Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Empty
PostSubject: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014 - 18:39

Yesterday my friend and I played a friendly game of Mordheim. Unfortunately, my Engineer dagger-critted his best Hero and send him smashing to the ground. This was followed by a roll of Multiple Injuries on the chart. Two of the three rolls he made was Deep Wound & Smashed Leg (where he rolled a 6).

The two Serious Injuries are described like this:

Quote :
35 DEEP WOUND
The warrior has suffered a serious wound and must miss the next D3 games while he is recovering. He may do nothing at all while recovering.

Where he rolled a 2, resulting in 1 missed game.
And:

Quote :
25 SMASHED LEG
Roll again: 1 = The warrior may not run any more but he may still charge. 2-6 = The warrior misses the next game.

Where he, as previously mentioned, rolled a 6 and thus misses the next game.

The question is, does he
A: Miss the next game only, as both caused him to miss 1/next game.
B: Miss the two next games, as they stack causing him to miss next game plus the following.
Back to top Go down
Major Sharpe
Champion
Champion
Major Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014 - 20:55

I don't see any evidence in the RAW that they would stack. Furthermore, if you consider it as a real life scenario, let's say he's been stabbed in the shoulder and dislocated his ankle. These wounds are relatively independent of one another, and should heal on their own.

I'd say he misses the next game only.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014 - 21:48

Heh! I think I would agree with Major Sharpe. The hero will miss the next game which would then satisfy all three rolls. RAW says nothing about stacking. He got lucky.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeWed 29 Jan 2014 - 22:12

Thanks for your responses. That was the result we agreed on as well, but it's always nice with some backup! Wink
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014 - 1:57

Interesting. So if you suffer two chest wounds do you only lose -1 T? Or two hand injuries? If you survive against the odds twice while rolling for multiple injuries do you only gain +1 Exp? Suspect 

We hardy citizens of Indianapolis would see that the git missed two full games and would cackle manically while reading the injury results.  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
Major Sharpe
Champion
Champion
Major Sharpe

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014 - 4:08

Far be it from me to argue with the Venerable Von Kurst, but there's a significant difference between those situations.

A model suffering two chest wounds could very well lose -2T, and a model suffering an injury to each hand could lose -2WS. I once had a model lose two eyes to multiple injury rolls, and he was dead for sure. The character has two eyes, 3 toughness, or a chest/hands that can be injured in multiple ways.

The difference is that both injuries cause the character to lose "next game". There is only one next game.

I return to the example of having multiple areas of the body injured. Both of these wounds are apparently minor enough that they'll be fully healed if a hero stays off his feet for a few days. One wound won't wait for the other to finish healing before it starts healing.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014 - 4:33

I definitely would have Chest Wounds, Surving Against the Odds and other rolls stack.

However, I still agree with Major Sharpe. For me the wording is "next game" which will be achieved after only missing a single game regardless of the number of rolls generated that result. Of course I would not be opposed to having the hero miss multiple games as long as my gaming group had a consistent approach to the issue (and maybe missing multiple games is a more 'simple' solution because it aligns with stacking the other rolls that can occur).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014 - 4:57

Major Sharpe wrote:
Far be it from me to argue with the Venerable Von Kurst,

Oh go right ahead, everyone else does  Very Happy 

I do miss being a Venerable Ancient which I thought quite appropriate. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games   Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stacking Serious Injuries involving missed games
Page 1 of 1