Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

letters of the damned necrarch rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rory
Captain
Captain
rory

Trading Reputation : 0

letters of the damned necrarch rules Empty
PostSubject: letters of the damned necrarch rules   letters of the damned necrarch rules Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2015 - 15:02

Fellow Mordheimers,

Our local campaign is rebooting and I want to get back with my undead. I was wondering though, has anyone ever tried these necrarcch rules from the letters of the damned? https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_Ty1sYlA4UHVzWkU/edit?pli=1

Are they any good? It seems to be geared towards magic (fluff wise also). Your heroes can all choose from the academic skills. Otherwise your only henchman that can level are the weakened ghouls (faifs?). Has anyone played this list? And if yes how?

Regards,

Rory
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: letters of the damned necrarch rules   letters of the damned necrarch rules Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr 2015 - 23:55

Sorry for not replying to your other post, we've had the Necrarch in one of our campaigns. I didn't see any issues. It seams fine to me.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: letters of the damned necrarch rules   letters of the damned necrarch rules Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2015 - 4:50

The Soul Stealers have featured in several of our campaigns.

Quote :
Has anyone played this list? And if yes how?
Well yes I've played. How? Like it is written? Not sure what you are asking. Magic heavy? The warband can win melee fights early because of the two vampires, but once combat tested heroes appear you better have some good spells because the Necrarch can't grow into a combat beast and the henchmen are not going to do anything but die. In one campaign that featured a regular Undead warband versus the Soul Stealers the Necrarch regularly got creamed by the 'normal' vampire every time the 'normal' could lock it in melee.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: letters of the damned necrarch rules   letters of the damned necrarch rules Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2015 - 12:04

I have also played with them, they are quite fun.

Btw waifs are not ghouls, they are humans. More info on them and necrarchs can be found in shadow of the necrarchsm it has some nice ideas. but beware the book is terribly badly written, bordering on shit.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: letters of the damned necrarch rules   letters of the damned necrarch rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

letters of the damned necrarch rules
Page 1 of 1