Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Averland Mercenaries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Averland Mercenaries Empty
PostSubject: Averland Mercenaries   Averland Mercenaries Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2016 - 0:47

Hi folks,
I started work on my new Averland warband tonight. I had made a band before but never got round to using them. I really liked some of the characters so will be making some new (halflings!) and some I'll just be touching up.

Here the are at present
Averland Mercenaries 27513832296_4e50ee63ef_k

Quite simple paint job with black and a very bright sunburst yellow from the old octagonal (?) Gw paints. Think I can do a little cleaner now but was quite happy with them at the time.
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Averland Mercenaries   Averland Mercenaries Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2016 - 10:38

Here's the new leader Captain Hendrik, dishonourably discharged for brawling with his superior officer he went home, snatched his father's greatsword and armour and headed out to make his riches in Mordheim.

Averland Mercenaries 27743051715_18c763e1b9

Not quite finished as he needs basing, I am wondering if he needs another colour in there too. Whilst I quite like the black leather look I don't know if perhaps brown straps might add something. What do you guys think? I thought I'd base him first to see how he looks then.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Averland Mercenaries   Averland Mercenaries Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:41

LOOKIN' GOOD! The black & gold color scheme needs more highlights to work by itself. Some touches of other colors would also add interest. The basic paint job does look TERRIFIC though. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Averland Mercenaries   Averland Mercenaries Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2016 - 14:02

Looking like a good start on the warband. I'm totally out of touch with the current ranges of color, etc., so I don't have a specific product in mind. But I like to finish off blocks of color with a wash or two to add interest and blend the highlights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Averland Mercenaries   Averland Mercenaries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Averland Mercenaries
Page 1 of 1