Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Model scales? 28mm v 32mm

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

Trading Reputation : 0

Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Empty
PostSubject: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015 - 11:47

Hi guys, I'm looking at some alternative models to go with some of my GW Chaos figures (Sorcerer Lord, Nurgle Chaos Lord & Gutrot Spume) and noticed that some are marked as 32mm. Is there much of a difference in the scales? I've measured the ones I've got but they seem oversized anyway. I believe that GW is classed as 28mm, but are they exactly that height in general?

Cheers,

Jed
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015 - 18:31

GW models are 28mm Heroic scale. In my experience its better to compare the actual models together from different manufacturers visually to see the scale differences, than by just what they list the scale at. Reaper Warlord is listed as 25mm Heroic but they are actually a larger model than GW. This works in some cases. I think a Chaos type would be fine slightly larger if you are ok with that. If you search on Lead Adventure forum Fantasy section you can find some nice size comparison posts about different manufacturers.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015 - 18:58

As far as I can tell miniature size is a deception game and nothing else. 32mm miniatures are obviously smaller in scale than 28mm and no one company produces a consistent line anyway. GW has gone to hero models being bigger and more heroic in scale than rank and file for years. With Reaper it really depends on the individual sculptor (as it probably does with GW, but they no longer advertise the sculptor). As Mike says Lead Adventure is an excellent resource for photographic scale comparisons.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeTue 21 Apr 2015 - 23:54

Just found a GW Empire figure and it measures 32mm...
Back to top Go down
Denzak
Hero
Hero
Denzak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015 - 4:12

Model scales? 28mm v 32mm 1bnSRXy

Model scales? 28mm v 32mm 6GovZBh

Hopefully this can give you an idea... But it does vary depending on the sculptor, as already mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr 2015 - 11:04

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Model scales? 28mm v 32mm   Model scales? 28mm v 32mm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Model scales? 28mm v 32mm
Page 1 of 1