Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

FIMO PUTTY Some samples

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Empty
PostSubject: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 0:15

Hej muchachos,

hoy i got some fine samples of a putty called FIMO, its a german product thats used for hobbyworks, but more for schoolworks, kids and so on.The normal fimo has to be baked in the oven, and thats why i never tryed it.But last time i went to the hobbystore, i found a new product in their range wich dryes by air, takes 24 h , and then its hard, well, you could still work on it like on balsa wood.

What i did here is taking the stuff and knead it 5 min, than i took a hobbyknife and cutted some small tiles from it and glued them on some cardboard for making streettiles, second is copplestones, glueing a big rolled-flat piece of it on the board again and used my sculpting tool to form some copplestones.
FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Pict0010
To the right i did the same, glued an flat piece of it on again, cut out a window, made some plasterstructure in the still formable putty by using a hard brush.
Then i cutted some small stripes for beams of wood, agian used my sculpting tool for making those wood surface.
FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Pict0011
Well, i was surprised how good it can be worked, and now comes the best: its super light weight, its nothing!

Working on 4 big mordheim board pieces, i really wanted to safe on weight, they are allready damn heavy, so, i thought about glueing this stuff to foambord walls, doing only the outside, quick and light, and i think i will do that. The big plus is also that you can prime it like your minis by using spray, for saving on time. The yellow and blue foam is also nice to work with, but when it comes to the part of brushing the whole thing by hand, i had enough, too much time effort.

Well, hope i could introduce a, by my means , super perfect hobby product to the tommy community, enjoy, floedebolle

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 0:26

That looks TERRIFIC! You certainly have a nice variety of texture; the woodwork in particular looks GREAT. I'm pretty sure Michael's & Hobby Lobby carry FIMO over here...I'll check it out if they do. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 17:17

Michael's does carry it in the kids section of the hobby area. I never thought of using it but I think I will give it a try! My son used it for Scouts for a craft project; it is vary light; almost nothing as stated above.
looks great.
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 18:05

Wow, that looks good! Especially nice for simple cool cobblestones to cover an entire board, I'd think. Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011 - 20:26

hej guys, thanks for your comments!
I didnt thought that it was that much nown over there, great!
@theorox: Thats exactly what i thought to do with it, to cover wasting big areals with those copplestones, shouldnt be that timetaking.

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIMO PUTTY Some samples   FIMO PUTTY  Some samples Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FIMO PUTTY Some samples
Page 1 of 1