Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Empty
PostSubject: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 11:11

one of the lads on a Kiwi forum showed us this Project. and it looks great I know your all going to tell me:

1: international postage is $45USD
2: the dam game is not released until November 2013 [yup thats correct 1 YEAR before you'll play the game]

but here is what your getting:

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER 45dd760603e06a89a28556c585d4beff_large

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER 91dca8dd62fe82095bf05519cfecfb2b_large

the whole story line is totally different and amazing... go have a look:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster

Cheers
GreyWolf

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Minichart
Back to top Go down
http://greywolfgames.blogspot.co.nz/
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 12:25

I just checked out their website (http://kingdomdeath.com/home.html)
they got some seriously cool minis!
I'm super bummed they are in 35mm scale Sad
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 14:00

Finally! Yeah, it is a shame the miniatures are in 35mm scale... nonetheless, the resin stuff is simply incredible - I got myself a couple of miniatures just to check them out, but had to increase my collection immediately afterwards, because the character and detail is simply superb.

I'm really looking forward to this game, and am delighted you can also play it alone Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 15:37

Actually I don't see the slightly larger size as a problem with Kingdom of Death minis. The pieces have such a unique style that mixing them with other minis, even if of the same size, wouldn't work very well. For moi the large minis are easier on my old eyes.
The turn off for moi is the price of the KoD range. With their Kickstarter & Kickstarters in general, plucking down $s for things that won't be out for a year or so is more appealing for younger Guys. The allure of adding more minis to the thousands that I won't live to paint isn't all that alluring...of course, I have an extension bid in with THE MAN. clown
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 21:15

I am really impressed by this KS project currently on $164,088 and still DAY ONE!!!! WTF

that is truly amazing stuff

and the extra add ons are really nice.

GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
http://greywolfgames.blogspot.co.nz/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 1:26

I just got a little time on my hands and didn't feel like doing anything, so I decided to read through some forum comments on the KS, and it somehow sheds a lot of light on the "vocal minority, silent majority" issue often surrounding the latest KS projects etc. Even though the KS did incredibly well so far and I've never seen any project accumulating such a crazy amount of money so fast, all the places are covered in "shipping's too high, you're not getting the proper value for your money", and so on.

Fortunately, Adam keeps a cool head, considering that he's a one man company doing this all on his own, I can understand why he's going for a realistic approach to cost and reward. Still hope he's gonna find a way to ship to Europe from Europe, not only because of the shipping cost, but especially because of the usual hassle with customs and tax.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitimeTue 4 Dec 2012 - 14:52

Hello folks!

The KD kickstarter is doing really well, and I just wanted to tell you that Adam (the creator) released the first of a 3 part gameplay video series, with this one focussing on combat. Check it out here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts/362036

The project has finally slowed down to a more normal speed after a furious start, but I guess everyone is quite happy with that (saves on possible options you'd want to buy, and Adam gets some time to actually plan and do stuff). Two monster expansions have already been released, and a third will come at 500K, which is likely not too far away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER   Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Kingdom of Death: MONSTER
Page 1 of 1