Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

background rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

background rules Empty
PostSubject: background rules   background rules Icon_minitimeThu 1 Sep 2011 - 22:22

hi guys and gals,

I'm wondering if anybody else ever thought about what your warband members did before leaving for mordheim. By which I mean did you ever create rules that allow for a bit of extra historyr?

I don't think I am explaing it very well scratch my brothers (my regular gaming group back in the day) and I used this home made list that you rolled on to see who your hero was before mordheim. so for example i just started an ostlander warband and rolled for my captain a D66 and I rolled 26 which meant he was a drunk (lose D6 gcs after each battle). the gcs where spent on incredibly cheap whiskey Very Happy but he could have been a saint or a runaway groom or Frankensteins early and less succesful work or something else.

The whole thing was inspired from such great games as Arcanum and Fallout, but I stole ideas from everywhere study

But as the years went by we lost the original sheet with all the background details. So to save me the effort of having to come up with every thing again: have any one of you used some similar rule before?
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
whiskeytango
Warlord
Warlord
whiskeytango

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

background rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: background rules   background rules Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 5:25

my group has a really extensive set of optional rules where you can have your captain start with 0 exp (and we came up with a new stat line for every warbands captain thats based on the youngbloods) and they fight 8 mini-battles before the first campaign fight, rolling an advancement after each one. So your captain will end up with a different set of skills and stats than the baseline captains. They can also get injured during these fights, but they can't die or lose both their legs or anything else severe like. We think it adds alot of character to your captain, instead of him being "john q. generic-captain".
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

background rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: background rules   background rules Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 5:40

It's a bit out of date (I have a newer version... somewhere...) but here's a link to the Personality rules. Untested.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t2754-personalities-a-start-up-optional-add-on?highlight=personalities
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

background rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: background rules   background rules Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 13:33

No rules for background, but I usually (from a role-playing perspective) can tell you a fair amount about my captains' backgrounds...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

background rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: background rules   background rules Icon_minitimeFri 2 Sep 2011 - 18:00

cool rules Styro! Our list was much more random, you never knew what kind of warband you would get Neutral it was more about having fun and less about balance and we used them for all heroes. With some modifications for the non human warbands Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Sponsored content

background rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: background rules   background rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

background rules
Page 1 of 1