Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mini Campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 14:40

My fiancée and I have decided to spend some of our evenings playing our very own little campaign.
We do have a campaign coming up with a group of friends, but several still needs to assemble and paint their warbands and we all agree that we want a new gaming table before we start. So because we can't wait and to test out some builds we decided to play a few warbands each and do some battle on the sofa table, with the buildings we already have.
We chose to set the campaign in a small village outside Mordheim, by the river Stir, that where hit by pieces of the meteor as it passed over.
To amuse ourselves even further we figured we would write small reports of our battles and give them a bit of fluff to make things interesting Smile
So if you like, not to technical battle reports with a little story to them, stay tuned and watch this topic Wink

The Warbands we have so far are:

Louise/Shelena:
The Black Lions (Dark Elves)
The Sisters of Myrmidia (Marienburgers)

Louis/Stronzo:
Rusty's Rangers (Outlaws)
Finkel's Gutter Cutters (Skaven)

Enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
Shelena
Champion
Champion
Shelena

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 14:45

First Battle

Scenario: Treasure Hunt
Warbands: The Black Lions (Dark Elves) vs. Rusty's Rangers (Outlaws of Stirwood Forest)

The Black Lions

Highborn: Rayan the Black Lion
Fellblades: Darrhen and Cshel
Beastmaster: Kaveh
Sorceress: Arûn the Lioness
Corsairs: Kaelthus and Malaketh
Cold One Beasthounds: two black lions

The former White Lion held no particulary likes nor dislikes for the dark elves. As of now they served a purpose.

He had barely escaped the Elven Kingdoms and protection was needed. When he was ambushed and found himself face to face with Kaveh's black lions, he had taken it as a somewhat cruel sign and slaughtered their leader. Since then they had followed him. Out of fear. Out of respect. Never out of love.

A green glint illuminated the night sky and earthquakes changed the course of the river. The ship went aground outside the small town of Flechendorf and they reluctantly went ashore. The town looked deserted, but when the dust clouds settled Rayan saw movement. Someone was looking for something.

The Black Lions didn't win. The odds were on their side - dices were not. Arûn the Lioness, Cshel, and one of Kaveh's black lions went out of action. And Rusty's Rangers only suffered one knock-down right before they made it to the table edge with the treasure. But it was still a good fight.

Darrhen turned out to be arrow-proof. A ricochetting arrow stunned the two corsairs in front of him, but when the battery tried to take him out, he didn't even flinch. Later he made cover, leaving his fellow Fellblade out in the open. Cshel was then taken out of action, and as a good dark elf Darrhen didn't seem to feel any remorse.

Rayan took a lot of hits, but his black lion cloak (sea dragon cloak) protected him. The dark elves have every reason to keep follow this fearless, possessed high elf.

The bitch e-, uhm, witch elf flew in behind enemy lines (Witch flight), was taken out of action by a puny henchman, and subsequently died in the post battle sequence. Sigh. The black lion also died.

Cshel was a bit more skillful. He rolled 66 and came back with an extra experience point. He then rolled 'skill' and became the first of the dark elves to take Fay Quickness.

Cshel looked around.
- Where's the witch?
- Always one step ahead, Rayan said in a bitter voice.
The Fellblade nodded, not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 15:06

First Battle

Scenario: Treasure Hunt
Warbands: The Black Lions (Dark Elves) vs. Rusty's Rangers (Outlaws of Stirwood Forest)

Rusty's Rangers

Bandit Leader: Rusty the Frog
Champion: Fergus
Champion: Art
Petty Thief: Riley
Petty Thief: Barry

Marksman: Lochlan
Marksman: Quin
Marksman: Ronan
Marksman: Seamus

Halfling scout: Lucky

"My Rangers!"
Rusty yelled out, trying to get trough to the shit-faced drunks, who where singing his praise out loud. They where on the one-hundred and something verse and the song didn't seem to be nearing an end.
"My Rangers"
He tried again, this time even louder. Fergus stopped his bellowing and threw him a smile, showing missing teeth. When he realized his leader wasn't singing along, but trying to get their attention, he punched Art who where sitting next to him, in the gut and sneered "The Frog want the word!"
Silence fell and the Brettonian looked at his men.
"Gentlemen" he said and looked around "I don't really feel that your behaviour is fitting for this cell. Might i suggest that we, instead, work on our escape plan?"

Shortly after a piece meteor hit the little village and while everyone fled, or died, the merry band of brigands managed to escape their prison. After a short debate they decided to go seach for the treasure, that where the reason for their being in Flechendorf in the first place. Sadly they where no alone in the ruins.

Even though the outlaws didn't suffer any injuries, i was constantly at the brink of panic looking at the, way to rapidly, advancing darkelves with their superhuman stats.
The first arrow sent 2 Corsairs down stunned, but after that myshooting wasn't to much use till the final round. When the Sorceress teleportet on top of a lone henchman i was sure we had seen the last of him. But amazingly enough he managed to knife the she-elf and she even died from the wound. He is now and henceforth known as "Lochlan Witchslayer".
Another lad worth mentioning was Barry, who for 4 turns stood with his club and fended off a highborn, a beastmaster and 2 black cold-lion-ones. He was hit constantly but didn't suffer injury till the very last round where he was knocked down a second before Art and Lucky dragged the chest out, over the table edge.

All in all a very good game for the outlaws who i, after reading their rules, had thought horribly underpowered.
Art who found the chest gained an extra attack and Quin, who where the only one to go out of action made it home whole.
I fear the day when more of the elves wear those pesky cloaks though...
Back to top Go down
Shelena
Champion
Champion
Shelena

Personal Info

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 16:35

Second Battle

Scenario:
Ambush
Warbands: The Black Lions (Dark Elves) vs. Finkel's Gutter Cutters (Skavens)

The Black Lions

Highborn: Rayan the Black Lion
Fellblades: Darrhen and Cshel
Beastmaster: Kaveh
Corsairs: Kaelthus and Malaketh
Cold One Beasthounds: two black lions

The defeat irritated Rayan. The witch had proven worthless, and, even worse, his axe had failed him. Who were those men?

He looked up and found himself face to face with Rusty. Or a picture of Rusty. With a snarl he tore the wanted poster from the brick wall. 'Rusty the Frog. Wanted for petty theft and impersonating a woman of the cloth'. Rayan creased the poster. His eyes were black with anger.

And then, a yell from the riverbed, where they had left the others.

We decided to use very few buildings and turned the table into the former riverbed: a bridge, two hills and a few ruins. The Black Lions were the defenders, and Darrhen, Cshel, the two black lions, and a corsair were forming a circle (8 inches apart) in the middle of the table. More than looking for wyrdstones, the Fellblades were looking for Kaveh, wondering why he had left his pesky beasts behind.

In the first turn the corsair and Cshel were taken out of action. The rest regrouped as far away from the swarm as possible. In their second turn the rest of the warband were lucky enough to enter the table right behind two left behind heroes who were charged right away. They were both taken out of action by Rayan.

The Black Lions had three more taken out of action: a lion, another Corsair, and Darrhen.

Post battle sequence: Luckily they all survived. One corsair (Kaelthus) increased his leadership. One corsair (Malaketh) increased his weaponskill. The highborn (Rayan) increased his initiative. The beastmaster (Kaveh) rolled 'skill' and chose Fey Quickness. The Fellblade Cshel was lucky once more: He rolled 63 and was Hardened. But the Fellblade Darrhen took the prize. He rolled multiple injuries and then a 6. First injury: Bitter enemy and then a 6. He now hates all skavens. All other injuries: full recovery! And then he got a new skill and chose Fey Quickness as well. He is one bad ass dark elf!

They were defeated, but it felt like winning. I have never been this lucky rolling for serious injuries! Also: I hate that scenario, but then again: I have never been the attacker...

Rayan kneeled at what he thought to be the corpse of Darrhen. From the roof he had seen how the fighting claws of the ratmen had shredded the Fellblade, and Rayan now wondered whether Darrhen's halberd would serve him better than his own axe.
- Get your hands off my weapon!
Suddenly Darrhen opened his eyes and sat up. With the back of his hand he removed the blood from his face and managed a wry smile.
- Promise me revenge, he said.
Rayan eyed the dark elf with growing respect. He then returned the smile in silent agreement.

Last edited by Shelena on Sat 12 May 2012 - 0:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 11 May 2012 - 17:09

Second Battle

Scenario: Ambush
Warbands: The Black Lions (Dark Elves) vs. Finkel's Gutter Cutters (Skavens)

Finkel's Gutter Cutters

Assasin adept: Bloodfang Finkel
Black skaven: Tik Fury
Black skaven: Venom Crawler
Eshin sorcerer: Mad Eye Sting
Night runner: Mauser
Night runner: Chaser

Verminkin x 2: Bloodfangs
Verminkin x 2: Black Rodents
Verminkin x 2: Gutter Slaves

Finkel had been watching the two warbands fight over the wooden box with the unimportant metal. The real prize around here was yet to be claimed. As the man-things dragged the box away and the elf-things began searching the ruins for supplies the assasin put his minions into position. Soon half of the tall ones where well out of sight and the others, battle weary and tired, staggered around, without visible purpose.
"Kill 'em, kill 'em, stab! Stab! Quick! Quick!"'
Finkel screamed and the riverbed became alive with black fur and green glowing eyes...

The fight was over before it really started, but in the few short turns we saw a lot of hard packed action. The wave of skavens swept over the few darkelves who where unfortunate enough to start on the field and i felt sure of a victory with little casualties.
In the elves second turn however all the remaining warriors charged in from behind me, where my nigh runners stood and hurled stones after the remains of the original force.
They where quickly annihilated while the rest of the warband struggled to overcome their fear of the big cold-lion-ones.
then the remaining 4 heroes managed to charge the beasts and forced a voluntary rout as only 2 elves still stood after the devastating assault.
Postbattle was less of a success. Chaser died and Mauser rolled madness and then stupidity. He was quickly abandoned and i had enough warpstone to hire two new runners. Rikky and Stinky. No one levelled up and i couldn't afford upgrades, but i didn't loose anything either Smile and after the next battle everyone i guaranteed a level if they survive Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shelena
Champion
Champion
Shelena

Personal Info

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012 - 0:49

Apologies for the lack of photos, but - trust me - they wouldn't be worth much. The skavens are assembled, not painted. And the rest of the warbands are played with stand-ins from Louis' Bretonian Army - making it hard to distinguish one warband from the other.

There is no doubt all of these warbands will be made before the real campaign. They have way too much personality to be just pass time Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Great MC
Champion
Champion
Da Great MC

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeSat 12 May 2012 - 9:59

Thanks for the reports! I had fun reading them!
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012 - 1:01

It was cool getting both sides of the story for the same battles.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
fanfav
Champion
Champion
fanfav

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 6:43

Shelena wrote:

Wanted for petty theft and impersonating a woman of the cloth'.

Classic. I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Stronzo
Warlord
Warlord
Stronzo

Personal Info

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitimeFri 18 May 2012 - 11:18

Thanks for the comments guys Smile We had a series of games yesterday and forgot to take note's. So we are trying to get the order of events right. We'll properly post later today Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mini Campaign  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini Campaign    Mini Campaign  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mini Campaign
Page 1 of 1