Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Elves and Dwarfs

Go down 
+3
5pointer
Saranor
BalrogTheBuff
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 18:57

Why doe ladies tend to favor elves and men tend to favor dwarfs? (I guess I'm a bit odd though, I favor Orcs!)

First thought is along the lines of Dwarfs are gruff, tough and all about the 'bromance' and bad guy clubbing. And then Elves are all about pretty things, grace, and whatnot.

I prefer my elves like the elves from Tolkien. More Sidhe like and while graceful and beautiful, but utterly terrifying as well.
Back to top Go down
Saranor
Warlord
Warlord
Saranor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 21:32

We have it the other way.

My wife has her own Dwarfen warband and i have the elves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 21:48

I have 3 Dwarf warbands, but a 5,000pts High Elf army as well so I'm not sure what that says about me... Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 23:27

5pointer wrote:
I have 3 Dwarf warbands, but a 5,000pts High Elf army as well so I'm not sure what that says about me... Shocked

I would say that indicates that you are secure in your masculinity. thumbsup
Girls seem to be drawn to the Pointy Eared Ones because they are stylish, attractive, & maintain their good looks through out their oh-so-long lifetimes. I like the Sidhe/Seely Court image of the Elves...capricious & decidedly dangerous. Quite a lot of Guys view them as gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide. Suspect

Dwarves have a Tail Gate Party mystique that appeals to Guys & repels the Ladies. drunken

Being attracted to the finer things in life, I am, of course, a Goblin Guy. clown
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeTue 16 Aug 2011 - 0:34

Actually, I am not at all inlcined towards dwarfs and think elves rock. They got style, but dwarfs?! Perhaps they are for guys who wear checkered shirts with short sleeves Wink

(Yes, short sleeves on a shirt (as in one with buttons and collar) should never even have been invented!)
Back to top Go down
Daithiking

Daithiking

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:38

I like the elves for their quickness and skill with the bow, my brother on the other hand is mad into the dwarfs! I'd be reading rules (to get an edge on the better players, with obscure weapons and hired swords Laughing ) and he looks over my shoulder and says "anything to do with dwarfs?" lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/daithi.harvey1
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitimeSat 3 Dec 2011 - 5:32

Very different appeals. For me, I'm a huge dwarf fan, though I don't see them as the tail gaiters. I really dig their stoicism (we're not a dying race, we'll retake Karaz Ankor any year now!), duty, honor, and complete horror at losing face. The concept of a dwarf digging his heels when he knows he is wrong and dying rather than admit a mistake because he can't stand the shame is appealing to me.

Elves are great too, except for the dark elves. High Elves have this sense of danger to them. Ruthless imperialists down to the last one. I see their courts as being a dangerous place to be, and their foreign policies to be devoid of ethics. They won't help you because it is the right thing to do, they'll do it because it helps them. And if a few thousand humans die, does it really matter? As long as there are enough left to hold back the tides of chaos, then what are a few thousand deaths here and there. It isn't like they live long enough anyways to be worth actually knowing. Heck, by the time you blink they are already dying of old age, so what's the point? And the worst part of it all, is that when they look down at you, you know exactly why...

Wood Elves. Completely foreign mindset. Almost germanic in their casual cruelty towards those who enter the forest. Leave offerings by the trees, create fey dolls and put them in your cribs, and pray to the gods that they don't steal your children. But their not evil. They are just not human.

But Dark Elves? Evil for the sake of being evil is just boring and unrealistic. That said, it is a common problem for GW, in that their "good guys" are an interesting shade of gray, while their bad guys twirl their mustaches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elves and Dwarfs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves and Dwarfs   Elves and Dwarfs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elves and Dwarfs
Page 1 of 1