Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warband Objectives

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Trading Reputation : 0

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 10:31

So, I'm about to start a Mordheim online campaign. We've got 4 players so far, (3 Bretonnian players: Chapel Guard, Knights Errant and Bretonnian Knights) and 1 dwarf player. I wrote up some objectives for everyone, and would like some feedback on them. The campaign will be starting on the following Monday.

+1 CP for playing a game
+1 CP for winning a game
+1 CP for having your leader take an enemy hero OOA, who was not knocked down or stunned.
+1 CP for passing 3 rout tests during the game
+1 CP for an act of heroism, as determined by both players

The Grail Quest
- May be taken by any warband led by a Bretonnian knight
5 CP: The Oath Taken: Such is the esteem that the knight is held in, he gets +6'' to his 'leader' range. If he is taken OOA, all models in the warband will hate the model who did the deed.
10 CP: Vision from the Lady: The knight who took the oath may re-roll 1 die roll during the game, or if it is not used, after the game.
20 CP: Blessed by the Lady: All knights in the warband count as having lucky charms. If they already have lucky charms, the lucky charms work on a 3+.
30 CP: Supped from the Grail: One knight in the warband (player's choice) becomes a grail knight. He gains magical attacks, becomes immune to psychology, gains +1 Ld (can take him above racial maximum), and gains a 4+ save against magic. He may no longer search for rare items, for he is now beyond such trifles. Players should no longer even think about doing anything dishonorable.
40 CP: Oath Fulfilled: The grail knight wins the campaign, settling down to guard one of the Lady's holy areas.

The Path to Knighthood/Freedom
- May be taken by any warband led by a Bretonnian Knight, or Bowmen of Bergeac (as they are trying to free the land from 'oppression'
5 CP: Oath Taken: So determined is he to prove himself, the leader is immune to fear when charging
10 CP: Land Claimed: Peasants cost 1gc per point of xp, not 2gc
20 CP: Trained: When rolling to determine how much xp is available for new hires, you may re-roll 1d6. The second result stands. This represents the knight/rebel having a body of locals whom can be trained and drafted into service.
30 CP: Loyalty Earned: All peasants within the 'leader' range may re-roll failed psychology tests
40 CP: Fiefdom Gained: The fiefdom has been claimed, defended and secured. The warband wins the campaign

Enemy of the Realm
- Any evil warband, any warband led by a knight
5 CP: Oath Taken: The leader has sworn to strike at Bretonnia/Defend Mousillon from the King and Fey Enchantress. He hates all knights who are not also enemies of the realm.
10 CP: Blessing of the Gods: The leader may re-roll 1 die roll during the game, or if it is not used, post game
20 CP: Dark Presence: All heroes now cause fear. If they already caused fear, then foes get -1 Ld on fear tests against them
30 CP: False Grail Found: The warband finds the false grail of Mousillon. One hero may drink from it. If there is a knight in the warband, it must be drunk by a knight. He gains magical attacks, becomes immune to psychology, gains +1 Ld (can take him above racial maximum), and gains a 4+ save against magic. He may no longer search for rare items, for he is now beyond such trifles. The player should not even think about allying with a warband that has a damsel/white lady.
40 CP: Defiled Shrine: The warband strikes at the heart of Brettonia itself, by defiling one of the lady's shrines. The warband wins the campaign.

For the Glory of Gold
-Any neutral warband
5 CP: Connected: The warband gains +1 to all rarity rolls
10 CP: Deep Pockets: The extra +'x'd6 gc when buying rare items is reduced by 1. (ie: If an item costs 20+2d6gc, it now costs 20+1d6. Naturally, if an item only costs 20gc, then it won't be reduced).
20 CP: Steady Income: The warband gains +1d3 gc after each game for each hero who did not go OOA
30 CP: Black Market: The warband may buy items normally only usable by other warbands (ie: Sigmarite warhammers, warplock pistols, etc). Heroes still need the correct skill to use said items.
40 CP: Early retirement: The warband has raised/stolen enough money for its leader to retire early. Key word, leader.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 18:36

I like a lot of it (also like seeing 3 diffrent Bretonnian bands).

Will this be in addition to the BtB objectives? over all I think it will work with those (at least most of them).

few things I would change.

+1 CP for an act of heroism, as determined by both players
Maybe something more clear; like if a hero fought against a large model alone or was outnumbered 3:1... both easy to define acts of bravary.

for your 40CP mile stone I would add conditions into it.
example:
TGQ: make a senario that is opened up at some point that the player must deffend a shrine of the Lady from being defiled.
EotR: Same mission as TGQ only they must be the attacker.
in both you can make there be some exact objective with in the quest like prevent the enemy from entering the Temple or get into the Temple and make off with an artifact.

PoK: maybe have them have to play a scenario much like in BtB's big battle where they must deffend a village from being sacked (could even have it have above said Temple in it you like) and prevent the Town from being sacked (3 buildings burnned?)

FGoG: maybe a set amount of gold set aside in the heroes pockets (500) or an amount of artifacts/rare items?

over all I like it. I think it would be cool if each objective also had it's own unique ways to gain CP but that isn't as big a deal.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:25

Thank you for the comments. These will be the only objectives in the campaign.

So, perhaps when a warband reaches 40CP, they can play the final scenario? And when they win it, they win the campaign.

Ex: TGQ (defend the shrine)
EotR (attack the shrine)
PtK (Defend the village)
FGoG (Loot the village)

This makes everything more or less 'fair', in that with the four players we each have a natural enemy. One attacker, one defender.

When making these objectives, fairness is really at the top of my list. I don't want to give any warband an unfair advantage, nor make life too difficult for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 20:29

That works for the campaign. After all odds are that you will have a tie some place in all of this and it would act as a tie breaker.

I look forward to seeing the results of this campaign. Hope it works out.

edit: maybe for the FGoG objective they have to search the buildings for loot and get a set amount of loot. Much like the scenario where you have to find the tresure chest (hidden treasure; p90 of rule book). This may fit fluff wise better and at the same time give them a physical goal.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 21:56

A good idea. I just updated the thread (http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=2&id=131375#131375) as per your suggestions.

So far what we have:

Knights Errant: Enemy of the Realm
Bretonnian Knights: Path to Knighthood
Chapel Guard: Undecided (I hope he picks the Grail Quest!)
Dwarf Treasure Hunters: For the Glory of Gold

The only house rule we are using is that heavy armor costs 25gc and light armor costs 10gc (armor should be more readily available in Bretonnia than in Mordheim). And so far, with the warbands created, we have every knight with light armor or heavy armor. So I'm pretty happy with the way things are looking.

Also, if anyone wants to join us, please feel free to do so. The more the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 22:13

A Roundtabler! Haven't been on there in ages.
*shameless plug* Banner in my sig is a game that was created by a member of the Round Table and it's first run was 100% members. Now we just have a few of the old members there. Just thought i would plug it Wink

Sounds a reasonable house rule there.

where will you be based out of (game wise) to have others join?
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 22:23

Not sure what you mean on based out of. The first time I took part in a Mordheim campaign online, we had a player from the UK and another from Sweden. So we're not really based out of anywhere.

It's just Mordheim rules, using an online dice roller to send confirmed dice rolls via email. And for this campaign, we'll be using battle chronicler for making maps/models/measurement. Take a look at page 2 of the thread to see some examples of the maps we'll likely be using.

(also, I'll give a look into your sig)
So, it's a strategy game. It looks pretty epic, like you created your own world.
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 23:39

Ah it's an online Mordheim game. never done that before. Will check it out soon (not for a few days).
Am interested in at least looking into it.

It is a strategy game with it's own world.
Back to top Go down
Grumbaki
Knight
Knight
Grumbaki

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 23:48

No real rush. I'm hoping to have the campaign start on Monday, and each game will have 1 week to play. If you'd like to join, then post your warband here:

http://www.roundtable-bretonnia.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=87&func=view&catid=11&id=131439#131439
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 17:10

I was thinking that it may be a bit hard to find victory in a scenerio with 4 diffrent victory conditions for 4 players... meaning yes it's easy to say that Faction A wins by taking an item off the board (Temple) or Faction B wins by taking a diffrent item off the board... for both these it's easy. The problem is the defenders as the guys who have to defend the village are ok with Faction A winning because if they win then they do as well.

So

Make it simple and just make 2 winning conditions that apply to all factions.
Defend the Temple: This applies to both "good" factions
Defile/loot the Temple: FGoG & EotR... take sacred artifact out of the temple and off the board.

Granted both "good" could win this scenario well only one "evil/neutral" can win but the good factions can have there objective made harder in another way as well... at least to win.
this could be some "noble bragging rights" victory condition where the "good" warband that takes the most attackers OOA wins (only if "good" wins in defending the Temple/shrine). In the event of a tie then most heroes taken OOA, if still a tie the most enemy leaders. if still a tie then it's shared victory.

end result is odds are that the good will work together but still want to snip kills from eachother (making it easier for the attackers as they are wanting indavidual victory) and at the same time the attackers are also wanting to not work too closelly together but will still work together to some degree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warband Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warband Objectives   Warband Objectives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warband Objectives
Page 1 of 1