Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips

Go down 
+10
Edyy
Saranor
RationalLemming
catachanfrog
Zekk
Citizen Sade
Shadowphx
Von Kurst
Stronzo
Spectre
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips   Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012 - 19:35

I've played that whip goes, then initative, and as long as you are still elligible to attack the target you may do so, but must roll for everything as normal. However he is knocked down/stunned now so no defensive skills or parry.

So my opponet took Leap Up and a Helmet. My Norse Shaman of Tchar didn't do so well after that.
Back to top Go down
skipspence
Knight
Knight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips   Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Aug 2012 - 20:15

The way I see it is. as the rules state you cannot automatically take a model of combat in the same combat phase.

Think of the attacks like this:

1) First you hit with the whip.

2) The guy gets stunned.

3) You move to hit with your other attacks.

you are still moving from your previous attacks, so you need skill to hit.

Think of the combat as one fluid motion. just because you stunned him does not mean your character has a moment to rest and do a precision strike, through a gap in the armour or a vulnerable point on the targets body. Besides he may be stunned but who says his body has "hit" the floor yet. you next swing could well be trying to hit a still moving target even if its straight down into the dirt.

To try and help you understand my thought of a fluid combat. Here is a question and answer on the mordheimer FAQ;

Q: Can pistol be parried in hand-to-hand combat?

A: Yes. Do not imagine it as stopping the bullet, but as pushing the pistol out of direction at the last moment.

It would be impossible to parry a bullet, but to know the gun away as its being fired, very possible for a skilled combatant. See how that conjures a image of fluid combat.

Anyway I think I am moving away from my point and waffling now.
Back to top Go down
Boyos
Hero
Hero
Boyos

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips   Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 29 Aug 2012 - 9:04

I think what is being stated is, you have a whip, hammer combo. So the whip goes first, in the combat turn, normaly the charger would now go after the whip, but due to being knocked down by the whip you skip the charters combat and now would make your hammer strike. Still having to hit him due to it being the same round of combat. It's not a new round of combat, so you don't get to auto kill him.

It's no diffrent then say your whip attack missed, the charger misses his attacks, and then you go with your hammer taking the charger out of action. You still roll to hit roll to injure.

I think the confusing part is, you get that first knock down/stun result on the whip. The hammer all its doing is giving you a chance of rolling a second injury dice. You still have to hit, wound, then roll a new wound result. So its like wounding with 2 swords. You get two wound results, take the highest. The hammer just comes after the whip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips   Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sisters of Sigmar + Steel Whips
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2