Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband

Go down 
+7
maxxev
Morghot
JoaoS
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
DeafNala
Von Kurst
Seikilos
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:07

So I got a package today containing some hasslefree dwarfs.

They really are small. As soon as I can, I will make a photo with one of my gors.

But it seems I don't even have to mix minitarues of different manufacturers in one band. The package says "Hasslefree" but they have the small metal-beam on there feet. And THIS says "Red Box Games"...

;-)

(But for a hired sword I bought an halfling scout, too. And he is really(!) tiny, compared to the tiny dwarfs. He really isn't even half the height of my gors....)
Back to top Go down
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:27

So here are some photos of my new achieved miniatures:

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P1080421w8c4bpo2sn

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P1080422f3opat9qrm

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P1080423vrjw7yg25k

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P1080424yjxt3ouqg6

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P10804255olv80gdxy

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 P1080426n5yza2emdo

The dwarf left and in the middle i ordered as "hasslefree", but as i wrote above the metal-beam says "Red Box Games", so they totally are going to fit my Red Box Order!

The female slayer dwarf right is really by hasslefree.

The halfling scout is this model by reaper

The beast in the middle is going to be my minotaur. Not THAT big, but with a nice base clearly larger than my gors. It's Brunchaath the Vile, Tain of the Gabrax by Darklands / Mierce miniatures
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr 2014 - 20:48

Beastly Guys, Dwarfs, & Halfling...they are all WONDERFUL minis. Have FUN with the painting et al!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr 2014 - 14:05

At first I was all one manufacturer only. Mainly because I just didn't like the look of the other non gw models. For the most part, I still am but that's a personal choice. No a days the non gw models have gotten a lot better and I have seen a lot of mixing different models from different manufacturers to great effect. And with a game like Mordheim, it works pretty good.

I would for the most part, stay away from prepainted models like heroclixs and mage. They just don't look right next to standard, self painted models like reapers and gw models.
Back to top Go down
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2014 - 16:35

So today I got my order from the UK containing Red Box dwarfs!

I was aware, that dwarfs are short.
I knew, Hasslefree dwarfs are really small.

But Red Box dwarfs. They are really, really tiny. I'm not even sure, how to combine them with hasslefree-dwarfs. The noble can't be smaller than all of his clansmen?!

Going to glue them on bases and giving you pictures in my other thread today or evtl. tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2014 - 22:27

Well, we did kind of warn you. Wink

I'm very guilty of all the mixed stuff I have in my collection - I obsessively collect dwarves, orcs and goblins, so there is quite an inconsistent variety in here.

On the other hand, you could have different warbands using all your various manufacturers (for example, a whole warband just using Red Box dwarves). Or you can have a warband of adventurers with mixed races where you only have one human, one dwarf, one halfling, etc. That way, you wouldn't have the reference of other dwarves that could make your Red Box ones look too tiny.

By the way, I really like that halfling in the picture. I might get one for myself and use him as one of the kids in my medieval town.

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2014 - 22:53

Yeah, you kind of warned me ;-)

But I'm not sure, how stupid it's going to look. I'm going to paint them though and play them that way. And then I will see, how it works and how it looks!
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr 2014 - 23:00

You could used the red box dwarfs as halfings for Empire in Flames stuff (bearded halfings...).
Back to top Go down
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2014 - 10:13

No, I'm just going to use them as regular dwarfs. For my gaming group it's okay. If it looks weird while playing, perhaps I think of someone else.
Back to top Go down
mudboy
Champion
Champion
mudboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2014 - 10:46

Where's that beastman on the blue and yellow stuff from? He look's awesome!
Back to top Go down
Seikilos
Veteran
Veteran
Seikilos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2014 - 11:47

Hi,

his name is Brunchaath the Vile, Tain of the Gabrax.

He is from Mierce Miniatures - Darklands - Fomoraic. (It also sayd so in a sentence under the picture ;-) )

I thought of using him as a minotaur, but the more I think of it, the more I'm sure he's to small for that. Going to use a minotaur also by Mierce for it...
Back to top Go down
mudboy
Champion
Champion
mudboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr 2014 - 13:17

So it does! Where did I put those glasses...

He would be perfect as a Chieftan.

Thanks Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband   Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mixing miniatures of different manufacturers in one warband
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2