Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Elves in Mordheim

Go down 
+8
Turquoise Dwarf
BalrogTheBuff
Lord 0
Krayduk
Dribble Joy
StyrofoamKing
mweaver
LAZtheinfamous
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elves in Mordheim   Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012 - 2:41

Warning: Mostly OT post.

Krayduk wrote:
As I side note I think the price of armor should be cut in half...
This matches how I play, so you are clearly a person of high intelligence and distinction.
Krayduk wrote:
and the penalty for heavy armor and a shield should affect initiative, not movement. I just dont see a guy in heavy armore jumping from rooftop to rooftop as easily as on with no armor.
I am not sure this should be the case. You are right that heavier armour should make you be able to jump less far, but a penatly to I would also make you slower in combat and at climbing, and this it simply doesn't do. I think this is one of those 'reality is unrealistic' occasions because if you are strong enough you can even do *acrobatics* in armour. Well, that is assuming you are used to it, but if we start making the distinction between who is used to armour and who isn't you might as well start playing WHFB if you want that level of granularity.
Krayduk wrote:
I also hate the toughened leathers item... why would you not be able to combine it with a shield? makes no sense...
I choose to look at this as a rounding artifact. I think a shield giving you a whole point of armour is a bit silly, likewise a toughened leather jacket. So each piece gives you 0.5 armour that is rounded up to 1 for game purposes, but if you combine both of them together then you get an armour value of one. So there you go - you *can* combine them and they *do* add together, it just doesn't do anything in practice.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Elves in Mordheim   Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012 - 3:56

@Lord 0,
So do you think more in terms of shields being like bucklers? To give bonuses to parrying rather than armor? I personally agree that Light armor and Heavy armor should have their costs halved, as we do in the campaign we're playing, but we also give Shields added the 8th edition parry save of 6+ no matter what, thereby increasing the appeal of shields to discourage spamming of dual-wielding. It's been accepted pretty well with the group.
To further go on this tangent, what about penalizing Initiative ONLY in tests for climbing and jumping in Heavy armor? The Movement penalty never really bothered me that much, but there are some guys in the group that are wanting to incorporate a Strength Skill that removes the penalty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Elves in Mordheim   Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Apr 2012 - 12:50

Replied here.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Elves in Mordheim   Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Apr 2012 - 2:34

Interesting thread and other thread. Evidently knowledge of elven smithery is limited in these parts!
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elves in Mordheim   Elves in Mordheim - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elves in Mordheim
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2