Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[BTB] Shornaal Rituals

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

[BTB] Shornaal Rituals Empty
PostSubject: [BTB] Shornaal Rituals   [BTB] Shornaal Rituals Icon_minitimeSat 4 Oct 2014 - 0:54

Quote :
Endless Torment Difficulty 9
Choose one enemy model within 8”. From now on the model must roll for injury –1 after it’s Recovery phase. For the duration of the Torment the Seer can do nothing else but end the spell at the beginning of his turn and if attacked in close combat, he is hit automatically and the spell breaks.

Does this mean that every single enemy gets free hits on him, or just the first hit, followed by the breaking of the spell? I'm guessing everyone, but ouch Razz

Quote :
Mystify Difficulty 8
Target enemy model within 8" will have their Initiative value reduced to 1 and will always strike last in close combat, even if they charge an opponent or are armed with a spear or pike and are charged themselves. This spell lasts until the target passes a Ld test during the recovery phase.

How does this work up against the Orc Shaman spell 'Led'z Go!'? It causes all Orcs within 4" to strike first regardless of anything.

Quote :
Thousand Voices Difficulty 8
Choose one enemy model within 12”. For the duration of the spell the model reduces it’s Ld by D3 +1 (to a minimum of 2) if it is not immune to psychology. The model must pass a Ld test at the beginning of it’s turn to end the spell. The spell breaks also when the Seer loses a wound. A thousand Voices can only enchant one model at a time.

I suppose the model may still use the Leader's Leadership for all tests?
Back to top Go down
Exterminans
Hero
Hero
Exterminans

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Shornaal Rituals   [BTB] Shornaal Rituals Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 9:43

Aipha wrote:
Quote :
Endless Torment Difficulty 9
Choose one enemy model within 8”. From now on the model must roll for injury –1 after it’s Recovery phase. For the duration of the Torment the Seer can do nothing else but end the spell at the beginning of his turn and if attacked in close combat, he is hit automatically and the spell breaks.

Does this mean that every single enemy gets free hits on him, or just the first hit, followed by the breaking of the spell? I'm guessing everyone, but ouch Razz

As the spells does not limit it to the first hit i would recommend to protect the seer very well Smile

Aipha wrote:
Quote :
Mystify Difficulty 8
Target enemy model within 8" will have their Initiative value reduced to 1 and will always strike last in close combat, even if they charge an opponent or are armed with a spear or pike and are charged themselves. This spell lasts until the target passes a Ld test during the recovery phase.

How does this work up against the Orc Shaman spell 'Led'z Go!'? It causes all Orcs within 4" to strike first regardless of anything.

As both spells says "strike first" or "strike last" respectively regardless of anything i would play it that both cancel each other, so just compare I values for striking order (thats when I1 comes in play, as otherwise this would have no effect).

Aipha wrote:
Quote :
Thousand Voices Difficulty 8
Choose one enemy model within 12”. For the duration of the spell the model reduces it’s Ld by D3 +1 (to a minimum of 2) if it is not immune to psychology. The model must pass a Ld test at the beginning of it’s turn to end the spell. The spell breaks also when the Seer loses a wound. A thousand Voices can only enchant one model at a time.

I suppose the model may still use the Leader's Leadership for all tests?

As this possibility is a basic game mechanism and is not excluded i think so too...

Greetings
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Shornaal Rituals   [BTB] Shornaal Rituals Icon_minitimeSun 5 Oct 2014 - 14:28

Exterminans wrote:
Aipha wrote:
Quote :
Mystify Difficulty 8

As both spells says "strike first" or "strike last" respectively regardless of anything i would play it that both cancel each other, so just compare I values for striking order (thats when I1 comes in play, as otherwise this would have no effect).

Initiative is just as important for climbing Razz I support this interpretation though!
Back to top Go down
Exterminans
Hero
Hero
Exterminans

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Shornaal Rituals   [BTB] Shornaal Rituals Icon_minitimeMon 6 Oct 2014 - 8:28

Of course you're right. To be honest i do not have that many terrain features so we never really played 3D...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Shornaal Rituals   [BTB] Shornaal Rituals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[BTB] Shornaal Rituals
Page 1 of 1