Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Painting Ostlanders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Painting Ostlanders Empty
PostSubject: Painting Ostlanders   Painting Ostlanders Icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011 - 23:51

Hello,

I am considering starting to paint my Ostlander warband however I am unsure how exactly to paint them. What colours do I start with; what shades to I need to apply and what colour makes a good highlight for them. My Ostlanders are not rustic people which the rules say; they are retired soldiers for The Empire (Ostlander army); I am not sure how to paint their uniform.

Thanks,
Grubbi
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Painting Ostlanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting Ostlanders   Painting Ostlanders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011 - 11:59

this is how I paint mine. this is by no means the best methode. i'm sure many people paint theirs differently.
I used the paint the white from a base of graveyard earth and several layers with increasing amounts of dheneb stone. It's quite labor intensive. Nowadays I just paint it dheneb stone, wash devlan mud, highlight dheneb stone.
I don't highlight the black on rank and file models but on characters I use a very fine highlight of chaos black-codex grey mix. Hope this helps.

I use blue for accent colour but red is most often associated with the counts of Ostland

Painting Ostlanders Dscn5536

ps: you can find different painting schemes and accent colours here, just scroll down untill you see Ostland
Back to top Go down

Painting Ostlanders
Page 1 of 1