Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Is there a Fimir Warband?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 19:33

So as I'm bored at work today, I have been going through the Rules and Gameplay Forum reading up on old topics to see how much I could learn and apply to my games (currently on page 15 of 53).  I don't think I will make it all the way through but I did come across an interesting topic on the Harpy Scenario.  This topic was started by Werekin where in he briefly describes a battle between an Undead Warband and Fimir Warband.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t7251-harpy-hunting?highlight=harpy

Is there a Fimir warband?  I've never heard of this.  If it does exist, does any one have a link to download the file?

Thanks for the help.

Reolus
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 19:53

Yes and Werekin wrote it as part of the Mutiny in Marienburg setting.  There should be a link to his... site (?) in his signature.

Here it is (note that he kept the warbands on a separate google docs site and that link may not be active)--
http://libermalefic.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Nov 2017 - 20:42

Thanks Von Kurst.

I'll take a look through the website when I get back to camp this evening.  The computers on site here have his website blocked.

Do you have any experience with it?  Is it fairly balanced to the original warbands?

*EDIT: Took a look through the link but could only find a description of the Balefiend and a scenario involving the Fimir.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 0:21

No experience.

I just liked the idea of the Rolling Fog scenario (haven't played it either).
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeTue 14 Nov 2017 - 0:51

I've PM'd Alex and he said that he would look for the file if he still had it. Hopefully it turns up, I would be interested in reading it.

I also think the scenario looks good, will hopefully be giving it a shot in my next campaign.

I've seen some comments that Cult of the Possessed make a good basis for a "counts as" warband for the Fimir. How would this work? Every model is replaced by a Fimir or just some, like the Possessed or Beastmen?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeSun 19 Nov 2017 - 18:48

There are a couple of hosting sites in this thread (last couple of posts)
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t6427p50-mutiny-in-marienburg#134832
Back to top Go down
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Nov 2017 - 2:02

We've played a whole campaign with a Fimir player, and the rolling fog scenario.
its a great level, the fimir are terrifying in it early campaign and late campaign the splitting up of warbands keeps things random and scary.

as for the warband, they're kinda like ogres, strong, but need an experienced player to bring out their full potential, make too many mistakes and they become too expensive to replace.

The combination of Aquatic, the fog, Speed skills, scaly skin, and multiple wounds make them very strong. but this is balanced by their stupidity, high cost, and lack of shooting.
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeMon 20 Nov 2017 - 23:04

Thanks Von Kurst. I took a look through the One Drive files and found it! The file is called Lords of the Marsh.

They look like an interesting warband. Thanks for the insights DicLombardi.

What model sizes did you use? As only the Draich and Warriors have the Large rule, are they the only ones on a 40x40 base and the rest on 25x25?
Back to top Go down
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeTue 21 Nov 2017 - 1:01

yeah exactly, he used that set of 3 fimir warriors from forgeworld for the large guys, and the heroquest models for the rest. he may have used a converted reaper troll for the leader ill try and find photos.
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitimeThu 23 Nov 2017 - 17:34

Thanks DicLombardi, that would be cool to see someone's take on the warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a Fimir Warband?   warband - Is there a Fimir Warband? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there a Fimir Warband?
Page 1 of 1