Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Kislevite Armor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitimeMon 28 May 2018 - 23:39

I'm about to start a Kislevite warnad and noticed that save for the captain none of the starting heroes description mentioned they can use armor (bear tamer, esaul, youths)

I familiar with the wizards restrictions and some of them especially note that they may never wear any armor. In this case is it a typo or only the captain can wear armor (and of course the henchmen)?
Back to top Go down
ryryak
Warrior
Warrior
ryryak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2018 - 23:23

That seems to me to be a typo or a copy/paste error.

It seems to me that if they didn't want those specific heroes to take armor (the bear tamer, the Esaul, and the youths) then it would have specifically spelled out that they "may not wear armor".

I'd let you do it.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2018 - 17:15

Ryryak seems right to me. It's just an error. If it were a theme thing (suggesting armour is rare among the often-shirtless Kislevites) then the henchmen wouldn't have access. &, in the Streltsi entry it specifies that only they are trained with Handguns, though that's much clearer from the weapon lists; if the other heroes couldn't take armour, I'm sure a similar note would explain that.

So I'd assume they can all take Armour.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitimeFri 1 Jun 2018 - 17:19

Oi! Good question, but according to the basic rules of the game a warrior can be equipped with armor if it is on his equipment list and armor is on the Kislevite equipment list.

We always allow them to take armor (but its not very likely that they would, given the cost and crappiness of armor).
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jun 2018 - 17:09

Von Kurst wrote:
Oi!  Good question, but according to the basic rules of the game a warrior can be equipped with armor if it is on his equipment list and armor is on the Kislevite equipment list.  

We always allow them to take armor (but its not very likely that they would, given the cost and crappiness of armor).

Yes armor as the vanilla rules goes only worth when you keep stacking up as as much as possible. Some players are pressing the case so probably we will make them some how better....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kislevite Armor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kislevite Armor   Kislevite Armor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kislevite Armor
Page 1 of 1