Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Merchant of Verezzo

Go down 
+14
weeble1000
Hubbynz
DrHobo
drakkol
folketsfiende
The Yak
JoaoS
SerialMoM
Theorox
Eliazar
Von Kurst
DeafNala
Grimscull
Medici
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Medici

Medici

Trading Reputation : 0

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Empty
PostSubject: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011 - 18:37

Hello fellow forum-ers. After many moons of observing this grand forum from afar, I have decided to post something! Huzzah!. I present to you my little bit of Tilea in the form of the merchant, Claudio Violi, along with his house retainers.

To begin I only have a few representatives of House Violi painted and so I will add bits and pieces over the coming days and weeks with the aim of a full retinue fit for mordheim plus some extras, such as terrain, markers and maybe some enemies!

But for now, let us descend upon fair Verezzo, where we set our scene. And what a dark scene it is, for our merchant has just escaped within an inch of his life and rides hard for the towering gates of the city with but a handful of those still loyal. But how long can their loyalty be relied upon? Or rather, how long can it be bought, for our merchants troubles are most certainly stemmed from his purse.

Claudio Violi, son of Guiseppe Violi, a merchant whose influence in the most serene republic of Verezzo was only matched by his boundless wealth.
merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Merchantrightside

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Merchantleftside

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Merchantback

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Merchantabove

Francesco de Sanctis, a swordsman unmatched in all of Verezzo. Famed duelist, he once cut the beard of Hanz Hinklebron, a noble of Ostermark, in two after the latter declared him a dandy and a fop. Appearances can, however, be decieving, as Francesco is eqully adept with the greatsword. One must, afterall, learn to perfect the art of many blades in the pay of such a high profile master as Claudio Violi.
merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Championfront

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Championback

merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Championsideback

Claudio Violi and Franceso de Sanctis, the first of the retinue.
merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Merchantandchampion

Next up, the Rossi brothers, Lucciano and Alessio with their crossbows. This is Tilea after all!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011 - 19:34

Okay, this is quite an impressive first post. Especially considered Mordheimians are often more at home at the terrain-building and playing-sections of the hobby Very Happy
You don't actually plan to play with those? The models might fly off some stairs! What manufacturer are they from anyways? Never seen them before...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011 - 20:02

First off...WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep Yet Inspiringly Cool Nonetheless Mordhein Forum. May you stay be LONG & MERRY! cheers
Your introductory post is indeed HIGHLY INSPIRATIONAL. Those are truly lovely pieces of a level of artistry that most of us can only dream of attaining...BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE! thumbsup
I look forward to the continuation of Violi War Band. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011 - 22:52

+1! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 5:02

Whoa, that's a crazily beautiful post for introducing yourself! Awesome models and welcome to the forum! Please show us the rest of your minis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 9:29

Welcome to the forum! Those paintjobs are crazy good, looks like Golden Daemon quality actually. Shocked Yeah, that's what it reminds me of, a lot of the human Golden Daemon entries in the Warhammer rulebook!

More of this band, please! Smile It's so inspirational. Also, what miniatures are those?

Theo
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 9:43

Wow, those two are awseome. Great paint job. I love the shield the highlights and shadow effects and your very nice bases.

How did you make the flowers and the wood sticks on them?

I am really looking forward to see more of your painting arts.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011 - 15:20

Outstanding paint job indeed! And the bases are truly amazing. Not just for the amount of detail (flowers, etc.) but also because of the way the base is split in half with the road giving an idea of motion to the miniature. Very clever! Do you have more miniatures that you can display already?

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 0:29

This looks like the start of something really special.

Your painting is exceptional. Are the models converted?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the retinue of House Violi. Was not one of their line called Rav?

Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeMon 7 Nov 2011 - 8:44

Top notch stuff! Like some of the others, I wonder where you're headed with your painting? Is this an army in the making? Showcase stuff? A warband of some sort? Any way, really good colour choices, and wonderful colour depth!
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011 - 8:12

Benvenuto! Ottimo lavoro! De Sanctis...coi colori di Udine sul pettorale...una chicca!

Ehm...sorry for my use of Italian but...I weren't able to tell that in English.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
DrHobo
Champion
Champion
DrHobo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011 - 12:41

Outstanding work, a real pleasure to the eyes.

One thing that bothers me, though... Francesco de Sanctis' shield. Is the surface made up of individual pieces of wood/metal/cloth/whatever? Because every square has its own shadows and highlights... and normally, the chequering on a shield was either painted on or a piece of cloth over a wooden shield, thus not casting individual shadows, at least not in the amount shown.

Don't get me wrong, they both look absolutely stunning, but - for me, personally - the shield is kind of a sore spot on the miniature, marring the overall beauty. Kind of like Kirsten Dunst's snaggletooth Wink
Back to top Go down
Hubbynz
Hero
Hero
Hubbynz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012 - 6:14

Wow!!!! Love the duelest....Perry WOTR minis???
Back to top Go down
http://halflinghouse.blogspot.com/
weeble1000
Hero
Hero
weeble1000

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012 - 18:08

Franceso de Sanctis is converted from the command sprue of the Perry Brothers War of the Roses Mercenaries box set. The spear arm has been converted into the greatsword. Otherwise it is pretty much as is save for a head swap.

Claudio Violi looks like a Perry model too, but I can't tell which off hand.

The models are lovely though. Absolutely lovely, and a wonderful application of NMM techniques.
Back to top Go down
gewaltatron
Hero
Hero
gewaltatron

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jan 2012 - 19:50

i like the bases
Back to top Go down
http://40kcampaigncologne.blogspot.com/
Plutz
Veteran
Veteran
Plutz

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jan 2012 - 4:09

weeble1000 wrote:
Franceso de Sanctis is converted from the command sprue of the Perry Brothers War of the Roses Mercenaries box set. The spear arm has been converted into the greatsword. Otherwise it is pretty much as is save for a head swap.

Claudio Violi looks like a Perry model too, but I can't tell which off hand.

The models are lovely though. Absolutely lovely, and a wonderful application of NMM techniques.

He is the Duke of Buckingham from the Wars of the Roses line. I am using him as my mercenary captain for a dogs of war/empire army I'm putting together, entirely Perry miniatures. I've also built a warband of them that I'll post once the last three archers are fully painted.
Back to top Go down
Asus
Youngblood
Youngblood
Asus

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2012 - 11:49

conversions - chapeux bas ! Jus brilliant work, they're so reinessance looking - I just love them. The horse shoud have, in my opinion, a liitle more shading and highlitning, becouse it looks a little bit flat, but mayby it's the foult of picture. Francesco on the other hand is great - shield, sword, armour, pants - no questions asked Smile And he have so nice hangover face Smile
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitimeFri 3 Feb 2012 - 22:15

I'll join in with the others in the compliments of your two first pieces! So mutch character you got there!

Welcome indeed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Merchant of Verezzo   merchant - The Merchant of Verezzo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Merchant of Verezzo
Page 1 of 1