Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting line-up for Possessed

Go down 
+2
Zero2Hero-DK
folketsfiende
6 posters
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Empty
PostSubject: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 9:36

Hey guys! This is my last try to get some response on this. I've posted and bumped in the sticky, but got no answers, so I'll try here instead. Done painted myself a Possessed warband (pics will be up soon), and would like some ideas on the best starting combo given what the models have.

First off, in my group we have a house rule that you may make one exception in what equipment is allowed for one henchmen type or one hero (this is because we have so many modelling ideas that would go to waste otherwise - just think of a gor with a long rifle...). My change for this gang is allowing brethren to have halberds - which I hope won't be too much.

Secondly, I'm pretty picky with my own minis being WYSIWYG, so the list of models below is what is up for use in my warband, no equipment alterations!

So, please give some advice on how to make the best possible starting warband out of this:

Heroes:
Magister w/ two swords (which is the best spell for him?)
Possessed (probable mutations from physical appearance: spines, hideous, daemon soul)
Possessed (tentacle, scorpion tail, spines, hideous, daemon soul)
Mutant w/ hammer (spines)
Mutant w/ sword (tentacle)

Henchmen:
3 darksouls w/sword
5 brethren w/ halberd
Beastwoman with spear
Beastwoman with 2h-weapon
Back to top Go down
Zero2Hero-DK
General
General
Zero2Hero-DK

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 10:49

Hey folketsfiende,
I've read several of your posts with great interest and thanks for your engagement and contribution to the community!

With respect to your warband, I must say you are delimitating your self by keeping the equipment unchangable, but I do like the WYSIWYG mentality, which eyecandy and realistic in gameplay.

Even though I've never played Possessed my self, I've had several ideas for a future warband.

I would say the biggest issue in the start of the campaign, is lack of quantity. The possessed characters are REALLY hurting the moneybag, and expecially with several mutations. I would recomment that you start out with the two Mutants and the possessed with scopion tail. In this way you'll have a possessed hero with an additional attack with str 5 against most of opponents - Mutants for income.

It's a shame the beastmen comes with spear, since I would rather put some hammers on the beasts! But try keeping the warband small for the beginning (Fewer models = More cash for the next possessed)
Dont expect to win too many starting games, for the time being, because of the lack of numbers. Go with Breathen as a start, sacrifice those, and voluntary rout to gain the extra money. Cheesy gaming, but really the best option from my point of view, till you get a basic moneyflow and if your lucky, TLGT heroes.

I'm not in the calculating mood in regards to the cost, so I've just commented on what I see Laughing

Best of luck Mate, I'm really looking forwards to be hearing of the first couble of games!
Kind regards
Back to top Go down
http://Zero2Hero.tabletopgeeks.com
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 11:14

Zero2Hero-DK wrote:
Hey folketsfiende,
I've read several of your posts with great interest and thanks for your engagement and contribution to the community!
Why thanks! I'm not on a DeafNala level, but it's always nice to know that you've contributed somewhat.
Zero2Hero-DK wrote:
I'm not in the calculating mood in regards to the cost, so I've just commented on what I see Laughing
Thanks alot for your input! I've also thought about leaving one of the possessed out, but it seems to me one more exploration die could mean a lot in those early games... but perhaps I'm asking for the impossible.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 17:44

I usually start with 2 possessed ( each with one mutation) and one mutant ( and themagister of course), because the possessed are so expensive that later on i would have to save more money. And the cost performance factor of them is much better than with the mutants.

Maybe you could start your magister with two daggers and later on give him some real swords, to save some money. It could fit to the model also, maybe not to the background of your warband.
I believe that you could start with 6 models. 4 heroes, 2 brethren. Maybe a seventh brethren/ or an upgrade to an beastwoman is possible, but you need to calculate this.

Good luck, winning is although possible, if you can strike fast and hard and you don't eat too much bullets/ bolts/ arrows.
Back to top Go down
mudboy
Champion
Champion
mudboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2012 - 19:46

I think you should run your possessed without mutations. They are rock hard already and IMO don't need anything extra.
As long as most your heroes survive I think the following list is a good start considering what you have to work with:

Magister 2x swords 90
Possessed 90
Possessed 90
Mutant hammer spines 63
Mutant sword tentacle 70

Brethren Halberd 35
Darksoul Sword 45

or

Brethren Halberd 35
Beastwoman Double-handed 60

Both options pack a punch so it depends on your own taste.
As Zero2Hero-DK says, make sure you get out of the first 2-3 games with minimal casualties to maximize profit.

Btw, Beastwoman?! Sounds awesome! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2012 - 22:09

I recommend that you take both possessed with one mutation each;
Possessed with scorpion tail 90+4= 130, Possessed with spines 90+35 =125,

and the Mutant with tentacle and sword 25+35+10=70. Then add 3 brethren with halbards 25+10x3= 105.

Also start your Magister with a dagger. I realize that this is not how the model looks, but you should get 20gc after your first exploration and then you can equip him appropriately after the first battle.

Is this nicer?

Last edited by kidterminal on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 18:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pararoxy
Youngblood
Youngblood
Pararoxy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 8:39

edit... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting line-up for Possessed   possessed - Starting line-up for Possessed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting line-up for Possessed
Page 1 of 1