Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Go down 
+5
Admin Tom
WarbossKurgan
D34dB34t
Mike
Eliazar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 13:28

Hello people! I have seen a lot of (very... emotional) discussion popping up surrounding the release of Age of Sigmar. I never played Warhammer myself, but I thought that the new rules, while not really like the old Warhammer, might be fun to try - with just a few pages of actual rules and very flexible army building, I might finally finish up my pirates as a little army and give the game a shot Smile

Haven't read any of the fluff in detail yet, but from what I saw, it's rather weird, too bad they just ended the Old World with a big bang and moved the setting to some far and bizarre future.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2015 - 8:44

I haven't kept up with WHF since 5th edition besides models but I have seen some grumblings from some players about the changes. Not sure how much I like the the models for Sigmar's angelic host or whatever they are. Let us know how it plays!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2015 - 9:29

I think it will be some time before I get any chance of playing it, but I will Wink

Regarding the models, I am not too impressed (same with what I know of the backstory). The chaos marauders in the box look cool, but I am very sceptical about immortal fantasy Space Marines that descend from the heavens in bolts of lightning...
Back to top Go down
D34dB34t
Warrior
Warrior
D34dB34t

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2015 - 12:24

I think the models are awesome. I will be buying the box, might try the game, might not. But I can def use the models for mordheim warbands and NPCs for story driven campaigns. I plan on using the Sigarites as "Sons of Sigmar" and just using the sisters rules. Winged dude will be the auger!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2015 - 12:35

I've played one game of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and I love it.

It scales down really well, so Mordheim sized games are fast and fun. I can see that larger "mass battle" games will also work well so (no matter what Warseer tells you) the 4 pages of free rules and the zillions of Warscrolls are all you need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2015 - 22:13

Nice minis, I like the idea of a reboot, I even like the idea that AoS seems to be a fantasy version of 40K (why not?)

... that pricing though Shocked

Warhammer Age of Sigmar DAB2Dhu

Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 20:51

nope, nope, nope... I was rather dissapointed by the way they killed off all the previous fluff in the End Times, didn't bother with the new fluff but what I heard does not impress me.
I've plenty of skirmish to go around, I kept playing fantasy because of the tricky movement and challenges huge blocks of models pose.
The new models did not impress me as they appear to be rather unimaginatively sculpted "just slap a whole bunch of the same iconography on there, that 'll work." And the ankles are as big as their heads, making it look like kids toys, for a gazillion pounds per model.

I understand the need to change the game and make profit again, but I just can't get with them wrecking the world I loved to play my games in, and am worried I might not have enough time to finish my current armies in order to stick with the same model range before they go out of stock/line/favour. (I have a 10K high elf army to finish, a bunch of bretonnia to wrap up, some dwarfs to deal with and obviously all my human warbands need to become an empire army)

Now I may sound a bit like the rest of the flaming guys out there, but I just got too dissapointed when I read End Times - Khaine and it did not improve from there. - I'll probably try a few games, but my local group is already getting into 9th age to stick with the regular fantasy but fix the bugs.

Oh and Eli, it's a pity we never got that trial game in then last time I was in Copenhagen! Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:00

Ezekiel wrote:
I have a 10K high elf army to finish, a bunch of bretonnia to wrap up, some dwarfs to deal with and obviously all my human warbands need to become an empire army

Get an airbrush. Seriously.

If it is volume you are concerned about,, that is the answer. I have painted 5 small to medium sized armies for friends and myself in a couple of weeks weekends thanks to such a device.

I am hooked.

If you need advice on the type of airbrush etc don't hesitate.

Last edited by Admin Tom on Wed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:03

Proof:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150423_115139

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150516_222825

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150516_222941

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150516_222947

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150531_162328

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150531_162458

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150531_163055

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150531_163104

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150729_225844

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150729_225951

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150809_191839

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150809_191900

Warhammer Age of Sigmar IMG_20150809_191918

floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 21:39

empty tom

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 22:39

Just wait for it to load

floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2015 - 21:00

....äähhm, ja. Laughing

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2015 - 8:13

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Imag2011

It's not so much the volume, as most of it's painted, and I like painting them by hand, it's just that I'm rather short on time between 2 jobs, too many hobbies, my girl and friends all demanding attention Smile

Oh and I have an airbrush, but ever since my girl moved in and we actually made it a nice appartment, I haven't found a decent enough way to make a storable spraychamber which will stop the paint from getting into the entire appartment (didn't care much about that when I was here on my own still, but now the place is actually nice Smile)
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2015 - 15:54

Over on Lead Adventure Forum there is a thread devoted to rants about, against, in favor of G.W.. The rants against come & go, but there is a hard core of long time G.W. Fans who, while starting out with their objections to models, rule changes, various acts of unethical conduct, eventually shift their condemnation into acceptance & justification. I find it entertaining watching otherwise intelligent gamers justify their support for a company that long ago ceased to deserve it...I think it has to do with exposure at a formative stage of ones life.

As someone who has never entered one of their stores & has a very limited experience with their games, I generally view G.W., when I think of them at all, as that company that used to make cool miniatures & over time developed the same approach to business as Jesse James albeit without the guns. Life is more pleasant for moi when I simply deny their existence.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
The Nick
Champion
Champion
The Nick

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2015 - 11:14

It's a good game. Most of the grumblings come from 'hard core gamers' who were never interested in the fairness of the game so much as the 'illusion' of fairness (that is, if they played the most competitive of lists or thought that an undercosted unit cost and/or a typo in a book was 'strategy', that's who we're talking about).

Still, any complains about the lore changing are a bit weird, since...

1) the lore was ALWAYS changing between every edition (and every army book), with some lore even being 'disputed' from one book to the next

2) this is a Mordheim forum, which takes place CENTURIES before the last edition even started with a vastly different lore then. Mordheim is just as different, but love it or hate it, nobody complains about it 'being different'.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitimeTue 1 Dec 2015 - 10:57

WarbossKurgan wrote:
I've played one game of Warhammer: Age of Sigmar and I love it.

I've now played a lot more games and I still love it. In fact it's now my rules system of choice for any wargaming. I will be playing wh40k but when I do I will probably wish it was AoS.

It is one of those "Quick to learn, slow to master" games. There is a lot of depth that some people are overlooking.

As to the pricing... they haven't released anything I want to buy at the higher prices other than scenery, and that seems relatively fairly priced for what you get. We'll see what the Orruk & Grot prices are like when they eventually release them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Age of Sigmar   Warhammer Age of Sigmar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Age of Sigmar
Page 1 of 1