Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Shooting hidden guys

Go down 
+3
Von Kurst
Pervavita
odd
7 posters
AuthorMessage
odd
Youngblood
Youngblood
odd

Trading Reputation : 0

Shooting hidden guys Empty
PostSubject: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 17:45

I have a dwarf warband which is heavily ranged attacks. One of my friends plays goblins. He hides any time he has cover which makes my ranged guys useless for the most part. How would you suggest I get it so I can pincushion said goblins before they get up on me?

odd
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 18:05

move your shooters into better posision. Try to cover avanues of aproach and have some close combat weapons for when they get there.
He can try to avoid all your guys but odds are they all won't avoid it and that along with Animosity should help thin/spread the herd before it gets to your superior troops
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 18:42

Go goblins! Shooting hidden guys 387809

Do the gobos have a chance once they get closer?
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeFri 4 Nov 2011 - 23:08

Wardogs are good for running forward and spotting hidden people.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 16:44

What you need is a spotter. Someone who can run up, see the enemy, and thus give your crossbows time to fire. I'd recommend a hired sword. Cheap to hire, and if they die, who cares?

Back to top Go down
odd
Youngblood
Youngblood
odd

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 18:54

Pervavita: The issue is we use alot of fences and such which allows them hide since they have cover.
Von: They out number me by quite a bit, one on one even my archers are better, but theres generally 2 or 3 on 1.
Lord 0 and Grum: Do hired folks count against your total size? I currently have 12 guys (max).
Back to top Go down
Cervantes3773
Youngblood
Youngblood
Cervantes3773

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 19:06

Hired Swords do not count towards your max warband size (you pay for them after each game). However, they do count counts the total number of models for calculating routing.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 20:49

Some solutions:
~Weapons Training + Blunderbuss Twisted Evil THAT'S using their numbers against them.

~Quickshot = 2 bolts per hero. Much better odds of taking a few down.

~Bottlenecking - If there's a lot of fences, position yourself so they have to go through a tight spot to attack you. Dwarves are some of the toughest models out there with 20 mm bases, meaning bigger guys (25mm) and horde bands have a hard time facing them in a tight spot. Doorways are your friend.

~Ropes & Hooks - if you can reroll every climbing test a hero has to make, you have a much better chance of getting the higher ground and sniping more. At 5gc & common, no reason not to.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting hidden guys   Shooting hidden guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting hidden guys
Page 1 of 1