but have already read the the Empire in Flames rules, and they don't answer either of my questions.

More than 2" in a wood, cannot be shot at or charged. But less than 2" into a wood? Soft cover or no cover? And there is no mention of hiding in either case.

In this case read between the lines. 2" in these dense wood no miniature can be seen, if you are at the edge of 2" you can be seen normally and no cover applies.

I think the Nemesis Crown team was not very comfortable with its rules inherited from Warhammer Battle v4/5, they created 2 types of woods :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNjfR47inRutpImRWnPCCa81etAZxH8l/view

Quote :
WOODLAND
Unless the scenario dictates, players should agree which stands of trees represent which type of
woodland at the start of the game.

Dense Woodland
A stand of trees represents an area of dense forest, where sight is limited to 2". This is the type of woods
described on page 13 of the Empire In Flames supplement.
Dense woodland counts as difficult ground.
Mounted models may not enter dense woodland without dismounting.

Light Woodland
Here the terrain is wysiwyg (what you see is what you get), i.e. a stand of four trees represents a copse of
four trees.
To determine if the trees block line of sight you'll need to crouch down and squint through them.
Light woodland counts as open ground.
Mounted models may enter light woodland without dismounting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames   Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woods/Forests Rules Empire in Flames
Page 1 of 1