Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Anyone use this Strigoi list?

Go down 
+4
Von Kurst
Goglutin
folketsfiende
gorenut
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 7:29

The reason I see the strigoi as weakened in the addon is the fact that he gets no equipment, no weapon, no armour no items. It's the same with the ghoul hero, nothing for him either. That does weaken the warband. Oh I believe the strigoi counts as fighting with claws, like a ghoul.

The necrarch warband loses their best fighter in exchange for magic. Can be usefull, can also mean they have no good fighter left.

Of course you can modify the rules as you want. However it seems a bit like taking the good parts and leaving out the bad. I would say you have to take or leave the whole package.
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 17:17

I think all heroes should have accsess to equipment. I don't think the rules were meant to be otherwise as it can be a huge disadvantage to not use equipment at all... weapons/armour i'm fine with not being able to use.

I think it balances fine with the use of equipment... mind this is with never playing with or against this list.

Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 18:07

Alex wrote:

Of course you can modify the rules as you want. However it seems a bit like taking the good parts and leaving out the bad. I would say you have to take or leave the whole package.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but I think not being able to hire anyone or taking weapons/armor is already a significant disadvantage. I think in the spirit of fluff though, Strigoi are allowed to take other items. Perhaps whoever made the list only thought of balance in the immediate sense when creating the warband, but didn't think things through for campaigns in the long-run.... or he could have just not been the best at wording/clarifying rules.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 20:12

As a side note.. few of you have mentioned Werekin's Strigoi list. I tried clicking on your link Werekin but don't see any rules for it. Can someone direct me? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 21:21

gorenut wrote:
As a side note.. few of you have mentioned Werekin's Strigoi list. I tried clicking on your link Werekin but don't see any rules for it. Can someone direct me? Thanks.
His rules are not released yet. However, the warband focuses on the human stringany rather than on the strigoi vampire directly. As a result they may or may not be what you want anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 22:37

RationalLemming wrote:
gorenut wrote:
His rules are not released yet. However, the warband focuses on the human stringany rather than on the strigoi vampire directly. As a result they may or may not be what you want anyway.

Thats the one thing I like about Strigoi.. the drastic differences in the different vampires themselves. I like that some are so far-gone and feral that only ghouls flock around them.. I also like the ones based around tragedy and losing their once-great kingdom. From some of the fluff, they seemed to have treated their human underlings better than some of the other bloodlines and as a result they still have loyal followers that help caravan them from place to place, doing anything to reclaim the former glory of their dark masters.
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:17

As far as the original list I posted
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B18J5DU-6cP_bmlNaFFISnpJMWc/edit

I know many have expressed that mainly the spells and Fellbats might be OP.. but do you guys think the list would be balanced if I were to just use the standard Undead spells and replaced Fellbats with Zombies?
Back to top Go down
gorenut
Veteran
Veteran
gorenut

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Feb 2013 - 22:50

Goglutin wrote:
I also have an itch against the CURE OF THORNS spells... it seems really too powerful.

Just imagine you have 3 character stunned/knocked down and that you're facing High wounds ennemies (Trolls, Ogre...) It just seem pretty unfair to Stun a 3 wound ennemy without a chance for him to escape while you raise up your warriors...

Any other spells on that list you find unbalanced? I was thinking of modifying that last spell so that it causes wounds instead (possibly using the casters strength as the base) rather than let it be an automatic knockdown. If they fail their save, they get knocked down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone use this Strigoi list?   Anyone use this Strigoi list? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone use this Strigoi list?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2