Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+98
Csilva
ryryak
Rhydderch
Heretical
Lorka
Dapper
MagicJuggler
Sampson97
Citizen Sade
The Hobo Hunter
2704ENG
Yodhrin
Athanatosz
bitxo
mitokun
Calimbandil
Lord 0
Braddoc
FioredeiLiberi
Nordheim
Ranez
Grimscull
floedebolle
MasterSpark
Caledore
Josiah_Blessed
wrinklestiltskin
xarly22
Darthvegeta800
butthole_serfdom
DB 2.0
NoisyAssassin
beninator
Pikey
Aipha
avarua
Arathorn
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Mayonnaise
Pan Domingo
totzro
Jonadams2
Vagabond
qazbnm
BigD
Drut
tuxedokman
Nasse
HumanFly
WarbossKurgan
havre
Spectre76
brokenv
Pervavita
chaos wolf
aviphysics
plainoldandrew
Plutz
Lucas Blackwolf
Pilgrim Pod
Per
Pararoxy
Katsuhiko JiNNai
xlins
siredge
luckyjoe
Dribble Joy
Montegue
Eliazar
Pfreck
Soulblight
Bjornur
TreGod
felixjaeger
Alcaeus
Alex
BeanoMcsheff
Valtiel
Colonel_kex
Horatius
CountBale
Edyy
Rhoaran
smokezombie
jkeg
Commander Von Drake
BalrogTheBuff
Odin Morgrimmsson
Von Kurst
Louis
caratacos
SerialMoM
folketsfiende
Vissah
Saranor
Nexie
Skavenslayer
Dahag
102 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
CountBale
Youngblood
Youngblood
CountBale

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011 - 11:54

Horatius wrote:
Hi CountBale,
I am not familiar with the Lahmian warband, so i´ll just post some thoughts on your equipment and the henchmen:
- Two swords bring you no benefit, drop one fpr a club. axe or dagger.
- Shields are not worth it unless you play with houserules, two weapons are always superior.
- The two dire wolves are risky. They are fast and dangerous when they attack, but they are very much overpriced. If you loose one replacing it will likely be a struggle.
- I would try to get an additional henchman in so that you test for routs after three losses.

So would this be better?

Lahmia Vampire 110
-Sword 10
-Axe 5
-Bow 10
Necromancer 35
-Shield 5
-Axe 5
Blood Sister 40
-Sword 10
-Axe 5
Beloved - Knight 85
-Axe 5
-Sword 10
-Bow 10
Thrall 20
-Axe 5
-Axe 5
Dire wolf 50
3 Skeletons 45
-Bow 30
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011 - 16:46

Yes, looks fine too me - you will have to test for routsafter three losses now.
By the way, how does that warband get more heroes? If i am guessing right the skeletons will get no XP (and so are unable to become heroes), so is there another henchman type you have not included? Or are the thralls henchmen?
Back to top Go down
CountBale
Youngblood
Youngblood
CountBale

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011 - 16:48

Horatius wrote:
Yes, looks fine too me - you will have to test for routsafter three losses now.
By the way, how does that warband get more heroes? If i am guessing right the skeletons will get no XP (and so are unable to become heroes), so is there another henchman type you have not included? Or are the thralls henchmen?

Yeah you can also get Blood Slaves for 25gc which can gain exp but their statline isnt that great.
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011 - 19:08

Then buy some, you will eventually need six heroes to make money. It is best to start them from game one, so you will maximise your chances to get "lad´s got talent". And their statline will improve over time...
Back to top Go down
CountBale
Youngblood
Youngblood
CountBale

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jun 2011 - 20:04

Horatius wrote:
Then buy some, you will eventually need six heroes to make money. It is best to start them from game one, so you will maximise your chances to get "lad´s got talent". And their statline will improve over time...

Ok, latest version of the warband with blood slaves and 9 units:

Lahmia Vampire 110
-Sword 10
-Axe 5
-Bow 10
Necromancer 35
-Axe 5
Blood Sister 40
-Sword 10
-Axe 5
Beloved - Knight 85
-Axe 5
-Sword 10
Thrall 20
-Axe 5
-Axe 5
Dire wolf 50
3 Blood Slaves 75
-Axes 15
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011 - 15:36

Interesting. I had to look up the warband. Which version are you using? (I'm not certain there are different versions.)

Why is the Beloved listed as 85? My version of he warband costs him at 60.

Also why wouldn't you want Blood Slaves over Skeletons? The Blood Slaves have better stats in my version. (Possibly not in the one you are using.)

Does your version of the warband include a Wight? If so I would buy one in hopes of getting it promoted to hero.

(Actually I am certain there must be different versions of this warband now since the Khemri version doesn't have Dire Wolves at all.)

Back to top Go down
CountBale
Youngblood
Youngblood
CountBale

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011 - 17:10

Von Kurst wrote:
Interesting. I had to look up the warband. Which version are you using? (I'm not certain there are different versions.)

Why is the Beloved listed as 85? My version of he warband costs him at 60.

Also why wouldn't you want Blood Slaves over Skeletons? The Blood Slaves have better stats in my version. (Possibly not in the one you are using.)

Does your version of the warband include a Wight? If so I would buy one in hopes of getting it promoted to hero.

(Actually I am certain there must be different versions of this warband now since the Khemri version doesn't have Dire Wolves at all.)

yeah we're definately using a different version. In my version the beloves works like this
Lahmian Warband wrote:
Beloved: The Beloved maybe chosen from any hero in a human warband other then
Middenheim, Witch Hunters, Sisters of Sigmar, Possessed, Carnival of Chaos and any hero that uses prays. The Beloved
will keep the same cost, profile, skill list, special rules and starting Experience. Weapons & Armour will be chosen from
his Wargear list and the skill leader is lost, as if hired by his normal warband.

and no, mine doesnt have wights, the only henchmen are dire wolves, skeletons and blood slaves. And blood slaves are 25 which meant that I couldnt get up to 9 models and still give them equipment.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011 - 20:30

Ah, the one I am quoting is from the Khemri Land of the Dead site. The more I look at it the more broken it looks, but I've never seen it played.
Back to top Go down
CountBale
Youngblood
Youngblood
CountBale

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011 - 22:04

Von Kurst wrote:
Ah, the one I am quoting is from the Khemri Land of the Dead site. The more I look at it the more broken it looks, but I've never seen it played.

Well... it's only as broken as you choose to make it I think, I mean if I chose a really powerful hero such as a Wulfen or a second spell caster it would be broken but I only chose a knight because of a running joke I have with a member of my group.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jun 2011 - 22:33

I'm sorry I meant the Khemri version looks broken. 5 different henchman choices, etc.
Back to top Go down
Colonel_kex
Warrior
Warrior
Colonel_kex

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 14:01

Hi! what do you think of this?

Magister: sword, dagger

possessed, naked

possessed, naked

mutant, extra arm, 2 clubs, dagger

mutant, spines, 2 clubs

beastman, club, shield

beastman, club, dagger.

Plan is to use cover and gang up on a section of the enemies warband and then hide until he fails his rout test for the first few games utill my warband can get some more "meat"
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Jul 2011 - 23:23

4 fast, high toughness models out of 7 isn't bad. They can take many human bands in a straight-up fight. The key is being able to hide.
Back to top Go down
Valtiel
Youngblood
Youngblood
Valtiel

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 21:30

I'm trying to piece together a Warband of Beastmen for upcoming games. I'm a complete newbie to Mordheim, but have been wanting to get into the game for some time now and finally my local gaming club is arranging games. So I've been trying to gain as much information from people around this forum, their warband lists and from the tactics from many topics and I've come up with the first draft of a possible warband.

Heroes:
Beastmen Chieftain (65)
2 Battle Axes (2x5), Helmet (10) - 85 GC

Beastmen Shaman (45)
Dagger (Free) - 45 GC

Bestigor (45)
Double-handed Weapon (15) - 60 GC

Bestigor (45)
2 Battle Axes (2x5) - 55 GC

Centigor (80)
Dobule-handed Weapon - 95 GC

Henchmen:
3 Gors (3x35)
3 Maces (3x3), 3 Daggers (Free) - 114 GC

3 Warhounds of Chaos (3x15) - 45 GC

Total: 499/500 GC

So, any of you got any advice to make it better? Should I swap to some other equipment or get other units here and there?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2011 - 15:51

You have a pretty solid list there. I would drop the double handed weapons, especially from the Bestigor, but you may be going with WYSIWYG or perhaps you expect high T enemies?

Otherwise the double handed weapons are overkill and since they force you to strike last, they allow your intended victim to make attacks before you can even if charged. I never have good luck with that, even if I send groups. Conversely, the tactic usually works against me. I hate that.
Back to top Go down
Valtiel
Youngblood
Youngblood
Valtiel

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011 - 0:24

Thanks for the reply!

I mostly try to have WYSIWYG but I am sure I would be able to switch the Centigor's and the Bestigor's double handed weapons for 2 Battle Axes each. That would give me 10 points to toy around with, which I could use for upgrading the Gors' daggers to maces (I am not that keen on that idea but not sure), give another Hero a helmet or give out two shields to some of the heroes. I am not entirely sure what to do though, but all choices seem well. Any suggestions on what to use those 10 GC for?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2011 - 3:38

You could also hold off on the 2 axes and have 20 gc to spend. Everybody gets a free dagger after all. I like helmets to ward off stunned results myself.
Back to top Go down
BeanoMcsheff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2011 - 16:47

I am just starting a possessed warband and allready have the warband, what should be my nextmove in buying and adding weapons onto the models Question
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 17 Jul 2011 - 18:08

I don´t understand your question BeanoMcsheff, do you mean you have the possessed boxed set?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 6:17

@ BeanoMcsheff I can try to help if you give me some more details of what you have
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 14:21

Here's an idea for an Orcs and Goblins warband. This is just the direction in which I want to go (some variation for the modelling aspect), please tell me what you think and how I can improve:

Orc Boss: Light armour, battle axe, sword, dagger: 115

Orc Shaman: dagger, sword: 50

Orc Big Un: Morning Star, Shield: 60

Orc Big Un: Double-handed Weapon, helmet: 65

Goblin Warrior (x2): Squig Prodder: 60

Cave Squiq (x2): 30

Goblin Warrior(x2): Short Bow: 40

Orc Boyz (x2): Shield, Spear: 80
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 17:39

I would drop the prodders for two more short bows and helmets for your Boss and other Big Un. Prodders are not usually needed until you get more squigs I have found.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 17:58

@Alcaeus:
Don't forget that orcs have access to both bows and crossbows. I understand if you're going cc, but a few ranged boyz might be a good idea, plus that modelling orcs with crossbows is pure joy!
Back to top Go down
Alcaeus
Champion
Champion
Alcaeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 20:17

folketsfiende wrote:
@Alcaeus:
Don't forget that orcs have access to both bows and crossbows. I understand if you're going cc, but a few ranged boyz might be a good idea, plus that modelling orcs with crossbows is pure joy!
What should I remove for the crossbows?
Back to top Go down
felixjaeger
Youngblood
Youngblood
felixjaeger

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 22:25

This is my first band of Pirates. and my first band of Mordheim jeje.

- Pirate Captain (60), Pistol Brace (30), Rapier (15) --- 105 Co.

- Ship Mate (35), Sword (10), dagger --- 45 Co.

- Ship Mate (35), Sword (10), Pistol (15) --- 60 Co.

- Gunner (25), Swilvel (65), Grape Shot (2) --- 92 Co.

- Crew (25), Crossbow (25), x2 --- 100 Co.

- Crew (25), Double Handed Weapon (15), x2 --- 80Co.

Total: 482 Co.

Total Miniatures: 8

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jul 2011 - 23:08

You want to make sure you start with as many heroes as you can. You should make room for cabin boys. Maybe by removing one of the crew with double handed weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   warband - Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next