Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Empty
PostSubject: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012 - 12:42

Hi there, i've got to the point where i've run out of skill ideas for my MODheim re-write.

I would really appreciate any input / further thoughts or crititisms of the skills presented in the linked document below.

Thank you:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzXjWYwhLwQLZFJNTXQ2TmdYeUE

Last edited by maxxev on Fri 18 May 2012 - 14:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Danielks
Youngblood
Youngblood
Danielks

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012 - 17:35

Are these in addition to skills in the rulebook, or are you only using your own skill list?
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012 - 21:50

This skill list would replace the ones in the rule book, some of the stock rules woulden't make sense in MODheim.
Back to top Go down
Danielks
Youngblood
Youngblood
Danielks

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012 - 9:36

Okay, well I dont know how much you are changing the core rules. But you are lacking in skills that affect post battle.
My skill suggestions:
A leadership skill, could be that models that have gotten the "miss x turns" can join the fight with a -1 to ws and bs, for x turns instead.
For slave driver skill, the bodyguard skill for the arabian merchant.
For close quarters, +1 ws for fighting more than one enemy.
For fusilier skill, extra armor penetration on blackpowder.
For titan skill, increase leadership affect range. 6" to 10" or 12"
A strength skill that lets you use a heavier armour (none->light, light->heavy)

Also maybe get an academic/magic and a exploration/shopping skill list
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2012 - 9:43

Hi, thank you for the suggestions Smile.

I forgot to say that I haven't yet come up with any academic skills but that I do intend to include them!
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 14:20

Well while I finish up another couple of conversions for hopefully the end of this weekend, I would really like some thoughts on my proposals for scenario generation and thoughts on a Warband recruitment type table thingy, feel free to coment here or on my blog, but the images are on my blog (because it's easier that way).

You can find the post in question here: http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/modheim-city-of-legends.html

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Danielks
Youngblood
Youngblood
Danielks

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 15:38

I like the idea of cross usage of models. But as I understand from your MODheim warbands thread, you aim to make models for each warband.
Would you then restrict the number of people playing for example undead, so there aren't a need for more than two servants(igor)?

The randomization with cards seems like a good idea, but I'm alittle confused in regards to scenario cards. What is on a scenario card if you have seperate mission cards?
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 17:28

I may well have to restrict players on what they can take, but I have 4 Dregs so the Igors wont be the restricting factor Smile.

The Scenarios would be much like the scenarios in the Mordheim book, Missions on the other hand cn be CHOSEN by the player and will be things like:
"Paid hit: take opposing warband leader OOA with your warband leader"
"Scout mission: get 2 heroes into your enemies deployment zone"

If you don't declare your mission then you gain something (not sure if EXP or possibly FAME (something i'm thinking of introducing in order to allow warbands to hire more elite henchmen). If you declare to your opponent what you mission is then you recive double the reward (but obviouly it's much harder to pull off).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12   MODheim Scenario generation thoughts  wanted please:18/05/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MODheim Scenario generation thoughts wanted please:18/05/12
Page 1 of 1