Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Help with 2 rules?

Go down 
+2
Skavenblight
CrazyOrc88
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008 - 20:13

Hello, I am having a hard time finding a couple of things in the rules, both of which I think are actual rules, unless I'm just confusing myself with something else.

The first is about insanity points. I remember reading somewhere that failing fear tests and casting necromantic spells and other things adds to your insanity points, but I cannot find this in the rule book. Maybe it's optional rules?

The second thing is a person has told me that ogres (both the btb warband and the hired sword body guard) only gain 1/2 an experience point at a time.

Can anyone help me locate these two rules, if they are both even true? Thanks for any help.
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008 - 20:20

CrazyOrc88 wrote:

The first is about insanity points. I remember reading somewhere that failing fear tests and casting necromantic spells and other things adds to your insanity points, but I cannot find this in the rule book. Maybe it's optional rules?
Well, yes, these are optional rules. As far as I remember, they are in Town Cryer 8 and are not official (but very nice though).

CrazyOrc88 wrote:
The second thing is a person has told me that ogres (both the btb warband and the hired sword body guard) only gain 1/2 an experience point at a time.
I've seen this rule in Ostlander warband's rules but I'm not sure if it's every ogre. I have no errata or FAQ at the moment and I can't find it in rulebook.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008 - 20:29

CrazyOrc88 wrote:

Can anyone help me locate these two rules, if they are both even true? Thanks for any help.

Since you already know about the BTB Ogres you should have no trouble finding them (see my sig). They are called Maneaters.

And yes, they gain XP at half rate. This was introduced in the Ostlanders warband and was incorporated in the Maneaters list. Since the GW website is currently offline you can download the Ostlander PDF from the Mordheim Yahoo group.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008 - 22:43

Insanity rules TC 8 or go to mordheimer.com

Ogre learn half experience in the Ostlander warband but I don't they do the same as Hired Swords.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2008 - 23:41

Da Bank wrote:
Ogre learn half experience in the Ostlander warband but I don't they do the same as Hired Swords.

True. Ogre Bodyguards indeed do earn Experience like other models. The half rate was introduced for the Ostlanders as a means of balancing and preventing them from becoming too powerful too soon.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008 - 6:14

That clears everything up very nicely, thank you everyone for the quick replies.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008 - 6:21

Note: As a reminder, the Ogre Bodyguard is a Hired Sword, and so he gains the rate of Exp as a henchmen... namely, +1 Exp per game unless you have an underdog bonus.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Drud
Hero
Hero
Drud

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Nov 2008 - 16:06

StyrofoamKing wrote:
Note: As a reminder, the Ogre Bodyguard is a Hired Sword, and so he gains the rate of Exp as a henchmen... namely, +1 Exp per game unless you have an underdog bonus.

Somehow only the most intelligent Ogres become Bodyguards... :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help with 2 rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help with 2 rules?   Help with 2 rules? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with 2 rules?
Page 1 of 1