Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New Objectives

Go down 
+2
cianty
Rudeboy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jun 2010 - 21:36

I have been thinking about Objectives that could be played in Mordheim proper or in other senarios such as BTB.

The First one that came to mind was a senario that Skaven could play that would be all about hording Warp Stone.

The second was an objective that would be all about killing people and collecting zombies. Then destroying a village.

The third was all about Dark Elves inflicting as much damage as they could on all other races.

So far my favorite is the Zombies. The idea is that as you killed enemies you would get more Zombies, and I was thinking about an objective level that would allow Zombies the ability to Run and/or gain exp most likely at the same rate as Ogres.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jun 2010 - 23:30

Hmm... I like the thought of a Necromancer accumulating a horde of zombies... This may be used in MiM...
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 0:11

Witch Hunters seem to be all the rage at the moment, so how about one for them? They could need to destroy a number of Spell Casters, Cultists or supernatural creatures (undead, daemons, possessed, mutants, etc.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 12:35

cianty wrote:
Hmm... I like the thought of a Necromancer accumulating a horde of zombies... This may be used in MiM...

MiM?

I'd also like to see objectives for Mordheim and EIF. I like some of the ideas that have been battered around these forums over other topics too, like Vlad Von Carestein visiting Mordheim, or how about a massiv skaven warp engine/bomb or something as a final skaven objective?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 13:44

Thomas UK wrote:
MiM?

BTB follow-up
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 15:32

One of the Objective bonus I was thinking about would be a play on The Damned Shall Burn, and Silent Threat. Instead of having to force a route, or defeating some one in the Heist, at 35 CP you would gain an ability to be more effective at killing OOA models, and then at 40 CP if you have kill at least one model in each warband then you win.

Code name is Wrath of Khaine and it would be a Dark Elf Objective all about killing Non-Dark Elves.

I was debaiting between if an enemy model goes OOA then it just dies, or have the one with the lowest exp die, or they have to role twice on the injury table taking the lowest result. Something along those lines. Maybe put a restriction that only if you win then the Auto Kill works. The idea being that you look for the wounded, and kill them rather then letting them get away.

It would kind of be like the Damned Shall Burn in that the warband would be crippled, but not totally kicked-out of the champaign.

The only thing I worry about is that people won't find it fun to play against because you would be like a buzz saw cutting up other people's warbands. That is way I am debaiting the only if you win, and only the lowest Exp model taken OOA.

WarbossKurganIt could also be modified for Witch Hunters or Sisters.
Back to top Go down
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 17:16

cianty wrote:
Thomas UK wrote:
MiM?

BTB follow-up

heh, your keeping secret what it stands for then? New Objectives Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 17:33

Murder in Manchuria! Smile
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 17:35

Mayhem in Manchester (oh no, wait... that's just normal life!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeThu 3 Jun 2010 - 19:19

lol

Mutants impersonate Mandarins

or

Mandarins immolate Mutants
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 0:39

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Mayhem in Manchester (oh no, wait... that's just normal life!) Very Happy
I thought it was Mayhem in Morkchester?? Wink

Rudeboy wrote:
One of the Objective bonus I was thinking about would be a play on The Damned Shall Burn, and Silent Threat. Instead of having to force a route, or defeating some one in the Heist, at 35 CP you would gain an ability to be more effective at killing OOA models, and then at 40 CP if you have kill at least one model in each warband then you win.
I think that it would be good to transfer some of these objectives to Mordheim (or other settings... e.g. The Damned Shall Burn in Lustria) with as few changes as possible and instead just add new objectives for warbands that don't fit nicely under the existing objectives (e.g. Dwarf Slayer Pirates) or add new objectives to replace objectives that are tied too strongly to the BTB suppliment (e.g. Celestial Protectorate). Why re-invent the wheel? I think that the two objectives that you mentioned would work quite well in Mordheim even with forcing a rout or defeating someone in the Heist although any mention of chaos artifacts would obviously need to be tweaked.

I'm really hoping that MiM doesn't totally rewrite the objective system but instead introduces complimentary objectives. Sure there may be some improvements that can be made since BTB blazed a new trail with objectives but hopefully no major changes will be necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 11:43

LOL Ha ha ha! Those are some nice ideas for the title. In fact, you got one word right. Smile

Back to the objectives:
I wouldn't do anything that causes more severe Serious Injuries as this is just not fun and will certainly frustrate many players. Seriously, mutilating other Heroes is the worst thing you can do. It's the reason why people hate Nurgle's Rot (even without the prospect of certain doom). Thinking about this... How about something along these lines:

Dark Elves/Witch Hunters:
Marked: After the battle, if you won the game and your Leader was not taken out of action he engrave the symbol of Khaine/Sigmar on the foreheads of the defeated unconscious enemies. Each enemy Hero that was taken out of action during the battle is now marked and receives the Bitter Enmity rule (see Serious Injuries). You earn +D3 Campaign Points.

Interesting opinion about new objectives, Rational! I was actually going to take the opportunity to completely re-think the concept and I do have a few ideas on how to improve the system. At the same time I understand that it would be good to have the new objectives compatible with the ones from BTB.
Back to top Go down
Thomas UK
Champion
Champion
Thomas UK

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 12:46

cianty wrote:
LOL Ha ha ha! Those are some nice ideas for the title. In fact, you got one word right. Smile.

Was it 'in' ? New Objectives Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 13:08

Yeah. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2010 - 15:01

RationalLemming
I agree you don't want to reinvent the wheel. Right now I am just throwing out ideas, get people talking and thinking.

I think that you would want to take the BTB objectives and adapt them to other settings, and make some Objectives that would be setting specific, and/or could be applied to other settings with minor modifications.

The other thing is that I think you want to give a couple more options, that way if you play BTB more then once you could play a different objective.

The First time we played BTB I was Lizardmen/The Damned Shall Burn, this time I am Marauders/Scion of Chaos. The game has a completely different feel to them which is awesome.

There are other players that kept their same warband, but switched objective which they have had mixed feelings on, most of them are happy.

The Skaven player is a little worried because he actually won the first time with The Hidden Threat Objective, but he switched to Scourge of the Realm this time and has said it doesn't feel it is as good of a fit as The Hidden Threat.

cianty
I do like the marking idea. I think that would be a better balance then killing Heroes. I also like the Idea that Sisters and Dark Elves could have the same objective despite them being complete opposites on the Good/Evil Spectrum.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jun 2010 - 3:49

@Cianty... if the objective system is completely re-written/re-designed then that is fine because I know that it would be to improve on the system.

@Rudeboy... discussion is good and new ideas are good. I would love to see objectives for other settings as I don't know if I could go back to vanilla Mordheim without objectives of some sort for each warband to work towards and to define an ultimate winner. I wasn't meaning to attack your ideas but rather express that re-using some objectives when possible would save time importing objectives into new settings. I didn't express that very well though in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitimeMon 7 Jun 2010 - 16:37

@RationalLemming

I didn't think you were attacking my ideas, so no worries there. I just wanted to state that I was in the brainstorming process, so not all of my ideas are fully cooked.

I agree that after playing with objectives vanilla Mordheim would be hard to go back to. I was thinking that one of the reasons why BTB Objectives work so well is that they give your warband a clear narative. For example the Scions of Chaos you are outsiders coming to find the Chaos Artifacts, and then use them to destroy.

I think to make sucessful Mordheim or any other setting Objectives you would have to come-up with good narratives on why you warband is there, why would they stay, and what would they be doing while they are there? So something like Scions of Chaos won't work as well, you'd need to do a lot of tweeking to the core setting, but The Damned Shall burn wouldn't need any real changes.

Also I think with Mordheim you would focus more on the City, and finding things in the city, and going after wyrd stone shards from the comet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Objectives Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Objectives   New Objectives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Objectives
Page 1 of 1