Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New campaign rules

Go down 
+8
Lydor
Von Kurst
shotguncoffee
Spectre76
maxxev
Alex
Pervavita
werekin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

New campaign rules - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Sep 2012 - 23:21

Series 2 was off to a flying start, then one of the main players took an absolute beating which was followed by the worst injury rolls I've ever seen. Suffice to say that the Cathayan Battle Monks will be laying low for some time... Meanwhile two of players whose warbands suffered set backs have started new warbands (Amazons and classic Undead) which we intend to integrate into the main campaign along with another new player, using (Swamp) Goblin (Pirates!?)

One of our part-time players stepped up his activity to take on a full-time role in the proceedings... As the mysterious swampland fiends gain in confidence, what started as a mist-wreathed cameo has become a very real threat to the port! Armoured warriors now infiltrate the waterways from the marshlands beyond the city walls! Speak their name if you dare! Say it and they will come!

Anyway, prior to Halloween we have temporarily adjourned while folks catch up with their workloads, move house etc.

Here are the first of the scenes I promised. drunken
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012 - 6:03

The scenario looks good. More please.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012 - 6:51

@VK... you're greedy! lol!

@werekin... It sounds like you're having a real blast. I look forward to reading the scenarios when I get a chance.

Edited... I've had my chance. I found it interesting that three of those four scenarios restricted voluntary routs.

I especially liked the Pit of Blood scenario. It is an interesting take on ending the game by having the game last for each warband for as long as they have one or more champions in the pit. I want to see the Cathayan Fighting Rooster! Very Happy

Three questions...
1) Does a champion that puts a champion or a gladiator out of action get +2 experience (+1 for champion/gladiator OOA and +1 for enemy OOA)?
2) Does the winning champion get a choice of any 1 weapon from the pit or as many weapons from the pit as wanted.
3) Do the gladiators start the battle unarmed just like the champions?

I liked your take on 'A Night in the Graveyard'. We did a similar thing and customised this scenario for our last Border Town Burning campaign.

I have a question for the Powder Bridge scenario too. Should it say that the Physician's Guild player cannot rout rather than the Thieves Guild player. The current wording just struck me as odd for some reason.
Edited a second time to add strikethrough above.

Last edited by RationalLemming on Sat 29 Sep 2012 - 23:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Sep 2012 - 14:59

Doh! I didn't click on the other 3.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012 - 21:37

Rational, answers posted in the comments for posterity. I've also posted a big report of UK Games Day 2012 on the blog.

Regards,

Werekin
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Sep 2012 - 23:43

Thanks. To me this means that the +1 Per Gladiator/Champion Out of Action is superfluous because that is already covered by the +1 Per Enemy Out of Action. Or have we been playing the rules wrong all these years and the +1 Per Enemy Out of Action is *only* for warriors in the enemy warband and does not cover NPCs? scratch

I also liked that the Pit of Blood scenario really focuses on the champions in the XP gained by excluding the +1 Winning Leader that is nearly universal in campaigns.

In the Powder Bridge scenario I also liked that either warband loses a CP if they are responsible for the death of a hostage. I do have a question about this scenario though. Is the +1 Per Hostage Released only applicable to the Physicians Guild player?
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct 2012 - 0:53

I can't give you a straight answer on the matter of experience gained (or not) for killing NPC's because everyone I speak with has mixed opinions on the matter. Due to a variety of influencing factors I find it safer to include the superfluous guideline and leave the wider topic for another open thread.

Should a hostage taker gain experience for releasing a hostage? I'm not answering that. Shocked
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct 2012 - 1:58

werekin wrote:
Should a hostage taker gain experience for releasing a hostage? I'm not answering that. Shocked

Fair enough, I guess it would be a disadvantage to release a hostage since they provide good benefits to the warrior with the hostage with no down-sides. If a warrior did want to go 'gung-ho' and release the hostage then they would be putting themselves at potential risk and therefore may be worthy of bonus XP.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct 2012 - 22:32

A hostage objective marker counts as a captured model. Fresh meat offers further benefits in the post battle sequence to some warbands, meaning these drug-store damsels are worth making off with.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct 2012 - 23:46

This is looking so good. After I finish, I'll have the whole winter off with nothing to do, so I will sure as hell get myself together to finish these Strigany I have been "working" on for ages, and perhaps travel around the world to play with some people.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct 2012 - 0:29

As of next week we have 3x war rooms here to campaign in... which spells Bournemouth Town Burning.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Oct 2012 - 9:38

werekin wrote:
As of next week we have 3x war rooms here to campaign in... which spells Bournemouth Town Burning.

Where's an airline ticket when I need it. desperate Wink
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012 - 5:28

The scenario the Pit of Blood states the following:

Quote :
Use the characteristics of a Pitfighter for each gladiator.

The sentence is followed by a Gladiator profile that is not the characteristics of a Pit Fighter. What is the intent?
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Oct 2012 - 9:21

Oops neat spot VK. We started off with the Pit Fighter characteristics but they proved a little tough to handle. Switching to more vanilla characteristics proved too much of a walk over in the pit. In the end the best measure was a compromise.

The characteristics of Gladiators used should match the Pit Fighter Hired Sword except for having Toughness 3. They still have the Pit Fighter skill to keep things interesting. A skill that also proves more popular with a scenario like this on the menu.

I'll add a note to the blog. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New campaign rules   New campaign rules - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New campaign rules
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2