Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Empty
PostSubject: BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?   BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 2:37

Hi a player in our campaign was asking if the poison OOA/Death by poison ( and I guess target eliminated) apply to hired swords? I think it pretty clearly says Hero as a requirement, and they're not the same but I thought I'd ask for fairness sake?

Also I was wondering about black lotus, if you need a 6 to hit (because of a failed fear test, or from shooting modifiers) does it still auto wound? Same goes for nurgles rot?

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?   BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 4:05

Yup! The rules do clearly state the word 'Hero'. Not much room for debate there.study 
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?   BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 5:30

Yes, Black Lotus would still automatically wound when rolling a 6 to hit even though it is the only roll that will result in a successful hit in some scenarios (e.g. when a fear test is failed). I say this simply because the rules don't say otherwise.

The rules for Nurgle's Rot were changed in the Errata. I have included the relevant quote below. Unfortunately the Empire in Flames PDFs have not been updated with the Errata.
Quote :
Page 66, Nurgle’s Rot
Change the fifth sentence to read:
"If the Tainted One makes a successful to Wound roll of a 6 with any of his hand-to-hand attacks, the target model will contract the Rot (note: Nurgle’s Rot only affects the living, so Undead, Daemons and Possessed are immune)."
This means that your question no longer applies to Nurgle's Rot because it now comes into effect on the 'to wound' roll and not the 'to hit' roll.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?   BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jul 2013 - 7:28

Wow, I've read the errata a couple of times, missed that one, makes more sense that way, thanks Rational
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?   BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB Silent threat - poisoning hired swords?
Page 1 of 1