Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

More Dwarfs...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

Trading Reputation : 0

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitimeSat 6 Sep 2014 - 21:17

Ahoy hoy, thought I'd wander over from Dakka and pick your brains as it seems the biggest concentration of Mordheimers live here Smile

So aye, I've managed to convince a new group I've joined to start up a Mordheim campaign(chiefly because I'm providing the warbands and terrain to begin with until they see if they enjoy it, hah), but I'm having a wee hitch when it comes to my own band. I'm going with Dwarfs, but the thing is we're all pretty heavily focused on the modelling/fluff side of the hobby and my desire to build Dwarfs in the first place was driven by Scibor's minis and the characters I could build around them. That leaves me a bit stuck with building the list however, since I don't have a totally free choice in equipping them. I've read the general advice, but it's been so long since I've played the game myself I'm hoping you guys can give me some direction on which models to start out with, which optional extra equipment to take, which models I should add to the starter band first when I get the cash etc. I should note we'll be playing with a fair chunk of house rules including a -1 to hit penalty for the offhand if you dual-wield and a few other tweaks to make armour a bit less awful.

My "pool" is as follows;

Noble; has a greathammer, fancy breastplate which could be aesthetic or allow him to take heavy/gromril, and he's holding a helmet so that's an option.

Engineer; holding a large blackpowder weapon and a pistol, second pistol holstered, has a helmet on. I was thinking to start him off with a brace of pistols and search for a blunderbuss, but the larger weapon could also be a handgun if that would be a better option. Also has an axe slung on his back.

Slayer 1; greataxe.

Slayer 2; dual axes.

Three Rangers; hooded models with crossbows and axes, no helmets, but I could get away with arguing they have chainmail coifs in their bags/packs.

Two warriors; axe, shield, helmet and hammer(or sword, still to decide), shield, helmet.

Rememberer/Grudgebearer; axe and a banner(count as a club/mace), and has a chainmail coif so helmet is an option.

Miner; wields two mining picks(could count-as axes/dwarf axes?), helmet.

All the potential henchmen except the Miner have padded/splintmail-style clothing so could be equipped with light armour as well. My initial plan was;

Harek Sundrimsson, Noble - Great weapon, gromril armour, helmet; 185gc
Gorim Gorimsson, Engineer - Brace of pistols, helmet, free dagger, axe; 95gc
Mordin Doomseeker, Slayer - Great weapon; 65gc
Ulther Ulfarsson, Slayer - Dwarf axe, axe; 70gc

Drumin Grudgebearer, Clansman - Axe, club, helmet; 58gc
-------
473gc

But I can't think of much to do with the last 27gc other than give Ulther a second dwarf axe, and I'm wondering if I ought to drop the gromril armour entirely and pick up a Quarreller or a second Clansman, then give Harek a pistol and Drumin light armour with the leftovers. Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2014 - 3:41

I like the list, I like the idea of it being wysiwyg, and I like the scibor models.

One suit of Gromril from the start usually is a good idea. You max'ed out heroes, and put a few great weapons in there. This looks good.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Sep 2014 - 4:26

Welcome to the forum!

Dwarfs seem to be popular at the moment. Can't imagine why... More Dwarfs... 387809
All I got to say is that your current build forces you to lose a hero in order to rout. Always troubling.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2014 - 0:26

Von Kurst wrote:
All I got to say is that your current build forces you to lose a hero in order to rout.  Always troubling.

I was about to make the same point yesterday, but it seems I forgot. Your post reminded me to put this one (recommended by Von Kurst) up though. I don't have much time right of this moment, but I will see if I can tailor a warband that will fit your needs tomorrow, if this thread is bumped.
Back to top Go down
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitimeMon 8 Sep 2014 - 3:13

Thanks for the advice guys. On which basis, I made a couple of wee changes, see what you think;

Harek Sundrimsson, Noble - Hammer, gromril armour, helmet; 173gc
Gorim Gorimsson, Engineer - Pistol, helmet, free dagger, axe; 80gc
Mordin Doomseeker, Slayer - Great weapon; 65gc
Ulther Ulfarsson, Slayer - Dwarf axe, free dagger; 65gc

Drumin Grudgebearer, Clansman - Axe, club, helmet; 58gc
Brondi Yorrisson, Clansman - Hammer, shield, helmet; 58gc

499gc

Slightly downgrading the heroes' weapons allows me to fit in a second Clansman, I figure I can use the income from my first game or so to upgrade Harek back up to a greathammer, add back Gorim's second pistol, and grab a second dwarf axe for Ulther, then I can work on adding new henchmen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Dwarfs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Dwarfs...   More Dwarfs... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Dwarfs...
Page 1 of 1