Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Brothers of Sigmar

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Spoonie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

Trading Reputation : 0

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2020 - 10:02

Got back to working on my Witch Hunters/Sisters of Sigmar project. Ogre needs one more go of sculpting, but they're coming together! First on bases are the Ogre Bodyguard and two Brothers Superior.

Brothers of Sigmar 20200614_022423
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2020 - 13:47

The Righteous Fellow are off to a FINE start. Keep up the GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2020 - 14:34

They look great so far! Super cool.
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2020 - 22:27

Looks like a great start of a Warband, keep it up Smile They will look amazing finished!
Back to top Go down
Leavhon
Hero
Hero
Leavhon

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 18:05

The flagellant Ogre is simply great, I really dig all these small icons and hourglasses.
Back to top Go down
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2020 - 1:00

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! Been doing some more work on them, currently trying to figure out the Augur. I went with the man in the iron mask, and decided to just double down and make him totally over the top. Originally I thought I would have him dragging something heavy, as on the left, but it didn't really turn out the way I thought. Playing with the idea of having weights dangling from it instead, like on the right. Just mock ups for now, lemme know whatcha think.

Brothers of Sigmar Unknown

Also threw together a couple mace/buckler henchmen and a mock up pose for my lad with talent. Poor guys head is sagging back a bit, but you get the idea Very Happy

Brothers of Sigmar Unknown
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2020 - 9:35

Great use of the Flagellant kit Spoonie Smile they already look really cool! Fits the Mordheim theme just right!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2020 - 14:00

The Flagellants have a lot of potential. Have FUN with the Loonies! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2020 - 14:07

The flagellant kit is wonderful if you like them to look a bit scrawny and emaciated, which I do. And flagellants are without a doubt the most Mordheimy model type that exists. The end is nigh! Repent! Doom! So Mordheim.

It's funny though that as I interpret the post, these flagellants aren't flagellants rules-wise, they are counting-as Sisters of Sigmar, yes?
Back to top Go down
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun 2020 - 16:53

Thanks guys! And yes, I think they'll be played as Sisters, although I did want to make them dual purpose for Witch Hunters. So we'll get a pack of 5 'Sisters' with flails to also work as Flagellants, and the Mace/Buckler guys can be Zealots, if I want a couple. A Warrior Priest to be the Matriarch, and the TLGT has a club big enough to be a great weapon, so he works for both as well. So once that's all settled I'd just need the actual witch hunters and some puppies to run it that way.

But, as you said, a lot of it is just so I could use more Flagellant models and get them all super Mordheim-ey. I always think of the old Mordheim book and the art - This guy has his mouth sewn shut, and ripped out his eyes to replace them with taxidermed birds. Why?! MORDHEIM! My hat is made of fire! … I guess I just wanted a whole warband like that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 16:50

This is an awesome looking project, & a damned fine proxy for Sisters of Sigmar (who aren't the easiest warband to build fitting the original fluff). I really like the use of the stock-locked figure as the augur, as if he's been maddened by his visions -- or maybe his visions are just the result of his madness... I think having the stocks weighted down might look best, unless you can make the chain-ends look split as if he's broken free from them.

& I agree that this looks very Mordheim arty, which is great. Oh, I also admire the double-purposing of the warband as 'Sisters' of Sigmar OR Witch Hunters. That's savvy I like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Brothers of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brothers of Sigmar   Brothers of Sigmar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brothers of Sigmar
Page 1 of 1