Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

You're Fired!

Go down 
+3
Grimscull
Aipha
FireKnife
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FireKnife
Warrior
Warrior
FireKnife

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015 - 17:37

Ok, this about sums it up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df0k32UtdNA

So yes, I have not found a rule for this so I assume it isn't possible but does anyone allow players to fire warband members that just plain suck?

I mean, take their equipment back (except Toughened Leathers, yuck) into the Treasury and just let the wounded and battered member go.

Anyone ever done this or have your own way of house ruling it?

'FireKnife'
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015 - 17:50

FireKnife wrote:
does anyone allow players to fire warband members that just plain suck?

We do it all the time according to this rule:

Mordheim Rulebook p. 78 wrote:
You can also dismiss any warrior in your warband at any time.

I don't see much ambiguity in this, though I know people who do. It's actually quite common for us to just sack a leader at a convinient time.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeMon 16 Mar 2015 - 18:14

What Aipha said! (just adding my 2 Cents so you are more easily convinced by multiple answers). Razz
Just remember that you cannot re-buy most leaders. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
FireKnife
Warrior
Warrior
FireKnife

Personal Info

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2015 - 0:00

Hmm, somehow managed to miss that one. Maybe as I took the section as disbanding warbands and forgot the little bit that states individuals.

However now I am trying to find the 'daggers are assumed to be carried tucked into boots' and such part of the rules as one person is getting a bit hissy over WYSIWYG Wink

'FireKnife'
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2015 - 2:26

FireKnife wrote:
Hmm, somehow managed to miss that one. Maybe as I took the section as disbanding warbands and forgot the little bit that states individuals.

However now I am trying to find the 'daggers are assumed to be carried tucked into boots' and such part of the rules as one person is getting a bit hissy over WYSIWYG Wink

'FireKnife'

Page 121
Mordheim Rule book wrote:
The weapons you choose for your warriors must be represented on the models. This way your opponent will know what he is facing (and he will not be shocked to discover in the middle of the game that the warrior who looks like a Halfling with a bow is in fact an Ogre with a club!).

The exceptions to this rule are knives and daggers, which you may assume are tucked in boots or concealed in their clothes, if not actually represented on the model.
Back to top Go down
FireKnife
Warrior
Warrior
FireKnife

Personal Info

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2015 - 14:22

My book only goes up to page 120 which is the optional rules section on individual battles.

Which is where that ruling is so all is good. Means my stylised Zealots which look to be unarmed (it is meant to be that they are punching and battering the enemy to count as a pair of daggers) don't have to worry about me attaching actual daggers to each of them.

'FireKnife'
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeTue 17 Mar 2015 - 19:12

Yes, a warband member can be dismissed and/or fired at any time. I don’t believe the rules state if a fired member keeps his/her gear. Some groups play that he/she does. My group usually strips the member of his gear as a donation to the warband. You may have to discuss that with your group. If they say the member keeps it all, then just give that member 2 daggers and take the rest off, and send him in to battle as the point man until he’s killed.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2015 - 12:19

FireKnife wrote:
My book only goes up to page 120 which is the optional rules section on individual battles.

Which is where that ruling is so all is good. Means my stylised Zealots which look to be unarmed (it is meant to be that they are punching and battering the enemy to count as a pair of daggers) don't have to worry about me attaching actual daggers to each of them.

'FireKnife'

What kind of rulebook has only 120 pages? The optional rules don't start until p. 160 in my old printed copy. Of course in the printed rulebook the racial maximums are on p. 121...
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeWed 18 Mar 2015 - 22:42

The third PDF that i have for the living rulebook goes up to page 121 which are the rules for single battles and are quoted by PF above.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitimeThu 19 Mar 2015 - 1:03

Doh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

You're Fired! Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're Fired!   You're Fired! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're Fired!
Page 1 of 1