Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Reiklander marksmen question

Go down 
+2
Jerry_O
Spectre76
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Reiklander marksmen question Empty
PostSubject: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 15:54

I had a friend come up to me with some questions about using Reiklanders in our up-coming campaign, and he brought up a good point. According to the RAW, henchmen can only advance a stat by one point, but with the Reiklander Marksmen's +1 to their BS, does that mean they can get up to BS 5? Or does that mean that they still can get a max BS of 4, and have to take the WS upgrade if that result comes up? I told him that it was the first, but I just want to make sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Jerry_O
Captain
Captain
Jerry_O

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 16:02

I would say they can get BS 5 because they dont advance +1 in BS when you create the warband, they´re just getting it for free.

Just my oppinion
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 18:07

Jerry-O has it right as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Zargon the Black
Captain
Captain
Zargon the Black

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jan 2013 - 23:47

What jerry_O said is how i would play it as its up to the max stat of the race... for humans thats BS6
Quote :
Henchmen never add more than +1 point to any of their initial characteristics. If the dice roll indicates an increase in a characteristic which has already been increased (or is at its racial maximum), roll again until an unincreased characteristic is rolled. All warriors in the group gain the same advance.
Its a wording problem again... technically it has already been increased just not by a roll... however i wouldnt play it that way
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 0:19

The +1BS for Rieklander Marksman is a starting bonus for playing that Warband. So yes, they can get additional increase with an advancement making it a BS 5. And if that Henchman becomes a Hero, and gets an additional BS increase again, yes, he could get a BS 6.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 0:45

Agree with everybody else. Reikland marksmen start as BS4 and, therefore, are eligible for the +1BS advance (like everyone else) that takes them to BS5.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jan 2013 - 1:30

Ok, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure. Been playing for a while, but it's still funny how something comes up that I never really thought about before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reiklander marksmen question   Reiklander marksmen question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiklander marksmen question
Page 1 of 1