Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Squigs - Charging into something hidden?

Go down 
+4
Duce
Ezekiel
Eliazar
Skavenslayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Empty
PostSubject: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008 - 13:03

Question: If a Squig moves into hidden model and passes it's initiative test (rolled upon contact) do they stop and treat it as a charge on the model? What if it doesn't fails the test. Does it then move "through" the model or around it.
Back to top Go down
Skavenslayer
General
General
Skavenslayer

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008 - 13:12

Hmmm.. im not 100% sure but, i think a squig can charge, without spotting...
If its movement allows it to come in base contact in counts as charging.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008 - 13:18

I'd say that the squig counts as charging when he touches the hidden models base even without having to pass an initiative test. The squig is bouncing along happily and I suppose those hungry and vivious beast won't be that stupid as to jump on top of a human hiding behind a wall and not noticing him... So, bad luck for the hiding one Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008 - 23:08

you obviously never saw cheesy horrormovies! there you walk straight by the killer only to be stabbed in the back the next second... (in movies preferably minutes to ad to the suspense, and the actual horror hehe)

I think it'll still need to pass it's I test, but doesn't need to charge... they are ferocious enough to bite anything they come across, they just have to spot it in time...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008 - 9:48

maybe making a leadership test to see if if they notice the enemy?

Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008 - 16:04

Reality and horror movies aside, the rules say that squigs don´t charge as such, but count as charging if their variable movement brings them into contact. Since the iniative test is only done to charge a model that your charger can´t see, but that is NOT HIDDEN, the iniative does not apply to the question at all.
Quoted from da mob rulez:
"Squigs never run and never declare charges.
Instead, they are allowed to contact enemy models with their
normal 2D6" movement. If this happens, they count as
charging for the following round of close combat, just as if
they had declared a charge."

This means that a squig does not charge, but it is allowed to contact any model it can reach. There are no restrictions mentioned, so hiding or being unseen are irrelevant, you can simply contact all you can reach with your 2D6 movement.
Of course if you want to houserule that for fluff reasons it does need to check if it notices the model feel free to do so Wink
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008 - 18:15

Horatius wrote:
Quoted from da mob rulez:
Thanks Horatius. I love to see the actual rules quoted.

I agree with everything you said, but it still irks me a little. I don't use hiding ... at all.. Can someone explain what would happen if Bob is hidden 8 inches away from Roxr, and Roxr wants to charge Bob (and there's nothing in between the two models)?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Ralron

Ralron

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008 - 21:01

As far as I read in the German Rulebook (But that´s often a little bit wrong translated):
Bob can only hide if there is something to hide behind (Barrels, a ruin,...), if Roxr has a direct line of sight, Bob isn´t hidden anymore.
But if he is hidden, and Roxr is 8" away, he can´t see/attack Bob until he is near enough (based on his ini) this is 4" by an ini of 4, 5" by an ini of 5,...
I hope that´s right, and sorry for my English... Embarassed
With friendly greetings,
Ralron
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008 - 22:14

Correct, you don't test if you are within your Initiative in inches, You automatically spot the model.

Horiatio is spot on and a squig does not follow "normal" rules of HTH.

The squig may reach the model. I will dig around later 2nite and see if I can find anything to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squigs - Charging into something hidden?   Squigs - Charging into something hidden? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squigs - Charging into something hidden?
Page 1 of 1