Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

attacking from a wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oograh

Oograh

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

attacking from a wagon Empty
PostSubject: attacking from a wagon   attacking from a wagon Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2016 - 4:20

Hey there, long time lurker here, and first time poster as far as I can remember.  tongue

A few friends of mine have started up a campaign of Mordheim again and we have been scratching our heads over the wagon rules.

Now we reckon that we have most of then teased out, but the close combat rules and how they relate to fighting from wagons have us stumped.
in Empire in Flames (p.33) it mentions:

Quote :
Crew on board a stationary wagon
are counted as defending an obstacle and a
6 is required to hit them regardless of
Weapon Skill. If a crew member is taken out of
action an attacker may enter/board the wagon in
his next turn.

but we cant seem to find out where the rest of the rules for fighting over an obstacle are located!

Our main question is who can attack from a wagon if it has been charged, common sense would dictate the driver, but what if the wagon was struck in the back? if a passenger was struck through the attacker rolling a three on the random target table (and then a natural 6 to hit!) could they strike back? What if the Wagon was moving?

Its something that we could have easily house-ruled, but someone mentioned that one of the Town Cryers had rules covering it, but for the life of us we cant find them.

Oh and one last thing, whats that about needing a 6 to hit a model that is defending an obstacle, is that brought up anywhere at all? I cant seem to see it mentioned anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT:
Oh God, I just saw that I have infact posted before, and it was resolved by someone pointing out an obvious piece of information that I missed, this does not bode well...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

attacking from a wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: attacking from a wagon   attacking from a wagon Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2016 - 17:38

Quote :
EDIT:
Oh God, I just saw that I have infact posted before, and it was resolved by someone pointing out an obvious piece of information that I missed, this does not bode well...

Not to worry, you are asking about wagons and nothing is obvious with wagons.

Quote :
Our main question is who can attack from a wagon if it has been charged, common sense would dictate the driver, but what if the wagon was struck in the back?
As far as I can tell from experience it is going to depend on how your wagon is built. If you are just using the model of a wagon with the passengers declared to be 'on' it, then you really need a house rule. (Actually, most people are of the opinion that House Rules are best for dealing with wagons.)

If you have a wagon model that allows you to place models in it, then a passenger may attack a model that is adjacent to it. (see the next paragraph after the one you quoted above.)

Quote :
if a passenger was struck through the attacker rolling a three on the random target table (and then a natural 6 to hit!) could they strike back?
The random table is for shooting attacks (that's why it is located in the section for shooting). The rules for attacking a wagon in melee are on the next page (of the Town Cryer article).

Otherwise, if a passenger was attacked and was still standing, then yes they can attack back.

Quote :
What if the Wagon was moving?
See the rules for fighting from moving wagons, which are printed below the rules you quoted above about fighting from stationary wagons. These may not help you but they are there.

Again as far as I can tell from these rules as written, if a defender is 'adjacent' (the attacker is touching the wagon closest to the defending model) to an attacker, you may strike back.

Quote :
Its something that we could have easily house-ruled, but someone mentioned that one of the Town Cryers had rules covering it, but for the life of us we cant find them.
But you quoted them above? Not criticizing, just a little bemused.

These rules are found in Town Cryer #24 and in the Empire in Flames rulebook. Specifically they start with the rules quoted above and continue in the paragraphs below. Both publications may be found in various places on the web including the Yahoo Mordheim group and the Facebook Mordheim group. (You have to join to have access)

If you have a copy of the rules you quoted, then you have ALL the rules available.

Quote :
Oh and one last thing, whats that about needing a 6 to hit a model that is defending an obstacle, is that brought up anywhere at all? I cant seem to see it mentioned anywhere.
The 6s to hit rule for defended obstacles is an import from Warhammer Fantasy 6th edition rules. It first appears in the wagon rules for Empire in Flames and then appears later on in a scenario included in the encampments rules in one of the last TCs (28 or 29). It is a common flaw in GW rules that rules from one system are quoted in another system's expansions as though the rulebooks were the same, but of course they are not.
Back to top Go down

attacking from a wagon
Page 1 of 1